Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly don't get the high reviews and how so many of y'all liked this series premiere and were some of the main ones who were trashing all of season 6.

Tariq is late
Tariq runs
Tariq has to read a book
Tariq meets new people
Tariq meets old people
Tariq wants mommy out of jail
Tariq runs
Tariq in possible love triangle
Tariq gets mommy a lawyer

The end.

How does this episode equate to greatness and hold ones interest for the rest of the season? It felt like a chore to get thru the episode. Method Man feels like he's just playing Method Man in a suit. Mary is just a new Jukebox. And ol boy who's name I don't remember is supposed to be a Kanan-esque character? It all just feels like Power: The Great Value version.

I thought it was good, nothing great, but that’s more than I was expecting, but for me...the writing wasn’t fukking ridiculous and non-sensical like the last 2 seasons of power were, were there bits that were a lil farfetched? Sure, but it was nice to see Power looking a bit “grounded” for the first time in a long time, like the first couple years, compared to the GTA Esque bullshyt that recent Power and also Sons of Anarchy descended into..

but, it’s just the first episode, Its still early

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I thought it was good, nothing great, but that’s more than I was expecting, but for me...the writing wasn’t fukking ridiculous and non-sensical like the last 2 seasons of power were, were there bits that were a lil farfetched? Sure, but it was nice to see Power looking a bit “grounded” for the first time in a long time, like the first couple years, compared to the GTA Esque bullshyt that recent Power and also Sons of Anarchy descended into..

but, it’s just the first episode, Its still early
Agree. I'd give the debut a B-, nothing spectacular, but no where near the D- the latter seasons of Power were

LuckyLibra619

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
Good first episode :ehh:

Honestly they shoulda had one of Ghost's enemies be the one to kill him. Tariq's motivations for killing his pops will always be some bullshyt. If one of Ghost's rivals had taken him out (Or if Ghost woulda gotten locked up) it woulda been way easier to make this spinoff imo. How you kill your pops cuz he had a side chick? How you kill your pops because he ain't wanna take the fall for a murder you committed? :what:
I felt myself rooting for Tariq when I watched this last episode but then I kept remembering breh killed his pops over some dumb shyt :francis:

Yo something else, like why isn't Saxe even considering the fact that Tariq could've killed Ghost? Like damn this mawfukka still ain't even close to putting 2 +2 together?:wtf:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Good first episode in my opinion. Hopefully it keeps me entertained as i'm willing to give it a chance without judging it to harshly by comparing it to the og Power.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
This was a good first episode that showed at least to me that a show with Tariq is something i'm actually interested in at the moment. With the MJB and her family and there story that helps to as far as having another storyline to focus on too. I think this will hold my attention especially if it's only a one season type deal with all of the spinoffs.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Good first episode :ehh:

Honestly they shoulda had one of Ghost's enemies be the one to kill him. Tariq's motivations for killing his pops will always be some bullshyt. If one of Ghost's rivals had taken him out (Or if Ghost woulda gotten locked up) it woulda been way easier to make this spinoff imo. How you kill your pops cuz he had a side chick? How you kill your pops because he ain't wanna take the fall for a murder you committed? :what:
I felt myself rooting for Tariq when I watched this last episode but then I kept remembering breh killed his pops over some dumb shyt :francis:

Yo something else, like why isn't Saxe even considering the fact that Tariq could've killed Ghost? Like damn this mawfukka still ain't even close to putting 2 +2 together?:wtf:

I'm more upset that Tasha got herself free and clear and at the last second, roped herself back in. Just the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Part of me says she deserves that sentence she got. :ehh: