Official Persona games discussion thread

llt23

All Star
Daps
I've been dabbling in Nocturne for a while. It's MUCH harder than Persona 3. I went from 3 straight to that and it's just a whole nother ball game. I played Digital Devil Saga for like 1 hour but never went back. :yeshrug:

Word. Im used to the difficulty at this point though. 3 felt much easier than P4 and SMTIV was harder than both IMO. Prob gonna run with Nocturne though, I did start it up just forgot bout it.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Don't think imma be able to go back to console RPGing... might have to just wait for Persona 5 Platinum or some shyt...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got $20, should I buy P3P?
Is this your first time playing it??

Ehh I'd recommend getting the FES version on PSN for PS3 instead. P3P is a mechanically better game with much needed tweaks for the archaic like game Persona 3 FES is but that comes at the cost of animated cutscenes and a 3D overworld replaced with a cursor and 2D sprites.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Is this your first time playing it??

Ehh I'd recommend getting the FES version on PSN for PS3 instead. P3P is a mechanically better game with much needed tweaks for the archaic like game Persona 3 FES is but that comes at the cost of animated cutscenes and a 3D overworld replaced with a cursor and 2D sprites.
so FES is like P4G
and P3P is like a 16 bit game

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so FES is like P4G
and P3P is like a 16 bit game
kinda... The battle system and some other things are a bit different, slightly inferior imo(can't control each character in battle, can't access and change party member equipment unless they're physically next to you in the dungeon, if you're downed in battle then you lose a turn when it comes back to you etc.)

P3P fixes all of that to be like P4G(even leveling up social ranks has the same jingle) but it foregoes the presentation aspect.

This is P3P
psp_persona3portable_shot3.jpg

You use a cursor to click on characters to interact with them.

P3FES uses actual 3d characters and lets you move around the map.
enormousdoor.jpg

persona3-5.jpg

60-Persona3-21-165.jpg

There's no 3d models in P3P like above.

They're like this
1230452__executed.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

and you can use a female in P3P. While in Tartarus(the dungeon) it's in 3D normally.

If you played P4G already, it's going to feel backwards playing P3FES.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
why don't they just combine the two and make like a P3G
kinda... The battle system and some other things are a bit different, slightly inferior imo(can't control each character in battle, can't access and change party member equipment unless they're physically next to you in the dungeon, if you're downed in battle then you lose a turn when it comes back to you etc.)

P3P fixes all of that to be like P4G(even leveling up social ranks has the same jingle) but it foregoes the presentation aspect.

This is P3P
psp_persona3portable_shot3.jpg

You use a cursor to click on characters to interact with them.

P3FES uses actual 3d characters and lets you move around the map.
enormousdoor.jpg

persona3-5.jpg

60-Persona3-21-165.jpg

There's no 3d models in P3P like above.

They're like this
1230452__executed.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

and you can use a female in P3P. While in Tartarus(the dungeon) it's in 3D normally.

If you played P4G already, it's going to feel backwards playing P3FES.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Just finished p4g yesterday had to let that shyt sink in and :wow:.
This game brehs just when I thought I was at the finish line the game was like naw breh you not there yet.

I mean everything about this game is greatness the personas, the music, the story, and the characters.

So the gas station chick was behind it all along:ohhh: and the final attack you use to defeat her was called myriad truths:wow: the levels.

That has to be one of the most satisfying endings I've played in a minute shyt had me like:wow::dwillhuh::banderas::mjcry:.