Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DEADLINE: There was a fight after the death of LaKeisha (played by La La Anthony on Power) …

KEMP: Tommy came into Tasha’s house, and put her on her knees, and put a gun in her face. He came there to kill her because she killed LaKeisha. So, it’s not like she owes him anything at this point. Also, he’s not around. She knows he’s gone, and so, it’s a safe bet.

DEADLINE: As well as being a decent alibi for the moment, naming Tommy is also a great interconnected way to give life to a character we don’t see here and who is moving into his own series Force…

KEMP: Exactly, because what happens here, there’s an answer for later in the season.

Tommy is most definitely making a return at the end of this season. She gave away which episodes had a big death in 1 of these Deadline interviews for season 6 last year too..... now who Tommy kills is the question

King Poetic

No Mercy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
1....So the professor fukking both bytches in his office Raw:mjlol:

2. Tariq shows up to class every time late and each time the professors call him out...

3. The sex addict counselor broad only calls and check on Tariq , when there’s like thousands more students :stopitslime:

4. Ghost gets killed on the last season of power, but his funeral isn’t until Tariq is in college :mjlol:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
1....So the professor fukking both bytches in his office Raw:mjlol:

2. Tariq shows up to class every time late and each time the professors call him out...

3. The sex addict counselor broad only calls and check on Tariq , when there’s like thousands more students :stopitslime:

4. Ghost gets killed on the last season of power, but his funeral isn’t until Tariq is in college :mjlol:

apparently this takes place like the day after power ends and apparently tariq was scheduled to go to college despite the stuff going on with his pops.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
How is this show brehs? I said I wouldn’t watch the spinoffs but it’s not much on

Honestly, it's better than it has any right to be. The quality is at least higher than the last season of Power, and they're actually trying to give the characters motivations for the things they're doing. Like with Tariq, they're finally having him do things for legitimate reasons instead of having him act out with no payoff. As much as I hate to admit it, he's not nearly as unbearable as he was in Power.

There are things that don't make a lot of sense (In real life, Tariq would have been kicked out of Canonical Studies at this point, Saxe still getting cases, the Tejadas apparently not knowing much about Ghost's operation), but I haven't seen anything as over-the-top or offensive as some of the things Power did. Plus, there's room to develop the new characters. The show definitely has potential, which is something I wouldn't have imagined myself saying earlier this year.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, it's better than it has any right to be. The quality is at least higher than the last season of Power, and they're actually trying to give the characters motivations for the things they're doing. Like with Tariq, they're finally having him do things for legitimate reasons instead of having him act out with no payoff. As much as I hate to admit it, he's not nearly as unbearable as he was in Power.

There are things that don't make a lot of sense (In real life, Tariq would have been kicked out of Canonical Studies at this point, Saxe still getting cases, the Tejadas apparently not knowing much about Ghost's operation), but I haven't seen anything as over-the-top or offensive as some of the things Power did. Plus, there's room to develop the new characters. The show definitely has potential, which is something I wouldn't have imagined myself saying earlier this year.

Thanks for the in-depth review. I think I'm just going to let the episodes pile up then binge.