Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 2 Thread

Daps
One thing I will say is we need a season without the court room. This season wasnt as taxing as Ghosts trial, but give Riq a runway to do his dirt freely. Now he is wrapped up in this Mecca shyt. How many cases he gotta beat before turning 21?

Not a 1 to 1 parallel but what made Ghost Ghost was that he was clean. Tariq is dirty as fukk why they name the show Ghost. Hahah

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
This finale was beyond ass. I don't even know where to begin.

• Monet: Tariq, we're not going to kill Lorenzo, we're going to kill Mecca. But to do that, I need Caine to actually try to kill his pops, because I can't have the two of you just go to the spot and kill Mecca's men, that wouldn't work.
  • Tariq: I got my sister killed, tried to get my uncle killed, and killed my father killed to be a drug dealer. But now that murder charges just got dropped against me, I want out the game...like my father. But I need money and power to see my mother and sister again, instead of just joining witness protection. So Im gonna continue to be a drug dealer...instead of graduating college and getting my inheritance and reuniting with my family. Cause that's something my bytch ass pops would do...and I aint like that nikka.
  • Tasha: People are trying to kill me, so I need to be in witness protection. Just me though, my children will be safer being readily identifiable and easily accessible. But Ill take Yas now that a year or two has passed, and wait for Tariq after he becomes the biggest damn drug dealer in Stansfield.
  • Lorenzo: Even though noone told me where Mecca's plane was, I'll find it and kill that nikka before he take off with my family.
  • Brayden: Im going to admit in court to being the head of a drug dealing organization that could implicate RICO and walk out without a talking to because...Im a Weston.
  • Courtney Kemp: Monet can shoot someone in a luxury high rise with no silencer, and the police will be none the wiser, even though the shooter was staying there and her fingerprints are everywhere.
  • Also Courtney Kemp: Tariq wasnt actually responsible for Ghost's death, it was Mecca, cause if Mecca didn't snitch on Lobos, then who knows what would've happened...so stop hating on Tariq.
If I wasnt 8 seasons deep, I'd pull a Tre and hop out the car. This shyt has given me no motivation to watch Season 3.

Yeah they ended this season soooooooo corny.

Getting rid of Mecca and Zeke provides a worthless segue to look forward to a new season. If Monet, Kane, Lorenzo, Tariq, Diana and Dru are not all arrested first ep next season :scust:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
For some reason we’ve gotten to the point that shows believe that if you kill off a few characters that makes for a satisfying finale but that is not the case here. They really could end the show right here and I’d be cool with that. I can’t think of anything in particular I’m looking forward to next season

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
In the first few minutes of the episode when Davis tells Tariq that he just beat a case, has money waiting for him after he graduates, and is in the clear to have a good life and reunite with his sister after having more money and power. He says naw fukk that, I won’t do nothing my pops wanted me to do. This kind of logic is what stops this show from being bigger.

Then in the closing minutes he realizes he needs money and power to be with his family. It’s like this show is so unnecessary, Tariq doesn’t need to do this shyt and why would I want to root for someone who is basically choosing to be in the bullshyt just to spite his pops who has done nothing wrong to the little knucklehead?

the show is overall entertaining but it’s not for the same reasons I’m sure they intended.

Lastly killing Mecca was weak, and premature and he should have got away and periodically reappeared after a while. He would have gave the show a big bad and considering they found out about him in all of two episodes his death was super anti climatic

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Nope and Jenny’s reaction was a clear giveaway as she was obviously putting a front to get information from Saxe. You could tell by how she kept looking at him during the conversation trying to bait him.

Either Effie is a snitch and in on it too or her plan failed and she should have just shot her instead, although I’m guessing she’s never shot a gun before as well.
This is power we are talking about, not the wire or snow fall. The writers aren’t that smart, they don’t plan shyt that far out. Each season is its own contained soap opera, the only reason they did Lauren like that was to build up some suspense and to give Tariq a motive to eventually figure out who did it and to possibly create a new villain for him next season. It’s like Batman and cat woman with them two. It’s not that deep
Nothing worse than a$$holes who post fukking spoilers in the titles for their youtube videos not even 10 seconds after the show is ended. :francis:

I approve of this message!

Youtube will go out if there way to demonize you for mentioning silly shyt like Covid but they don’t punish people that actually do fukk shyt and ruin it for so many people. Like why can’t their algorithm figure out how to stop suggesting “reviews and recaps” from people I don’t even follow? Video game companies put out review embargo’s but these studios can’t do the same for shows? Idk it feels like simple problem that should have been fixed by now

dblive

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
Why would a federal informant just have his paperwork laying out willy nilly in a bag for anyone to find? How are trained mercenaries losing gun fights to teenagers? 3/4 people associated with a single college die and no one goes to jail? Throw the whole season away

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
brayden the goat white friend since greg anderson :wow:

licensed-image

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Wasn't really satisfied with the finale

Mecca who was supposed to be this special ops trained paramilitary arms and drugs dealer cold blooded killer is killed because he had this undying love for some chick he ain't see since 16. Earlier in the thread it was believed the tejadas had no shot going up against mecca and his specially trained force they reduced him to being brought down by his high school sweetheart and a new jack in the game smh.

Sucka for love :stopitslime: :stopitslime: sucka for love

Cane saving dru was honestly just weak and dumb

Kinda expected zeke to get killed

Outside of that episode was ok I guess.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This is power we are talking about, not the wire or snow fall. The writers aren’t that smart, they don’t plan shyt that far out. Each season is its own contained soap opera, the only reason they did Lauren like that was to build up some suspense and to give Tariq a motive to eventually figure out who did it and to possibly create a new villain for him next season. It’s like Batman and cat woman with them two. It’s not that deep

This upcoming storyline isn't new though as they did in OG Power 5 where tried tying all of the bodies and crime happenings to a group of people. That's obviously what's going to happen this go around as the pieces and the connections are all there to do so.

Hopefully people will actually end up in jail this time and they don't bungle the storyline like they've pretty much done with the whole law and legal side of things this entire series.