Official Persona games discussion thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Like i said. New age ff7. History repeating itself.
Final Fantasy VII is a technical marvel for its time that looks awkward and outdated now. As a game it was OK but I wouldn't even rank it as a top 5 game in its series.

I'd like to know though what makes Persona 3 better than 4?

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I agree with 10, 9 and 6. 4 I cant and 12 I definitely cant. I only think 10, 9, 6 and tactics are better :manny:
12 has its problems but it also has Balthier, Ashe, Basch, the judges, the crazy Cid, Larsa , and Vayne in it. Vayne is one of the better villains in the series. I don't really care about Vaan or Penelo (the main reasons people hate on 12)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Reasons Persona 4 is better than 3.
It has a deeper plot that explores the character's psychology and morality.
It's funnier
The cast is far more likable and all the characters have worth and value to the game.
The battle system is much improved.
The dungeon system is much improved.
The music is better.
The game has a mystery to it that I for one didn't figure out until the end.
The villain is better.

Reasons Persona 3 is better than 4
The final battle and ending are better / more meaningful.
Aigis
Memories of You is better than Never More
Um.... semi-religious overtones?

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Yu>>>>>>>>Makoto
Yusuke>>>>>>junpei
Kanji>>>>>>>>akihiko
Yukiko>>>>>>>fuuka
Chie>>>>>>>>>yukari
Adachi>>>>>>>chairman president of SEES
Naoto>>>>>>mitsuru
Inaba >>>>>>tatsumi port island
School trip on p4>>>>>school trip p3
Teachers p4>>>>>>>>>p3 teachers
P4 music>>>>><<p3 music
P4 battle system>>>>>><<<p3p battle system
P4 story :sadbron: p3 story :to:

Aigis>>>>>>>>>everyone on persona 3.
Final battle p3>>>>>>p4 battle

Nah

Makoto>Yu
Junpei>Yosuke
Yukiko>Fuuka
Yukari>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chie
Adachi>Ikutski
Mitsuru>Naoto(BY A SLIVER)
Port Island>Inaba
P4 trip>p3 trip (:laff: @ them being fake drunk)
idgaf about teachers
Both soundtracks fire
P4 battle system>p3.
Rise<<<<

I just enjoy the darker tone on P3's story, but the pacing is terrible and it picks up slow as fukk. That's where p4 got it right. it's great right off the back and gets you in the action fast as hell.

Aigis da goat
Koromaru>>>>Teddy
P3 final battle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
P4 true golden ending/epilogue>>>>>>>>>>>

:to: :to: :to:

But obviously Nanako>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah

Makoto>Yu
Junpei>Yosuke
Yukiko>Fuuka
Yukari>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chie
Adachi>Ikutski
Mitsuru>Naoto(BY A SLIVER)
Port Island>Inaba
P4 trip>p3 trip (:laff: @ them being fake drunk)
idgaf about teachers
Both soundtracks fire
P4 battle system>p3.
Rise<<<<

I just enjoy the darker tone on P3's story, but the pacing is terrible and it picks up slow as fukk. That's where p4 got it right. it's great right off the back and gets you in the action fast as hell.

Aigis da goat
Koromaru>>>>Teddy
P3 final battle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
P4 true golden ending/epilogue>>>>>>>>>>>

:to: :to: :to:

But obviously Nanako>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
galactic_punchPERSONA4chie.gif

:what:??
Yukari??

:mjlol:

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Reasons Persona 4 is better than 3.
It has a deeper plot that explores the character's psychology and morality.
It's funnier
The cast is far more likable and all the characters have worth and value to the game.
The battle system is much improved.
The dungeon system is much improved.
The music is better.
The game has a mystery to it that I for one didn't figure out until the end.
The villain is better.

Reasons Persona 3 is better than 4
The final battle and ending are better / more meaningful.
Aigis
Memories of You is better than Never More
Um.... semi-religious overtones?
-who told you persona 4 had a deeper plot? lol you're probably the first ive heard say persona 4 had a better plot
-Persona 4 is funnier, you are correct. but that doesnt make it better because people like different things. Humor is cool but I prefer more dark shyt. Perfect example. DC vs Marvel movies.
-Im gonna sound like a parrot but again, how can someone like a cast ripped off from scooby doo? and p3s cast was much more diverse and STREGA >
-Battle system wasn't improved, it was made easier. Which they also used in P3P. I've played many rpgs, I dont mind games where you cant control everyone. Adds to the challenge actually.
-I agree on the dungeons and music being better.
-Thats why its called a secret/true ending lol
-in no way shape or form is adachi and izanami better than Strega, shuji and NYX...a puppet detective and gas station attendant :skip:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
-who told you persona 4 had a deeper plot? lol you're probably the first ive heard say persona 4 had a better plot
-Persona 4 is funnier, you are correct. but that doesnt make it better because people like different things. Humor is cool but I prefer more dark shyt. Perfect example. DC vs Marvel movies.
-Im gonna sound like a parrot but again, how can someone like a cast ripped off from scooby doo? and p3s cast was much more diverse and STREGA >
-Battle system wasn't improved, it was made easier. Which they also used in P3P. I've played many rpgs, I dont mind games where you cant control everyone. Adds to the challenge actually.
-I agree on the dungeons and music being better.
-Thats why its called a secret/true ending lol
-in no way shape or form is adachi and izanami better than Strega, shuji and NYX...a puppet detective and gas station attendant :skip:
Persona 4 explores the dark side of your party members and the things they repress about themselves. They have to learn to not idealize themselves and accept their whole self for who they really are.

Scooby Doo has a rich guy stuck in a small town that hates it deep down? a delinquent struggling with identity and even sexuality issues? A famous pop idol that just wants to hide away and be normal? A woman that wishes she was a man to get respect? Nah the parallels begin and end at teenagers solving a murder mystery. The two casts have nothing in common.

Persona 3 had a couple standoffish bytches, a big tall dude that seemed kinda like an a$$hole. that little boy and the dog *shrugs*, hell the only cast members that stuck out to me were Junpei and Aegis. the rest of them were either forgettable or not the most likable bunch.

as for the "dark" plot. 75% of the game nothing happened. you dreamed about a boy that would grow up to come back and destroy the world then after you find that out you wait for him to do it. most of the rest of the game is filler.