Official POWER Book II: GHOST Season 3 Thread

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
You know what? I have too many thoughts this week. I'm bringing back my notes. :blessed:

-Somebody needs to slap Tariq and tell him to keep Ghost's name.....out his fukking mouth. Every episode, he has something to say about him and it's getting old. I knew things had jumped the shark when he went on that whole "Tasha was the brains of the operation" rant, everything after that is just gravy. Why does he still hate Ghost this much? They've seriously removed whatever character development he had in season one. That's why I'm convinced they wrote the first season not knowing if they would get picked up for another one. Literally everything that's happened to Tariq is his fault. It's like part of him knows that, but the other part of him doesn't want to accept responsibility 100%, so it's easier to blame Ghost for everything. Because he's a sociopath, and he chose Tasha as a mentor and guru. What did he think was going to happen when he went down that route? I really need the show to stop going back and forth with this. Tariq didn't need to be in this life. He never had to. He didn't need to sell drugs at Choate or kill Ghost. He's about to get everything Ghost has in a year or so and he still treats him like shyt. I'm bored.

-Big Mama should have had a bigger role in the series. Any time she showed up, she would tell Tariq the truth and remind him of what we all know as the audience. The problem with this show is nobody is grounded in reality. Nobody. Everybody is reckless, stupid, a monster, or some weird combination of the three. There's no Raina or Proctor to keep things level. Someone who speaks as the audience and tells the main characters to stop fukking up. Big Mama could have been that for Tariq.

-That scene with Tariq and Effie had top-notch acting. I was expecting Tariq to either kill her or confront her in a calm way about what happened to Lauren. I didn't expect him to cut her loose and end their relationship. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about that. Tariq, Brayden, and Effie were a great team. If you split them up, Tariq literally has nobody and he goes back to being a bum that will get killed in a week. And we all know what happens to Tariq when he does things on his own. Like Dre said, "You get caught too much, bruh." Tariq seriously went for the gold medal this episode. Went to fukk Diana and woke up the next morning in her bed like "What's up, Effie?" with no shame when Effie came to see Diana. shyt like that is irreparable and reckless as hell. I don't think Tariq knows what he's doing. That's a mission statement for his character, but seriously......why?

-Monet's going to die this season. When you really think about it, her character's becoming more useless over time. She's just there. Cane is already figuring things out and he's becoming smarter every episode. When the truth gets out, she's ending up in a pool of her own blood and the guilt is already eating her alive. She's not making it out of season three without some major repercussions.

-So, Obi and his boys knew that Tariq was trying to run away and had eyes on him the whole time, then confronted him in the train station. But none of them seem to know that there's an impending federal investigation that will implicate everyone in criminal activity. I guess if none of that stopped kingpins like Jason from working with Ghost, why would it stop Noma? These people really want to die at some point, don't they?

-I don't get Saxe anymore. What purpose does he serve? He has all his hands in the cookie jar, playing all sides. First, he tells Lauren that Tariq didn't try to kill her. Now, he's telling her that Tariq is a monster and he deserves to go to jail (true, but still....). At the same time, he's still working for Davis. Jenny doesn't need him. He doesn't realize that and he's going to get himself killed by the time he finally realizes that.

-Most awkward moment in the series: Effie talks about being molested and getting the Sherilyn Guerrero treatment from her mother, and Tariq's like, "Yeah, that's bad. Molesting kids sucks. So, why the fukk did you fukking kill Lauren?!" That's never going to get brought up again, by the way. Ever.

-I'm going to be honest, this episode made me realize that this show has more episodes behind it than ahead of it. They broke up Tariq's crew, the Feds have an entire investigation set up and ready to go, Monet's about to die, the Tejadas are this close to being destroyed forever. Where do they go from here? I mean, they could just put everything back together by the end of the season. Ghost and Tommy tried to kill each other and became best friends again. But what the hell are they going to do in season four? Introduce another bad guy? Have more FBI agents try to put Tariq in jail? Have more graphic sex scenes to open up episodes? Have Tariq go on and on about how he had to stop Ghost and his life is ruined because of Ghost, even though he's the new Ghost? Do you guys have any answers to these questions? I don't.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
@Mike the Executioner

Whew heat

I think the point was to show riq more like ghost than he thinks, his hustle started to help get his mom a lawyer and kept conflating from there, i can understand the character development angle, but i guess they too busy adding more characters to the mix, to walk his character out.

Big momma seemed forced to progress a storyline and as soon as it was over she showed up less, i hate that cliche “oh you gon end up dead if you don’t change your life” a woman that was drunk driving and licking her granddaughter up so she could go out come on son. Riq know the consequences of the life

Riq been a loner but i think he’s just being young fukkin whoever feeling him, and probably cuz he got a trick up his sleeve, he know ol girl vulnerable and gullible, so i feel it’s an angle, effie in her feelings like she ain’t do foul shyt either, twice now, i got a feeling the season will leave us with a two side thing Effie and Cain vs riq and Brayden for the next season

I don’t think monet dies, folks don’t usually come for women like that, but may be Diane trying to get her locked up

This noma story is tiring, she’s all knowing and all world that she knows nikkas moving different come on now, then having them do dumb shyt week after week, I’ll be glad when they off her, but it will be some other new powerful nikka afterwards

Saxe is tiring too, you risking your job and license for riq it can’t be that deep, then you mad she’s not including you in all her investigations like a little kid pouting and stalking,

Effie tried to be vulnerable to change the subject

They will find ways to expand the plot and pull people close and apart

Also when Lauren showed up with a box cutter :mjlol: If he was killing you you think that was going to stop something

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
@Mike the Executioner

Whew heat

I think the point was to show riq more like ghost than he thinks, his hustle started to help get his mom a lawyer and kept conflating from there, i can understand the character development angle, but i guess they too busy adding more characters to the mix, to walk his character out.

Big momma seemed forced to progress a storyline and as soon as it was over she showed up less, i hate that cliche “oh you gon end up dead if you don’t change your life” a woman that was drunk driving and licking her granddaughter up so she could go out come on son. Riq know the consequences of the life

Riq been a loner but i think he’s just being young fukkin whoever feeling him, and probably cuz he got a trick up his sleeve, he know ol girl vulnerable and gullible, so i feel it’s an angle, effie in her feelings like she ain’t do foul shyt either, twice now, i got a feeling the season will leave us with a two side thing Effie and Cain vs riq and Brayden for the next season

I don’t think monet dies, folks don’t usually come for women like that, but may be Diane trying to get her locked up

This noma story is tiring, she’s all knowing and all world that she knows nikkas moving different come on now, then having them do dumb shyt week after week, I’ll be glad when they off her, but it will be some other new powerful nikka afterwards

Saxe is tiring too, you risking your job and license for riq it can’t be that deep, then you mad she’s not including you in all her investigations like a little kid pouting and stalking,

Effie tried to be vulnerable to change the subject

They will find ways to expand the plot and pull people close and apart

Also when Lauren showed up with a box cutter :mjlol: If he was killing you you think that was going to stop something

I feel like what frustrates me the most about Tariq is that I can tell he's getting better. I thought he was irredeemable and they did a good job of making him more sympathetic over time. But when he talks about Ghost like he was this dumb, drunk, abusive monster that never did anything for anybody, it just reminds you that this is the same kid that got Raina killed, or set up Tommy to die, or faked a kidnapping for money. You don't want to keep reminding the audience why they didn't want to watch a Tariq-centered show in the first place, so if all they can say about Ghost is he was worthless, I'd rather they stop mentioning him altogether. Save it for the big moments.

I don't like that they made Big Mama an alcoholic and did nothing with it. They implied it was because Tasha was gone, but they just threw it in as a way to justify Tariq taking Yas away from her. Tariq has no guidance on this show and he desperately needs it. Somebody like Proctor, or since the showrunner from Empire is in charge now, somebody like Thirsty.

Yeah, Tariq is definitely trying to manipulate Diana in his own way. Right now, he needs someone on his side since he cut off Brayden and Effie. We'll see how long that lasts, especially when the Feds start coming after Diana.

I have it in my head that Diana will try to kill Monet, or get her locked up like you said. What they have is abusive and I think Diana's going to go insane when she finds out how Lorenzo died.

Noma's not going to survive much longer. They'll find a way to kill her. They're already working on cutting off her power, so once they do that, she'll have no leverage against them. Tariq at least knows he needs Brayden to survive, so maybe he should do the same with Effie. Make her think everything's good again. Once all three of them get rid of Noma, Tariq cuts them off for good. Take a sledgehammer to their heads and just kill them.

Saxe is just useless in general. He was better off working under Davis. At least he had a better chance of winning something. Now, he's guaranteed to spend the rest of the series losing because as we all know, law enforcement in this show is incompetent.

It was a really weird moment. I thought that would soften Tariq up a little, but he still had the same energy he was going to have if she didn't say that. I wish they never brought that up. You don't just volunteer that kind of information as a character unless you do something about it. Holly was a bytch, but even Tommy killed the guy that molested her.

I think season four should be the last one. Or they at least need to start working towards an ending. Tariq can't spend ten years trying to get his inheritance and telling us that Daddy was evil.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I feel like what frustrates me the most about Tariq is that I can tell he's getting better. I thought he was irredeemable and they did a good job of making him more sympathetic over time. But when he talks about Ghost like he was this dumb, drunk, abusive monster that never did anything for anybody, it just reminds you that this is the same kid that got Raina killed, or set up Tommy to die, or faked a kidnapping for money. You don't want to keep reminding the audience why they didn't want to watch a Tariq-centered show in the first place, so if all they can say about Ghost is he was worthless, I'd rather they stop mentioning him altogether. Save it for the big moments.

I don't like that they made Big Mama an alcoholic and did nothing with it. They implied it was because Tasha was gone, but they just threw it in as a way to justify Tariq taking Yas away from her. Tariq has no guidance on this show and he desperately needs it. Somebody like Proctor, or since the showrunner from Empire is in charge now, somebody like Thirsty.

Yeah, Tariq is definitely trying to manipulate Diana in his own way. Right now, he needs someone on his side since he cut off Brayden and Effie. We'll see how long that lasts, especially when the Feds start coming after Diana.

I have it in my head that Diana will try to kill Monet, or get her locked up like you said. What they have is abusive and I think Diana's going to go insane when she finds out how Lorenzo died.

Noma's not going to survive much longer. They'll find a way to kill her. They're already working on cutting off her power, so once they do that, she'll have no leverage against them. Tariq at least knows he needs Brayden to survive, so maybe he should do the same with Effie. Make her think everything's good again. Once all three of them get rid of Noma, Tariq cuts them off for good. Take a sledgehammer to their heads and just kill them.

Saxe is just useless in general. He was better off working under Davis. At least he had a better chance of winning something. Now, he's guaranteed to spend the rest of the series losing because as we all know, law enforcement in this show is incompetent.

It was a really weird moment. I thought that would soften Tariq up a little, but he still had the same energy he was going to have if she didn't say that. I wish they never brought that up. You don't just volunteer that kind of information as a character unless you do something about it. Holly was a bytch, but even Tommy killed the guy that molested her.

I think season four should be the last one. Or they at least need to start working towards an ending. Tariq can't spend ten years trying to get his inheritance and telling us that Daddy was evil.

I think they will eventually have him realize how much he is ghost, i think it’s coming,but you right it’s like riq is choosing to remember things differently than reality, it’s true nikkas was sick of riq they got him Teflon now

I guess they have him learning on the run than a mentor

Big momma was a vessel to move the story early and because Tasha not really on it they lost the use for her

He reconciled with Brayden i suspect he will get back to Effie cuz he loves her despite her stinging him (like Angela)

Diane and monet relationship is strained it will come to a head not sure when but not soon especially with the cops catching her on camera

Noma need to go, I’m tired of her shyt and ol boy

We agree on sax

Nah he not soft for anyone but lauren and i think he has a slight one for Effie but like i said it’s Diane’s turn til it’s Effie

They can always transition into life post school as he tries to build his empire and moving in and out the life

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
You know what? I have too many thoughts this week. I'm bringing back my notes. :blessed:

-Somebody needs to slap Tariq and tell him to keep Ghost's name.....out his fukking mouth. Every episode, he has something to say about him and it's getting old. I knew things had jumped the shark when he went on that whole "Tasha was the brains of the operation" rant, everything after that is just gravy. Why does he still hate Ghost this much? They've seriously removed whatever character development he had in season one. That's why I'm convinced they wrote the first season not knowing if they would get picked up for another one. Literally everything that's happened to Tariq is his fault. It's like part of him knows that, but the other part of him doesn't want to accept responsibility 100%, so it's easier to blame Ghost for everything. Because he's a sociopath, and he chose Tasha as a mentor and guru. What did he think was going to happen when he went down that route? I really need the show to stop going back and forth with this. Tariq didn't need to be in this life. He never had to. He didn't need to sell drugs at Choate or kill Ghost. He's about to get everything Ghost has in a year or so and he still treats him like shyt. I'm bored.

-Big Mama should have had a bigger role in the series. Any time she showed up, she would tell Tariq the truth and remind him of what we all know as the audience. The problem with this show is nobody is grounded in reality. Nobody. Everybody is reckless, stupid, a monster, or some weird combination of the three. There's no Raina or Proctor to keep things level. Someone who speaks as the audience and tells the main characters to stop fukking up. Big Mama could have been that for Tariq.

-That scene with Tariq and Effie had top-notch acting. I was expecting Tariq to either kill her or confront her in a calm way about what happened to Lauren. I didn't expect him to cut her loose and end their relationship. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about that. Tariq, Brayden, and Effie were a great team. If you split them up, Tariq literally has nobody and he goes back to being a bum that will get killed in a week. And we all know what happens to Tariq when he does things on his own. Like Dre said, "You get caught too much, bruh." Tariq seriously went for the gold medal this episode. Went to fukk Diana and woke up the next morning in her bed like "What's up, Effie?" with no shame when Effie came to see Diana. shyt like that is irreparable and reckless as hell. I don't think Tariq knows what he's doing. That's a mission statement for his character, but seriously......why?

-Monet's going to die this season. When you really think about it, her character's becoming more useless over time. She's just there. Cane is already figuring things out and he's becoming smarter every episode. When the truth gets out, she's ending up in a pool of her own blood and the guilt is already eating her alive. She's not making it out of season three without some major repercussions.

-So, Obi and his boys knew that Tariq was trying to run away and had eyes on him the whole time, then confronted him in the train station. But none of them seem to know that there's an impending federal investigation that will implicate everyone in criminal activity. I guess if none of that stopped kingpins like Jason from working with Ghost, why would it stop Noma? These people really want to die at some point, don't they?

-I don't get Saxe anymore. What purpose does he serve? He has all his hands in the cookie jar, playing all sides. First, he tells Lauren that Tariq didn't try to kill her. Now, he's telling her that Tariq is a monster and he deserves to go to jail (true, but still....). At the same time, he's still working for Davis. Jenny doesn't need him. He doesn't realize that and he's going to get himself killed by the time he finally realizes that.

-Most awkward moment in the series: Effie talks about being molested and getting the Sherilyn Guerrero treatment from her mother, and Tariq's like, "Yeah, that's bad. Molesting kids sucks. So, why the fukk did you fukking kill Lauren?!" That's never going to get brought up again, by the way. Ever.

-I'm going to be honest, this episode made me realize that this show has more episodes behind it than ahead of it. They broke up Tariq's crew, the Feds have an entire investigation set up and ready to go, Monet's about to die, the Tejadas are this close to being destroyed forever. Where do they go from here? I mean, they could just put everything back together by the end of the season. Ghost and Tommy tried to kill each other and became best friends again. But what the hell are they going to do in season four? Introduce another bad guy? Have more FBI agents try to put Tariq in jail? Have more graphic sex scenes to open up episodes? Have Tariq go on and on about how he had to stop Ghost and his life is ruined because of Ghost, even though he's the new Ghost? Do you guys have any answers to these questions? I don't.

notes byke :blessed:

I've said it before the best thing this show could do is fast forward a few years hell maybe even 5. All these actors are already in their 20s anyways. You can end the season with a big bust and the tejadas being round up and sentenced to mega prison terms. Thus writing them out because they are worthless anyways now. Then you can start the new season like 5 years from now and tariq is running truth and now out of the drug game but his past still haunts him and the game draws him back just like it did his pops.

Last edited:

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Streets saying Effie gonna get snatched by them people. tender dikk/sucker for Love tariq gonna wear a wire and trap Effiie to clear his name and prove to Lauren his "innocence". Dru gonna send Gordo home. Goofy TA gonna dime out out Diana for bussin traps on campus,

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This “Power” nikka….you gotta remember. The new show runner is the same person who ran “Empire” for all them seasons.

They gonna find a way :russ:

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
This “Power” nikka….you gotta remember. The new show runner is the same person who ran “Empire” for all them seasons.

They gonna find a way :russ:

Man, that's what made Empire worse every season. They should have wrapped that show up after season three at least. :dead:

All they could do was have a million storylines about (insert dumbass here) trying to take over Empire. Lucious loves Empire, he hates Empire. He loves Cookie, he hates Cookie. He loves his sons, he hates his sons. Andre has a mental breakdown every season. People work on albums that never come out, just a bunch of singles. Did they even finish that Empire 20 for 20? Federal agents looking into Lucious like it's.......Power. :dead:

Power and Empire shamelessly ripped each other off to stay fresh now that I think about it. :russ: