Official POWER Book II: GHOST Season 3 Thread

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
:heh: Who is this new nikka at Lorenzo's funeral reception that's trying to smash Monet?
the-wood.gif

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

ITS BEEN PROVEN MULTIPLE
TIMES THIS WOMAN IS
IN HER LATE 30S YET EVERY SEASON
WE HAVE nikkaS POSTING shyt
LIKE THIS.

:devil:
:evil:

She could still get the pipe with her grown ass but she’s mos def pushing 40 but hanging with younger people on the show. Nothing wrong with that. Lauren is like 31 but just looks young.

If anything, Tariq and Brayden still look like kids so it’s hard to take some of their fukkery seriously.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You know what? I have too many thoughts this week. I'm bringing back my notes. :blessed:

-Somebody needs to slap Tariq and tell him to keep Ghost's name.....out his fukking mouth. Every episode, he has something to say about him and it's getting old. I knew things had jumped the shark when he went on that whole "Tasha was the brains of the operation" rant, everything after that is just gravy. Why does he still hate Ghost this much? They've seriously removed whatever character development he had in season one. That's why I'm convinced they wrote the first season not knowing if they would get picked up for another one. Literally everything that's happened to Tariq is his fault. It's like part of him knows that, but the other part of him doesn't want to accept responsibility 100%, so it's easier to blame Ghost for everything. Because he's a sociopath, and he chose Tasha as a mentor and guru. What did he think was going to happen when he went down that route? I really need the show to stop going back and forth with this. Tariq didn't need to be in this life. He never had to. He didn't need to sell drugs at Choate or kill Ghost. He's about to get everything Ghost has in a year or so and he still treats him like shyt. I'm bored.

-

This is who Tariq's character is. :yeshrug: He's not a good dude. He berates people for lying but that's exactly all he does. He constantly throws his friends under the bus and puts them in life threatening predicaments. He's not an anti-hero like Ghost was, but in a sense he is like Ghost. He'll do whatever's necessary for him to come out on top of the situation. Where he differs from Ghost is that he doesn't give a fukk about anyone succeeding but himself. He's 100% a heel. And a great heel always has some bullshyt explanation for why they do what they do, even if they know deep down that they're wrong. He does all kind of foul stuff to people, stuff he doesn't even have to do, but it's only wrong and dishonorable when something happens to him. That's sociopathic shyt.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
This is who Tariq's character is. :yeshrug: He's not a good dude. He berates people for lying but that's exactly all he does. He constantly throws his friends under the bus and puts them in life threatening predicaments. He's not an anti-hero like Ghost was, but in a sense he is like Ghost. He'll do whatever's necessary for him to come out on top of the situation. Where he differs from Ghost is that he doesn't give a fukk about anyone succeeding but himself. He's 100% a heel. And a great heel always has some bullshyt explanation for why they do what they do, even if they know deep down that they're wrong. He does all kind of foul stuff to people, stuff he doesn't even have to do, but it's only wrong and dishonorable when something happens to him. That's sociopathic shyt.

This is a beautiful way to describe it. Tariq is one of the greatest heels in television history, but Vince keeps booking him like a face.

In the original series, Tariq was nuttier than a squirrel's intestines. He was on planets that hadn't even been discovered yet, but the show kept making excuses for him and villainizing Ghost when all he did was try and help Tariq stop being a weirdo. And what happens next? He gets killed because Tariq expected him to take the weight for something he didn't do, when the night before, Tariq disowned him as a father and threatened to kill him. When he found out he wouldn't get his inheritance until he finished college, he got upset because Ghost was still controlling his life. How do you kill your father then expect to get a reward immediately after?

Like I said before, Book II has done a better job in making Tariq less of a piece of shyt. He at least does more things that everyday humans do. But at the end of the day, deep down inside, he's still a box of Froot Loops. An episode of Looney Tunes, and not even the good Looney Tunes. The racist Looney Tunes they had to put disclaimers in front of before airing it to people. I always thought he should have been the main antagonist to Ghost, but the show didn't agree with me. Even though a couple years ago, he was a few toppings short of a meat lover's pizza.

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
Having Dianna and Effie attached to the school set has no bearing to moving the plot forward. I suppose it’s easier having them there because most of the A and B plots are either at the school set. However, it’s just lazy writing and way too convenient. “Stansfield” is supposed to be this Ivy League school, according to the show’s lore. Everybody and they damn mammy can get into the damned school. I won’t be surprised if Kanan and Jukebox attend next season by way of a Time Machine taking them from the 90’s to present day

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know what? I have too many thoughts this week. I'm bringing back my notes. :blessed:

-Somebody needs to slap Tariq and tell him to keep Ghost's name.....out his fukking mouth. Every episode, he has something to say about him and it's getting old. I knew things had jumped the shark when he went on that whole "Tasha was the brains of the operation" rant, everything after that is just gravy. Why does he still hate Ghost this much? They've seriously removed whatever character development he had in season one. That's why I'm convinced they wrote the first season not knowing if they would get picked up for another one. Literally everything that's happened to Tariq is his fault. It's like part of him knows that, but the other part of him doesn't want to accept responsibility 100%, so it's easier to blame Ghost for everything. Because he's a sociopath, and he chose Tasha as a mentor and guru. What did he think was going to happen when he went down that route? I really need the show to stop going back and forth with this. Tariq didn't need to be in this life. He never had to. He didn't need to sell drugs at Choate or kill Ghost. He's about to get everything Ghost has in a year or so and he still treats him like shyt. I'm bored.

-Big Mama should have had a bigger role in the series. Any time she showed up, she would tell Tariq the truth and remind him of what we all know as the audience. The problem with this show is nobody is grounded in reality. Nobody. Everybody is reckless, stupid, a monster, or some weird combination of the three. There's no Raina or Proctor to keep things level. Someone who speaks as the audience and tells the main characters to stop fukking up. Big Mama could have been that for Tariq.

-That scene with Tariq and Effie had top-notch acting. I was expecting Tariq to either kill her or confront her in a calm way about what happened to Lauren. I didn't expect him to cut her loose and end their relationship. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about that. Tariq, Brayden, and Effie were a great team. If you split them up, Tariq literally has nobody and he goes back to being a bum that will get killed in a week. And we all know what happens to Tariq when he does things on his own. Like Dre said, "You get caught too much, bruh." Tariq seriously went for the gold medal this episode. Went to fukk Diana and woke up the next morning in her bed like "What's up, Effie?" with no shame when Effie came to see Diana. shyt like that is irreparable and reckless as hell. I don't think Tariq knows what he's doing. That's a mission statement for his character, but seriously......why?

-Monet's going to die this season. When you really think about it, her character's becoming more useless over time. She's just there. Cane is already figuring things out and he's becoming smarter every episode. When the truth gets out, she's ending up in a pool of her own blood and the guilt is already eating her alive. She's not making it out of season three without some major repercussions.

-So, Obi and his boys knew that Tariq was trying to run away and had eyes on him the whole time, then confronted him in the train station. But none of them seem to know that there's an impending federal investigation that will implicate everyone in criminal activity. I guess if none of that stopped kingpins like Jason from working with Ghost, why would it stop Noma? These people really want to die at some point, don't they?

-I don't get Saxe anymore. What purpose does he serve? He has all his hands in the cookie jar, playing all sides. First, he tells Lauren that Tariq didn't try to kill her. Now, he's telling her that Tariq is a monster and he deserves to go to jail (true, but still....). At the same time, he's still working for Davis. Jenny doesn't need him. He doesn't realize that and he's going to get himself killed by the time he finally realizes that.

-Most awkward moment in the series: Effie talks about being molested and getting the Sherilyn Guerrero treatment from her mother, and Tariq's like, "Yeah, that's bad. Molesting kids sucks. So, why the fukk did you fukking kill Lauren?!" That's never going to get brought up again, by the way. Ever.

-I'm going to be honest, this episode made me realize that this show has more episodes behind it than ahead of it. They broke up Tariq's crew, the Feds have an entire investigation set up and ready to go, Monet's about to die, the Tejadas are this close to being destroyed forever. Where do they go from here? I mean, they could just put everything back together by the end of the season. Ghost and Tommy tried to kill each other and became best friends again. But what the hell are they going to do in season four? Introduce another bad guy? Have more FBI agents try to put Tariq in jail? Have more graphic sex scenes to open up episodes? Have Tariq go on and on about how he had to stop Ghost and his life is ruined because of Ghost, even though he's the new Ghost? Do you guys have any answers to these questions? I don't.
He hates Ghost because he was a lying sack of shyt who only cares about himself. Tariq lacks the awareness to know they are one in the same.

no opinion.

He got a whole army of people in his pocket. He don't need B or Effie.

I don't see Monet dying. No reason for her to die.

They had Mecca, they probably got somebody else to "rat" to save their asses.

Saxe is a quota hire.

Wasn't that awkward. I've been in situations like that. Yeah, Yeah, fucck all that, why'd you do blah blah blah.

How bout the introduce a good guy because ain't a good character in the power universe . Tariq is gonna manipulate everyone and have them all back together. We all know teh fed charges ain't sticking.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

-Big Mama should have had a bigger role in the series. Any time she showed up, she would tell Tariq the truth and remind him of what we all know as the audience. The problem with this show is nobody is grounded in reality. Nobody. Everybody is reckless, stupid, a monster, or some weird combination of the three. There's no Raina or Proctor to keep things level. Someone who speaks as the audience and tells the main characters to stop fukking up. Big Mama could have been that for Tariq.

