Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Gor cha but likenare we gonna get like 8-10 episode of just Tariq's spinoff then whoever next spinoff we get 8-10 or....just looked it up. Seems part 1 of this spinoff is 4 episodes and then there's a break of some sorts
That’s interesting so each book only gets four episodes then the highest rated gets a full season/series? (how will they determine this given the power audience will Likely watch all of them, especially if they’re all only 4 episodes)

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
That’s interesting so each book only gets four episodes then the highest rated gets a full season/series? (how will they determine this given the power audience will Likely watch all of them, especially if they’re all only 4 episodes)

Saw this a few days ago

"STARZ ‘Original series “POWER BOOK II: GHOST,” starring Michael Rainey Jr. as problematic prodigy Tariq St. Patrick, Naturi Naughton, Mary J. Blige, and Cliff “Method Man” Smith, is set to premiere on Sunday, September 6 at 9 PM ET/PT before moving to its regular timeslot at 8 PM on STARZ in the U.S. and Canada, and day and date on the Starzplay international streaming service around the world. The premiere season for “Ghost” will be split into two parts of five episodes each, with the second half scheduled to air later this year.

Another Power spinoff, “POWER BOOK III: RAISING KANAN,” is also forthcoming. This serves as the prequel story that takes viewers back to the ‘90s and the early years of iconic “Power” character Kanan Stark. It’s set to resume production this fall for its STARZ debut in 2021. Mekai Curtis stars as young Kanan Stark, alongside an amazing cast including Tony-award winner Patina Miller who will play his mom, Raquel Thomas, Omar Epps, Hailey Kilgore, and Lovie Simone. “Power Book III: Raising Kanan” is created by Sascha Penn who serves as showrunner and executive producer."

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This premiere reminded me how much I began to hate Ghost during the end of Power. This episode felt great, pace was fantastic and everybody held their own acting. Still suspicious about Mary's acting but maybe she can pull off the quiet savage boss type. Really looking forward to the rest of this. Can't believe I'm saying that.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

I know people hate Tariq but I'm on it. Gotta see where this goes with Tasha. Who are Mary and Meth? I saw a trailer that had Tariq and this girl after a burial. Hope it's not Tasha.

I'm very interested in seeing where they go with these spin offs. I've missed a few shows this summer (Covid shutdowns) and Power is definitely one I been needing since The Chi been on some other shyt.

I'm all in on this one. Gotta check OP for when it comes out.