Official Persona games discussion thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I got the dentist in the morning and that means I'm rockin' this joint tonight instead of goin' out, but I know in Persona 3 a few of the links ended earlier than others and screwed me over (plus some of the links couldn't even be built up until you had full charisma or whatever). Any advice on social links for this joint? I ain't tryna use an FAQ on first play through.
Well it's similar to three in that you can manage your time better by trying to clear out a dungeon in one game day and then use the other days for s links and upgrading your attributes. Rainy days in persona 4 usually means no s links so that's a good time to either clear a dungeon if you're well stocked and ready.

llt23

All Star
Daps
My first smt was on 3ds with SMTiv. Really loved the game. Went and played persona 4 on ps2 after and loved that game too. Watched the anime and shyt too n I don't even fukk with anime.

Now I'm going through persona 3 fes with nocturne on the back burner. Crazy how I played jrpgs all
My life but never was into this series

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Persona 4 is ruining my social life fam...I can't stop rocking.

So far I'm at Kanji's steam room. My strategy up to now has been to take my first chance at a dungeon and use everything I've got for a long leveling run (also picking up on weaknesses and all that). I use a Goho-m at the 5th or 6th floor depending on my SP and save, but jump back in the dungeon and try to rush to the top so I can save outside of the dungeon. I do a practice run against the boss to figure out how his attacks work and see if I can get a strategy before I die. After that's all done, I reload and just exit the dungeon, go about life and most importantly...I sell all the materials I collected to the blacksmith so that I can jack my squad up with new gear. I don't hit the dungeon again until a long run of rain and my goal on that run is to beat the boss so that I don't waste more social link/character building time. Got in the top ten on midterms which boosted my relationships a bit which is dope. One thing I've screwed up a bit is that experimenting meant a more balanced approach to my traits so I haven't had the courage or understanding to pick certain responses, but what's new game plus for right?

It's not fool proof but it's worked so far and only wasted two days each dungeon. My nights have been mainly focused on studying and translating (part time job) so far, but there is the fishing option. I only had the chance to fix one lunch so far and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if that's just an option randomly. So far I've focused on building my strength connection because it seemed to jump rank quickly. Justice is also a good one since it's my only option at night when available and I keep an Archangel for the Hama attack.

Any advice on this strategy is appreciated. Shout out @Fatboi1 for the opening tips because they helped me pick a style to run through this. Anyone who's just starting, I think this is a pretty solid template for developing a strong character and taking advantage of the time you free up by making dungeon runs in 2-3 days as opposed to multiple sets.

llt23

All Star
Daps
I maxed out my attributes in one play through of 4 pretty much doing the same shyt u did. Dungeons in 2 days max, then social links and attribute stuff. The noodle spot that increases everything is where it's at.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Persona 4 is ruining my social life fam...I can't stop rocking.

So far I'm at Kanji's steam room. My strategy up to now has been to take my first chance at a dungeon and use everything I've got for a long leveling run (also picking up on weaknesses and all that). I use a Goho-m at the 5th or 6th floor depending on my SP and save, but jump back in the dungeon and try to rush to the top so I can save outside of the dungeon. I do a practice run against the boss to figure out how his attacks work and see if I can get a strategy before I die. After that's all done, I reload and just exit the dungeon, go about life and most importantly...I sell all the materials I collected to the blacksmith so that I can jack my squad up with new gear. I don't hit the dungeon again until a long run of rain and my goal on that run is to beat the boss so that I don't waste more social link/character building time. Got in the top ten on midterms which boosted my relationships a bit which is dope. One thing I've screwed up a bit is that experimenting meant a more balanced approach to my traits so I haven't had the courage or understanding to pick certain responses, but what's new game plus for right?

It's not fool proof but it's worked so far and only wasted two days each dungeon. My nights have been mainly focused on studying and translating (part time job) so far, but there is the fishing option. I only had the chance to fix one lunch so far and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if that's just an option randomly. So far I've focused on building my strength connection because it seemed to jump rank quickly. Justice is also a good one since it's my only option at night when available and I keep an Archangel for the Hama attack.

Any advice on this strategy is appreciated. Shout out @Fatboi1 for the opening tips because they helped me pick a style to run through this. Anyone who's just starting, I think this is a pretty solid template for developing a strong character and taking advantage of the time you free up by making dungeon runs in 2-3 days as opposed to multiple sets.
Yup. That's pretty much my strategy. I usually try to knock dungeons out on rainy days since there's usually no active social links those days. New Game plus is where you can finally max out your attributes. I was only able to complete the beef bowl challenge at Aiya's on rainy days on my second playthrough.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
http://anime.fullfights.org/episodes/dubbed/persona-4-the-animation/page/3

This link has all the episodes in 720P. It's the english dub. I was watching it previously on another site but there was a watermark on the video and the quality wasn't as good as this one. :blessed:

edit: This shyt is hilarious :russ:. I haven't watched cartoons or anime in years but this shyt got me hooked. Yosuke and Chie is :deadrose:
You can watch the Persona 4 anime legally on Crunchyroll. They are releasing the episodes weekly.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/persona4-the-golden-animation

Do either of these have the english dub? The english VAs for the game were phenomenal, so I'd actually prefer to hear it in english.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yup. That's pretty much my strategy. I usually try to knock dungeons out on rainy days since there's usually no active social links those days. New Game plus is where you can finally max out your attributes. I was only able to complete the beef bowl challenge at Aiya's on rainy days on my second playthrough.

I maxed out my attributes on my first run actually. Yeah, makes new game plus quite a bit easier to get things moving along.

Also, make sure ya'll register all ya'll Personas, especially at your highest levels n whatnot. Also, on my first run, outside of the first castle, I pretty much would knock out each dungeon in one rainy day run. It's definitely difficult to do so at the beginning of the game, but mainly just for Yukiko's castle. After that, with unlocking the Fox, getting skills like Invigorate to replenish SP (try to utilize your main character for the bulk of your magic attacks for this purpose and then, find an enemy that you can play around with and just defend all turns till your MC's SP is replenished, quite simple 1nce you get Invigorate 3 or stack Invigorates on 1 Persona).

Also, with new game+, buy back one of your strongest previous game's persona as soon as you can and it'll make clearing dungeon's in 1 day a lot easier. I'm playing on very hard and I'm still crushing it so far. I'm also at Kanji's dungeon now.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ThoseGenerousAvocet.gif

PeskyDescriptiveDungenesscrab.gif

i7NpLIs4rp3md.gif

They really got these nikkas getting it in.

:deadrose: