Official Persona games discussion thread

llt23

All Star
Daps
Im pretty deep in Persona 3 FES now. Up to where there are 3 more shadows left. I can definitely see how some folks like this games story over Persona 4 now. Though I prefer Persona 4 still. Might be cause I played that one first.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Im pretty deep in Persona 3 FES now. Up to where there are 3 more shadows left. I can definitely see how some folks like this games story over Persona 4 now. Though I prefer Persona 4 still. Might be cause I played that one first.

Word? While it has a darker atmosphere, it seems to take significantly longer for the burn to get hot, whereas P4G gets good fairly quickly. Also, P4's characters, at least as far as I got within P3, seem better. They definitely are better voice acted for sure (which may be all the further weighing my decision for P4). Yosuke is akin to Jubei and he's much better, Chie to Yukari and she's much better too. I suppose Kanji would be similar to Akihiko in a way and Mitsuru & Yukiko are somewhat similar and also inverted comparatives, to which those two sets are a bit more equal tho.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
second play through :blessed:

being able to go through a whole dungeon in one day :blessed:
My second play through was godly. I ran through the dungeons and went straight up the stairs to each boss and whooped they ass in a few hits. I only had to fall back one time cuz I got caught up with the Reaper and another time when fighting Ameno Sagiri.

Daps
Question for you guys

Just copped a ps2 so I could play P3FES and P4, not touching P4 till im done with P3FES

Just started, and I'm worried that I'll miss certain stuff on certain days, Social Links etc...whats the best way to play in that
regard, how do I best allocate my time? I'm don't like to miss stuff and rush through but what do i prioritise? I'm worried that by taking too much on I'll never be able to max out certain side quests, social links, etc..

Does P4 use the same format, ie After School, Evening, limited time for side quests etc.

I've heard in P3:FES you gotta do what you want to do when you can as at a certain date you are basically stuck finishing off the rest of Tartarus and facing the final bosses regardless of level/progress :damn:

llt23

All Star
Daps
Don't stress it too much. Early on you prob will have to go Tartarus more days since your party members will get fatigued quick. After maybe the first boss you should be able to get away with only going to Tartarus maybe twice a month, just make sure you reach the point where you can't go any further and you're good. With social links you can try and get in each one once each week, using your off time to improve your charm, courageand academics. Before you know it, charm and courage will be maxed out leaving only academics to worry about. At that point I just do social links, study before bed, and check the arcade if the quiz game is running. I find for Tartarus Saturdays are good days.

4s system is slightly different, but more of the same, and it's not hard to do everything. You won't get all the s.links most likely in 3 or 4, I dunno if it's possible to get em all in one play through, but you won't feel unsatisfied just playing normally, you don't need no guide for max s.links and stats.

More importantly I hope you picked easy mode. You can get merked in random battles with one dumb mistake and some bosses are tough. I find 4 to be harder but easy mode is the way to go in both. Those ten instant revive items are worth it.

Daps
Don't stress it too much. Early on you prob will have to go Tartarus more days since your party members will get fatigued quick. After maybe the first boss you should be able to get away with only going to Tartarus maybe twice a month, just make sure you reach the point where you can't go any further and you're good. With social links you can try and get in each one once each week, using your off time to improve your charm, courageand academics. Before you know it, charm and courage will be maxed out leaving only academics to worry about. At that point I just do social links, study before bed, and check the arcade if the quiz game is running. I find for Tartarus Saturdays are good days.

4s system is slightly different, but more of the same, and it's not hard to do everything. You won't get all the s.links most likely in 3 or 4, I dunno if it's possible to get em all in one play through, but you won't feel unsatisfied just playing normally, you don't need no guide for max s.links and stats.

Thanks. Yeh I don't care about a 100% whatever run as I'd need a guide for that and it would likely take 90% of the enjoyment out of the game...I just wasn't sure how to prioritise certain events as I am just into the game and I am working on like 5 different social links at once and don't have much spare time outside of these and going to Tartarus to study/go to the arcade/ etc.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Jus some more tips. The movies are the best for charm and courage, and the quiz game is the best for academics. And always study before bed unless you're tired. I didn't really bother with academics until I maxed out charm and courage though. I also used the cafe and karaoke spot for charm and courage but I read they aren't as efficient. Once that's all out of the way you can solely focus on social links.

Daps
Jus some more tips. The movies are the best for charm and courage, and the quiz game is the best for academics. And always study before bed unless you're tired. I didn't really bother with academics until I maxed out charm and courage though. I also used the cafe and karaoke spot for charm and courage but I read they aren't as efficient. Once that's all out of the way you can solely focus on social links.

Props. So I should focus on stat-increasing activities before Social Links?....or it doesn't matter..?

I'm wandering around looking for this Juzumaru katana for the side quest, hopefully my characters don't get too tired before I can advance some more floors :lupe:

llt23

All Star
Daps
I definitely went with stats early on cause soon you gotta juggle more social links. In the evenings early in the game you don't have any social links, so I always used that time for stats and still was able to keep up with all the social links. Just remember you don't have to do the same social link multiple times in a week, don't be afraid to tell your homies no when they ask you to chill.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never got the Mitsuru social link in persona 3. Unlocking certain links were much harder in three compared to four. You needed to have maxed academics and aced the exams prior to some specific date just to get it.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
second play through :blessed:

being able to go through a whole dungeon in one day :blessed:

Was able to day 1 all dungeons aside from Yukiko's on my first normal play thru (or did I start on hard, i can't remember). But yeah, it should be no problems with new game+. Even beat that Contrarian King in Yukiko's castle after her rescue on a 1-shot (playing on very hard btw). Technically, took me 2 times to beat him, as I went in there to see what kinda damage he'd do before I put my top dawg persona Yoshytsune (he was at like level 95 at the time:lolbron:). He killed us the first time with Rampage as he does, taking like over 300 points of damage to everyone.:scust: 2nd time go tho, Contrarian King pulled Rampage again:upsetfavre: and wiped out my whole squad cept me since I had Yoshi the gawd on deck this time:ufdup: and I retaliated with Hassou Tobi after being power charged and revolutioned up to return the favor and smoked his as in that 1 turn just the same since he styled on my homies.:lupe:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
My second play through was godly. I ran through the dungeons and went straight up the stairs to each boss and whooped they ass in a few hits. I only had to fall back one time cuz I got caught up with the Reaper and another time when fighting Ameno Sagiri.
Ameno Sagiri was one of the most annoying boss fights ever first PT

I knew he knew he could kill the whole party with one hit and he just didnt, shyt made me mad

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Was able to day 1 all dungeons aside from Yukiko's on my first normal play thru (or did I start on hard, i can't remember). But yeah, it should be no problems with new game+. Even beat that Contrarian King in Yukiko's castle after her rescue on a 1-shot (playing on very hard btw). Technically, took me 2 times to beat him, as I went in there to see what kinda damage he'd do before I put my top dawg persona Yoshytsune (he was at like level 95 at the time:lolbron:). He killed us the first time with Rampage as he does, taking like over 300 points of damage to everyone.:scust: 2nd time go tho, Contrarian King pulled Rampage again:upsetfavre: and wiped out my whole squad cept me since I had Yoshi the gawd on deck this time:ufdup: and I retaliated with Hassou Tobi after being power charged and revolutioned up to return the favor and smoked his as in that 1 turn just the same since he styled on my homies.:lupe:
That shyt shouldnt even be fair :mjlol: Yoshi against anyone before Naoto's dungeon

I definitely went with stats early on cause soon you gotta juggle more social links. In the evenings early in the game you don't have any social links, so I always used that time for stats and still was able to keep up with all the social links. Just remember you don't have to do the same social link multiple times in a week, don't be afraid to tell your homies no when they ask you to chill.
Well you do have Nanako and Dojima

edit: talking about P3, im out

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
That shyt shouldnt even be fair :mjlol: Yoshi against anyone before Naoto's dungeon

Yeah, I know. I don’t even pull him out much really cept for getting a heads up on Wealth Hands for their extra experience and dough. Even then, I don’t kill all of them. I just usually revolutionize the crew and God Hand/Myriad Arrow a few of them to get some good damage and then switch back to my Izanagi (whom I’m trying to rebuild to dope status again; my last new game save on just Hard mode, I had Iznagi at like level 40/50-ish getting to about Nato’s dungeon point or a lil further and then I didn’t play the game over a year, so I just restarted over, as I wanted to soak in all the glory again from scratch, do better with maxing out social links and I also want to sound bit some of the hilarious dialogue from characters.:lolbron: