Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 2 Thread

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Damn. In record time, everybody hates this show now. :dead:

The one thing bothering me so far is the non-endings. Feels like the first two episodes just stopped and there was nothing to indicate they were over.

Zeke is the worst casting on the show. Just very unconvincing. Dude looks like he’s 30 year old. Dude wants to go to the nba yet a 40 year old Okafor looked to be in significantly better shape

that first episode is one of the worst power episodes I’ve ever seen. It has me reevaluating if I should continue the season or just hold off until all the episodes drop.

Power has been suffering from this since season five at least. The writers are rusty as hell the first couple episodes, then halfway through the season, it becomes appointment TV again. I don't know why they haven't solved this problem, because it's bled into the whole universe (didn't finish watching Raising Kanan, but based off the comments here, it also needed time to get locked in).

I would say to hold off watching the next couple episodes and binge them. If things improve, go back to watching each week. If they don't, wait until the season's over and then decide on whether or not season three is worth watching.

Yeah she said it on Live last week. Courtney isn't writing the show anymore, but this is basically her show now creatively. 50 is running Rasing Kanan & Force, he doesn't promote this show anymore unless he has too if you notice.

I thought there was a mistake, but apparently, Courtney's really not on the show anymore. She's still an executive producer, but she's not managing the show day-to-day like before?

I swear, I hope the new showrunner isn't from Empire. That's one of the reasons Power fell off because it was trying to be more like Empire (scenes that barely make any logical sense, Ghost being treated like Satan and Hitler by every character, rushing through plots/forgetting things that were already established).

Cane stealing his own family's product is too over the top IMO

Cane's going to get himself killed doing things like this. And he has the nerve to be worried about Tariq? :snoop:

If Mecca is the new connect and he has the Tejadas' drugs now, aren't they going to figure out they're being sold their own product? It will be like when Vincent showed Tommy the drugs Tariq stole from Tommy's warehouse and Tommy was like :mjtf: because he knew he was being ripped off.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Cane's going to get himself killed doing things like this. And he has the nerve to be worried about Tariq? :snoop:

If Mecca is the new connect and he has the Tejadas' drugs now, aren't they going to figure out they're being sold their own product? It will be like when Vincent showed Tommy the drugs Tariq stole from Tommy's warehouse and Tommy was like :mjtf: because he knew he was being ripped off.
Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't notice. Monet is in way over her head and ain’t doing shyt but practicing looking hard in the mirror and stringing her kids along for the ride :heh:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
yeah, one of the worst plots

a fukkin trust fund kid like that is risking 10 years in prison to sell drugs with tariq :mjlol: hed have to be a stone cold retard

kid just got his ass whooped in the last episode.

its totally not worth it. he should just be cool with tariq, but not in the business and smashing hoes and enjoy being rich.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't notice. Monet is in way over her head and ain’t doing shyt but practicing looking hard in the mirror and stringing her kids along for the ride :heh:

Monet damn near has dementia when she sees an old red Camaro driving by playing New Edition

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
and speaking of brayden getting his ass whooped, ever notice how tariq NEVER takes an L, but EVERYONE he associates with takes a multitude of L's?

Tariq’s Ls are very minor and literally everyone needs shyt from him so he will never fail:

- Monet needs him to move product
- Yas gonna be a foster kid without him
- Davis is happy to take his dirty money
- Brayden feels unimportant if they aren’t selling
- Diana/Effie/Lauren all want to be his chick
- Cane would be dead right now without him
- Zeke needs him to do his homework
- Stern’s gay lover needs him for the app
- Tasha is free because he got her lawyer
- Stansfield is getting high off of drugs he sells

breh barely got time of his own to clap some cheeks :francis:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
kid just got his ass whooped in the last episode.

its totally not worth it. he should just be cool with tariq, but not in the business and smashing hoes and enjoy being rich.

He's walking, talking white privilege. The average cac who wants to walk on the wild side. If he ever gets caught all he has to do is cry and play the misguided good little Johnny who was just badly influenced and his rich, powerful white family and the system will ensure he doesn't do a second jail time.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Damn. In record time, everybody hates this show now. :dead:

The one thing bothering me so far is the non-endings. Feels like the first two episodes just stopped and there was nothing to indicate they were over.

Power has been suffering from this since season five at least. The writers are rusty as hell the first couple episodes, then halfway through the season, it becomes appointment TV again. I don't know why they haven't solved this problem, because it's bled into the whole universe (didn't finish watching Raising Kanan, but based off the comments here, it also needed time to get locked in).

I would say to hold off watching the next couple episodes and binge them. If things improve, go back to watching each week. If they don't, wait until the season's over and then decide on whether or not season three is worth watching.

I thought there was a mistake, but apparently, Courtney's really not on the show anymore. She's still an executive producer, but she's not managing the show day-to-day like before?

I swear, I hope the new showrunner isn't from Empire. That's one of the reasons Power fell off because it was trying to be more like Empire (scenes that barely make any logical sense, Ghost being treated like Satan and Hitler by every character, rushing through plots/forgetting things that were already established).

As far we know, none of the Tejada family is getting high on their own supply, so all they have to do is just repackage the product. Hopefully the writers wouldn't be dumb enough to keep the product in the exact same packaging, but I wouldn't put it past them to do so.

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
As far we know, none of the Tejada family is getting high on their own supply, so all they have to do is just repackage the product. Hopefully the writers wouldn't be dumb enough to keep the product in the exact same packaging, but I wouldn't put it past them to do so.

I could definitely see them doing that. And Diana figured everything out after two conversations, so it's only a matter of time before Cane ends up getting thrown out of the family again. :francis: