Official Persona games discussion thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Word? While it has a darker atmosphere, it seems to take significantly longer for the burn to get hot, whereas P4G gets good fairly quickly. Also, P4's characters, at least as far as I got within P3, seem better. They definitely are better voice acted for sure (which may be all the further weighing my decision for P4). Yosuke is akin to Jubei and he's much better, Chie to Yukari and she's much better too. I suppose Kanji would be similar to Akihiko in a way and Mitsuru & Yukiko are somewhat similar and also inverted comparatives, to which those two sets are a bit more equal tho.

Also, does any character in P3 have the charm and humor of Teddy? Same goes with Kanji's hijinks, as tipping on the homo line as they may be, lol! Probably not, but they got some weird ass androids though.:comeon:

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I preferred 4's cast. felt more like a close knit group of friends caught up in some nonsense.

3 felt more like co-workers but I loved 3's darker atmosphere.

In 3 i was a man-whore:laugh: slept with every girl I got a chance with. In P4 I never have/will mess around on Yukiko:wow: she my ride or die tho:banderas:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ameno Sagiri was one of the most annoying boss fights ever first PT

I knew he knew he could kill the whole party with one hit and he just didnt, shyt made me mad
Some of those bosses could be stunned if you were powerful enough though. For example shadow teddies' charge could be stopped and you could all out attack him while he's down.

Some of these personas though be hard as hell to obtain or fuse. I hated having to google fusion guides. I seen moves never seen before when I youtube'd playthrough videos.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also, does any character in P3 have the charm and humor of Teddy? Same goes with Kanji's hijinks, as tipping on the homo line as they may be, lol! Probably not, but they got some weird ass androids though.:comeon:
Everyone was super serious in Persona 3. The stakes seemed much larger though as the fukking world was on the brink of destruction compared to 4 so I can see why there wouldn't be any comic relief type character.

I preferred 4's cast. felt more like a close knit group of friends caught up in some nonsense.

3 felt more like co-workers but I loved 3's darker atmosphere.

In 3 i was a man-whore:laugh: slept with every girl I got a chance with. In P4 I never have/will mess around on Yukiko:wow: she my ride or die tho:banderas:
I felt like the characters grew throughout the game and they became someone with an identity. No one really felt like the typical JRPG character whereas 3 just had the usual "This is the smart serious girl who has no time for games" side character or the "tough guy"(Akihiko).

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I tried to play the PSP remake of the original Persona but it is too archaic for me. I'm enjoying Persona 2: Innocent Sin right now though.
Huh?? I found Persona 2:IS WAY too archaic for me to continue. I can't stand the dated battle system and how prolonged everything seems to take. The whole contact system on top of that just makes it a chore imo. Granted I've only played for a few hours It may get manageable. Last thing I did was go to some club where Michel took off alone to encounter some newfound leader of his HS. I don't know what was going on.

Daps
Huh?? I found Persona 2:IS WAY too archaic for me to continue. I can't stand the dated battle system and how prolonged everything seems to take. The whole contact system on top of that just makes it a chore imo. Granted I've only played for a few hours It may get manageable. Last thing I did was go to some club where Michel took off alone to encounter some newfound leader of his HS. I don't know what was going on.

I'm not finished with the game but I got past that part. It's definitely an archaic game but not as bad as the first one. It's good enough to keep me playing. I didn't really understand what was happening at the beginning of the game either. I think the problem was that they introduced too many characters too quickly before you have a chance to care about anybody.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not finished with the game but I got past that part. It's definitely an archaic game but not as bad as the first one. It's good enough to keep me playing. I didn't really understand what was happening at the beginning of the game either. I think the problem was that they introduced too many characters too quickly before you have a chance to care about anybody.
Yeah. I'll play it some more. So far I'm not really feeling none of the characters. There's not enough voice acting to make me like them.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
When you start having to combine three and more personas to try to complete your compendium<<

Some of those bosses could be stunned if you were powerful enough though. For example shadow teddies' charge could be stopped and you could all out attack him while he's down.

Some of these personas though be hard as hell to obtain or fuse. I hated having to google fusion guides. I seen moves never seen before when I youtube'd playthrough videos.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Everyone was super serious in Persona 3. The stakes seemed much larger though as the fukking world was on the brink of destruction compared to 4 so I can see why there wouldn't be any comic relief type character.

I felt like the characters grew throughout the game and they became someone with an identity. No one really felt like the typical JRPG character whereas 3 just had the usual "This is the smart serious girl who has no time for games" side character or the "tough guy"(Akihiko).

Exactly! In 4, aside from the silent main character protagonist, all the rest of the characters threw all the stereotypical RPG archetypes the fukk out the window. All had very well defined, multi-faceted personalities that were well developed and explained fully.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I never played the RPG but I copped the fighting game today for the 360:yeshrug:

I like the Art design:ehh:

Playing the RPGs gives you a much greater appreciation of the fighting game, for sure. It's really ill how much of the RPG mechanics, moves, etc are carried over into the fighting game.