Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Only spinoff i care about is that Proctor spinoff.
tenor.gif

:gucci:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ll take a temporary L, because I shyt on the idea of this spinoff constantly but I actually enjoyed this more than most of the eps from that abysmal last season of the main show, we’ll see if they keep it up tho :patrice:

No...you don’t think :picard:.. Book 3 on the way if book 2 is successful? :pachaha:

bro they already have another 3 confirmed with Tommy, Tate & Young Kanan/Ghost/Tommy Lol

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
alright i finished it and :patrice: that actually wasnt too bad

is the fukkery of Power gonna draw me in again :wow:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
idk, its alright but without tommy and ghost im not sure how compelling this story is

im on the 7 day free trial for starz. i think episode 2 will be the extent of my "book 2" viewership :skip:

:mjtf: dont even need ghost stank ass nor Tommy.

We got Bobby Brown fukkery now :ahh:

Every little steeeeep :troll:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
One thing that irked me is Tariq was using a public school library computer to do his homework, write a report for the top athlete at the school, AND research one of the most dangerous drug lords in recent history. :dahell: That man ain’t even using a personal laptop :snoop:

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The first episode was aight but just enough to draw me in. :ehh:

I'm not sure why not just call it Power Season 7 instead of Book II :heh:

No damn NYC house party with young nikkas playing Naughty By Nature in 2020 they should have had Pop Smoke playing :shaq2:

Method Man and Mary J. Blige characters look interesting.

One of the best parts of the episode was the whole The Stranger to Tariq's own actions juxtaposition.

Also, the writers of this show try way too hard to frame it as a black show from the whole affirmative action/mentorship shyt they got going on with Tariq at the college to the naming choices the bytch the basketball player was fukking (Shaniqua) and shortie in the class named BruShaundria (:dahell: literally sounds like something cacs made up) we don't need all these stereotypes.

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
This premiere reminded me how much I began to hate Ghost during the end of Power. This episode felt great, pace was fantastic and everybody held their own acting. Still suspicious about Mary's acting but maybe she can pull off the quiet savage boss type. Really looking forward to the rest of this. Can't believe I'm saying that.

I was thinking the same thing, but I watched the little behind the scenes video from the cast and she seems like she’s not acting (demeanor wise) if that makes sense. Even in her candid “Mary J” little interview, I was like “this is the same character from the show”. In most cases that’s a bad thing, but if 50/Kanan was any indication, it may work really well for her.