-That scene with Tariq and Effie had top-notch acting. I was expecting Tariq to either kill her or confront her in a calm way about what happened to Lauren. I didn't expect him to cut her loose and end their relationship. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about that. Tariq, Brayden, and Effie were a great team. If you split them up, Tariq literally has nobody and he goes back to being a bum that will get killed in a week. And we all know what happens to Tariq when he does things on his own. Like Dre said, "You get caught too much, bruh." Tariq seriously went for the gold medal this episode. Went to fukk Diana and woke up the next morning in her bed like "What's up, Effie?" with no shame when Effie came to see Diana. shyt like that is irreparable and reckless as hell. I don't think Tariq knows what he's doing. That's a mission statement for his character, but seriously......why?

-Monet's going to die this season. When you really think about it, her character's becoming more useless over time. She's just there. Cane is already figuring things out and he's becoming smarter every episode. When the truth gets out, she's ending up in a pool of her own blood and the guilt is already eating her alive. She's not making it out of season three without some major repercussions.

-So, Obi and his boys knew that Tariq was trying to run away and had eyes on him the whole time, then confronted him in the train station. But none of them seem to know that there's an impending federal investigation that will implicate everyone in criminal activity. I guess if none of that stopped kingpins like Jason from working with Ghost, why would it stop Noma? These people really want to die at some point, don't they?

-I don't get Saxe anymore. What purpose does he serve? He has all his hands in the cookie jar, playing all sides. First, he tells Lauren that Tariq didn't try to kill her. Now, he's telling her that Tariq is a monster and he deserves to go to jail (true, but still....). At the same time, he's still working for Davis. Jenny doesn't need him. He doesn't realize that and he's going to get himself killed by the time he finally realizes that.

-Most awkward moment in the series: Effie talks about being molested and getting the Sherilyn Guerrero treatment from her mother, and Tariq's like, "Yeah, that's bad. Molesting kids sucks. So, why the fukk did you fukking kill Lauren?!" That's never going to get brought up again, by the way. Ever.

-I'm going to be honest, this episode made me realize that this show has more episodes behind it than ahead of it. They broke up Tariq's crew, the Feds have an entire investigation set up and ready to go, Monet's about to die, the Tejadas are this close to being destroyed forever. Where do they go from here? I mean, they could just put everything back together by the end of the season. Ghost and Tommy tried to kill each other and became best friends again. But what the hell are they going to do in season four? Introduce another bad guy? Have more FBI agents try to put Tariq in jail? Have more graphic sex scenes to open up episodes? Have Tariq go on and on about how he had to stop Ghost and his life is ruined because of Ghost, even though he's the new Ghost? Do you guys have any answers to these questions? I don't.
Monet isn't going to die, but she's likely going to be the one that ends up taking the fall for all of these bodies especially since Saxe tipped off Jenny about Whitman's file and now them having evidence against Diana. Now whether Diana ends turning on Monet to save herself or what, that remains to be seen. I still do think that Diana will be the one to either kill her or get her locked up with the emphasis they keep talking about in her wanting no part of game. That sets the stage for Dru vs Cane for next season with Diana in the middle of it.

With that being said, Michael Ealy is coming in next season as lead law enforcement so either Monet or Norma is going to live and carry over the storyline into next season IMO. I wouldn't necessarily mind it as the one off villain's every season isn't working for the show anymore.

In the case of someone like Saxe, there's really no where for him to go other than death as it's been fired already on multiple occasions and he isn't law enforcement anymore and we've seen the law enforcement side of things take L's at every turn. Kill Saxe off, move Blanca to Force and get Jenny sent off elsewhere and soft reboot it for the next season.

I've mentioned before, but there's going to have to be a time skip at some point as endgame for the show or we see Tariq get either killed or locked up at a young age as I don't see this show going past season 5 or 6.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I think they will eventually have him realize how much he is ghost, i think it’s coming,but you right it’s like riq is choosing to remember things differently than reality, it’s true nikkas was sick of riq they got him Teflon now

I guess they have him learning on the run than a mentor

Big momma was a vessel to move the story early and because Tasha not really on it they lost the use for her

He reconciled with Brayden i suspect he will get back to Effie cuz he loves her despite her stinging him (like Angela)

Diane and monet relationship is strained it will come to a head not sure when but not soon especially with the cops catching her on camera

Noma need to go, I’m tired of her shyt and ol boy

We agree on sax

Nah he not soft for anyone but lauren and i think he has a slight one for Effie but like i said it’s Diane’s turn til it’s Effie

They can always transition into life post school as he tries to build his empire and moving in and out the life

THAT nikka AINT
shyt LIKE GHOST

:devil:
:evil: