Official Persona games discussion thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Persona 4 explores the dark side of your party members and the things they repress about themselves. They have to learn to not idealize themselves and accept their whole self for who they really are.

Scooby Doo has a rich guy stuck in a small town that hates it deep down? a delinquent struggling with identity and even sexuality issues? A famous pop idol that just wants to hide away and be normal? A woman that wishes she was a man to get respect? Nah the parallels begin and end at teenagers solving a murder mystery. The two casts have nothing in common.

Persona 3 had a couple standoffish bytches, a big tall dude that seemed kinda like an a$$hole. that little boy and the dog *shrugs*, hell the only cast members that stuck out to me were Junpei and Aegis. the rest of them were either forgettable or not the most likable bunch.

as for the "dark" plot. 75% of the game nothing happened. you dreamed about a boy that would grow up to come back and destroy the world then after you find that out you wait for him to do it. most of the rest of the game is filler.
That was my issue. Nothing popped off until about September and even then there were a few lulls in the story. I hated how anti-climatic each moon boss was. It was just "It's a full moon tonight :ehh:. Let's go kick that boss ass :yawn:">>>>>>>Go fight boss>>>>>>>Return back like everything is all good and wait for stuff to happen. It didn't help that the social links imo were inferior in Persona 3 so the days felt prolonged.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Persona 4 explores the dark side of your party members and the things they repress about themselves. They have to learn to not idealize themselves and accept their whole self for who they really are.

Scooby Doo has a rich guy stuck in a small town that hates it deep down? a delinquent struggling with identity and even sexuality issues? A famous pop idol that just wants to hide away and be normal? A woman that wishes she was a man to get respect? Nah the parallels begin and end at teenagers solving a murder mystery. The two casts have nothing in common.

Persona 3 had a couple standoffish bytches, a big tall dude that seemed kinda like an a$$hole. that little boy and the dog *shrugs*, hell the only cast members that stuck out to me were Junpei and Aegis. the rest of them were either forgettable or not the most likable bunch.

as for the "dark" plot. 75% of the game nothing happened. you dreamed about a boy that would grow up to come back and destroy the world then after you find that out you wait for him to do it. most of the rest of the game is filler.
lol the reaching

Group of kids meddling around town to solve a mystery with their awkward animal friend.

that "a$$hole" cared about his friends and died for one of them which so happened to be Ken (that little boy) whose mother he had killed. im starting to think you havent played the entire game.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
That was my issue. Nothing popped off until about September and even then there were a few lulls in the story. I hated how anti-climatic each moon boss was. It was just "It's a full moon tonight :ehh:. Let's go kick that boss ass :yawn:">>>>>>>Go fight boss>>>>>>>Return back like everything is all good and wait for stuff to happen. It didn't help that the social links imo were inferior in Persona 3 so the days felt prolonged.
"rescue before fog" every single time. yeah the dungeons were different but same shyt as the full moon issue from P3

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"rescue before fog" every single time. yeah the dungeons were different but same shyt as the full moon issue from P3
I knew you would say that. :laugh:

The reason I say it feels anti-climatic is because it's established early on in Persona 3 that for the remainder of the year you'll have a boss to defeat each full moon. It pretty much becomes a routine and there wasn't any surprises or change to the way things happened each month with the exception of the twist near the end of the game.

It was simply wait until full moon, talk with party members in the lounge and then go fight the boss. No mini dungeon or anything just fight it, and go back home. The surprises happened outside of these events(the twist, Nyx revelation, Chidori).

The way the story progressed in Persona 4 was always :lupe: I wondered who's going to get kidnapped.

You didn't explicitly know how they'd get caught and a couple of times you got thrown for a loop thinking someone you know already is the culprit. Then on top of that each rescue mission was an actual dungeon as opposed to Persona 3 simply requiring you slogging through Tartarus.

Persona 3... It felt formulaic. You pretty much can come to that conclusion after the first few moon bosses but for Persona 4 you couldn't really make a judgement on the pacing until after you complete the game. Hell the fact that it has a true ending that adds a considerable amount of content afterwards is what makes it better imo. I think you said you didn't even get the true ending in Persona 4 so I can see why you think it fell short.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
I didnt get the true ending but i know what happen. Scooby doo and the gang realized it was the gas station attendant behind everything, "what a twist" /m.night

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
galactic_punchPERSONA4chie.gif

:what:??
Yukari??

:mjlol:

:dead:
Perfect reaction my man! I may have to give you rep.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
lol the reaching

Group of kids meddling around town to solve a mystery with their awkward animal friend.

that "a$$hole" cared about his friends and died for one of them which so happened to be Ken (that little boy) whose mother he had killed. im starting to think you havent played the entire game.
I played the entire game. To this day the most memorable part of that game to me was the quotes the final boss said.
"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wow: I know Adachi's voice anywhere.

The voice actor for Tohru Adachi voices one of the main characters in the Toradora! anime. :skip:

I just kept hearing adachi voice and a quick google search confirmed it.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
:wow: I know Adachi's voice anywhere.

The voice actor for Tohru Adachi voices one of the main characters in the Toradora! anime. :skip:

I just kept hearing adachi voice and a quick google search confirmed it.

If anything you should recognize Rise's voice anywhere breh, Laura Bailey stays in any RPG/anime out.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
your most memorable part is a quote? :beli:

maybe the game just wasnt for you
Why do you think I played Persona 4 in the first place? Because I played 3 and liked it enough to buy 4 day one. I won't lie though I have FES and I never played The Answer. Never really been interested in playing that portion either.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Edit- messed post up
Persona 3 doesn't suck, it just imo isn't as good as Persona 4 overall. I can understand someone preferring the setting, plot and theme over Persona 4 but I felt like the execution of everything else around the game was done better in Persona 4. I played P3 first up until the third moon boss I believe(the one you fight in the lobby of tartarus). I got stuck there and played P4 and beat it almost three times(40hrs on PS2 via emulator, normal ending on P4 Golden and true ending).

Last edited: