Official Persona games discussion thread

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Sadly yeah persona at this point is like where kendrick is where it's gonna be real hard to top this. Everything in persona 3 was built on perfected and exceeded expectations with P4. Hopefully this isn't the series magnum opus and somehow do the same with P5.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sadly yeah persona at this point is like where kendrick is where it's gonna be real hard to top this. Everything in that persona 3 was built on perfected and exceeded expectations with P4. Hopefully this isn't the series magnum opus and somehow do the same with P5.
Once the expectation is planted it becomes impossible to top it. When it catches you out of nowhere then the quality can be appreciated.

People will look extra hard at Persona 5. It'll be graded much harsher than Persona 4 was.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I never played any of these games. One of my best friends swears by them. Do I need a vita or can I emulate this shyt? If I need a vita, I guess I'm passing.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Well the definitive version is only on the vita but you can still play P4 on ps3 if you have one.

Daps
Reppin
About 65 hours into P4 Golden and it's my first time...been taking breaks cause I don't want this shyt to end. :mjcry:

Got her wanting to come to bedroom though :blessed:

yukiko-fan2.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sadly yeah persona at this point is like where kendrick is where it's gonna be real hard to top this. Everything in persona 3 was built on perfected and exceeded expectations with P4. Hopefully this isn't the series magnum opus and somehow do the same with P5.

Once the expectation is planted it becomes impossible to top it. When it catches you out of nowhere then the quality can be appreciated.

People will look extra hard at Persona 5. It'll be graded much harsher than Persona 4 was.

I have faith that P5 can at least match P4 overall. I say that because despite Persona 4 Golden being quite possibly my favorite game of all time, I can still find things I had issues with that are perfectly rational. Dungeons, world exploration, presentation(better graphics and immersion), and more social links that actually affect some of the scenes.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have faith that P5 can at least match P4 overall. I say that because despite Persona 4 Golden being quite possibly my favorite game of all time, I can still find things I had issues with that are perfectly rational. Dungeons, world exploration, presentation(better graphics and immersion), and more social links that actually affect some of the scenes.
You probably didn't walk into Persona 4 Golden expecting it to be what it became to you though. I know I didn't play Persona 4 expecting it to be one of the greatest JRPGs ever created. I was blown away by it. Another thing is when something is unexpectedly great you're more willing to overlook its flaws.

Persona 5 people will be far more critical of. Once the hype hits people raise their expectations.

The same effect can be observed by The Last of Us. Almost nobody went into that game expecting it to be arguably the greatest PS3 game made. If anything people were mildly curious how Naughty Dog would tackle survival horror. Sure with the developer's pedigree people thought it would be a good game but it was able to surpass their expectations because the expectations weren't so high to begin with.