Official Power Season 1 Thread

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this 50 song that played right after he got outta prison is :scusthov: 9 in my pocket or whatever

edit: show just ended. yo the fact that he would say the last line of the season over the phone was :childplease::mjlol:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
you nikkas saying the girl Ghost let go in the begining is the one with the scar.. WRONG..

its the girl who was with her brother... Ghost let her go ad put a couple bullets in her brother <--- thats the girl they talking bout

It was her boyfriend not her brother.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

Ice T still with this b*tch mane
tumblr_n4cpiliw9K1rz36j2o4_100.png

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I like Fif, but iift would benefit his career if he just learns to play the background. He got all that guap to make movies and he wrote sh1tty movies for himelf. He should be looking for writers and lowkey actors on the come up for projects and just stay in the background. His name alone brings too much hate. And he's a sh1tty actor. Bit his ego wont allow it. He's gonna probably destroy a good show. :snoop:

I kind of agree, he the Puffy version of acting. Personally to me a guy like Fif should have brought in some new professional cat on the low to play Canaan, a hungry Idris Elba type cat. I don't think 50 kills the show or anything like that, but his acting is a little dry at times, it's not the same acting when you might be out on the street vs when you go home to a busload full of women. Canaan doesn't show nearly the range of emotion that Ghost does.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I dont mind the songs or the headphones. Or even him being a character. But his character needs to die next season. That Pelle Pelle jacket was so tacky:mjlol:

Did that sh1t have rhinestones
:dahell:

tumblr_mq1vgebsq31rz36j2o1_75sq.png
I think he's just putting himself in "Power of the Dollar" state of mind circa '98.

Huey Shootin

Banned
Daps
While this show is entertaining, the way Ghost and Tasha have grown apart makes no damn sense :mindblown:

Made plenty of sense to me. She is a bird, and he was aspiring for something better than the life he's led. She was really a metaphor for what he wanted to break away from. Really good series. Can't wait for the next season. 50 has a hit on his hands.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Made plenty of sense to me. She is a bird, and he was aspiring for something better than the life he's led. She was really a metaphor for what he wanted to break away from. Really good series. Can't wait for the next season. 50 has a hit on his hands.

I agree but disagree at the same time. The dumb only hear the sound of the drum. She is most definitely not a bird, she been with Ghost from the jump, holds him down when it comes to burning evidence or hiding it on her person, plus is a sounding board to bounce ideas off of. She is exactly what every dope man hopes for, a girl who holds him down and keeps her mouth shut. The problem is that THAT'S her role, outside of her role nothing about her elevates Ghost's status, meaning that she's not really built for surviving on her own, she's not college educated, not even good for being a true trophy wife (I think she looks good but let's not kid ourselves here she's no Damaris Lewis :comeon:) So what makes the show deep is that, in essence, to be everything Ghost wants to be, he has to betray everything he's been true to, and that's been true to him, and that's been true about him, and that's what Naturi represents, she represents black womenhood, the streets, urban life, family, all in one, and that's why it's that dynamic makes the show very hard to not keep watching, because we all struggle with our truth, our reality, we all can relate to that :obama:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I kind of agree, he the Puffy version of acting. Personally to me a guy like Fif should have brought in some new professional cat on the low to play Canaan, a hungry Idris Elba type cat. I don't think 50 kills the show or anything like that, but his acting is a little dry at times, it's not the same acting when you might be out on the street vs when you go home to a busload full of women. Canaan doesn't show nearly the range of emotion that Ghost does.

What emotional range is there for him to show? Ghost is being pulled in a million different directions trying to be all things to all people. 50 on the other hand has a pretty straight forward supporting role. I don't think anybody has ever mistaken 50 for Denzel otherwise he would be playing Ghost. He's playing a cunning, dirty, disloyal, manipulative street nikka...I think he can pull that off. :heh:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Wow....Can't even hate on this after running through all 8 episodes today this shyt is one of the best shows on TV

I dont think it's close to being one of the best shows on tv, but it is certainly entertaining and one of the few shows that both me and the wife can sit down and watch together.