Official ‘Peacemaker’ Thread | Season 2 in production

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Show is fantastic. One thing I really like is these are characters that most people have no must see plot points attached to so you can take the show at face value. That’s a problem with the more popular heroes, the writers have to hit certain plot points, you need to have specific characters, and the characters must behave in certain ways or the “fans” are disappointed.

I’ll take more shows on these Peacemaker level characters please.

I really hope more people start watching this.
Eh
I hate what Gunn did to Vigilante and also Guardians
Show seems cool from the clips tho

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:mjtf: We also know that Adebayo is Waller's daughter and that she wants her to plant that diary. Is it not important to the plot that she finally accomplished the goal and we don't know the reason? If the team finds out she's Waller's daughter, that's irrelevant as well since we "already know"? You're just using jargon to make a pointless argument.
Pretty sure the diary is to Frame Peacemaker for all the murders and land him back in jail. In theory he might not have to be doing any of this and she is manipulating him into doing missions since it’s off books. Typical Waller who can’t just be happy with getting what she wants, she wants to screw everyone over too. Flipside Economos might be able to pin the whole thing on the dad again. I don’t see this team being ok with Peacemaker going back to jail.

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
I was really really hoping that
gorilla was GRODD :lupe:

when he was killed i was mad asf especially when it TALKED :damn:
I was hoping that same thing until Economist showed up :laugh:

Anyone catch that little call back when Peacemaker was listing off names and said Sharon Osborne, it cut to Vigilante for a sec?

I would have liked to follow up with Judomaster and what he knows after last week. Also really hoping we actually get a Kite Man appearance as well.

I really love this show

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
:dwillhuh:

You the first person I’ve seen anywhere that doesn’t like Vigilante. Bruh is funny as hell and is the best part of any scene he is in.

I don't like things being changed that much from the comics for the lols
Even tho new Vigilante is cool
Hated what he did to Guardians

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I wasn't familiar with any of these characters, so it didn't bother me as much. But i agree i wouldn't want him touching somebody i care about like say the X-men and putting his James Gunnisms into their characters.
The whole post 90s shtick of making the entire cast jokey in comedies is low key tired. People starting doing this after the Wayans brothers spoof films became popular. But those were spoofs. before that comedies only need one character to be in on the jokes and the rest of the cast played it mostly straight, think about a movie like trading places. I don't always want a spoof of a superhero movie, just want a superhero movie.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Was not expecting Peace to be a huge hit but here we are.. it's gained a lot of momentum from episode to episode and now's currently the most popular show on streaming. More proof that DC are in they bag with adult oriented content. :wow:

HBO Max's latest DC Comics series, "Peacemaker," has gained momentum against some of streaming's most popular shows.

The series, which is a spinoff of last year's "The Suicide Squad" and was created by the movie's director James Gunn, was the most in-demand original streaming TV series in the world as of January 22, according to the data firm Parrot Analytics. It was 69.5 times more in demand than the average series.

Parrot Analytics measures audience demand, which accounts for the interest in and engagement with, or overall popularity, of a TV series.

"Peacemaker," starring John Cena in the title role, surpassed Netflix's hit fantasy series "The Witcher" and Disney+'s "Star Wars" show "The Book of Boba Fett" in demand.

It reflects the growing popularity of HBO Max originals. Throughout 2021, total demand for Max series grew by 39.2%. Demand for Netflix originals in the same 12-month period grew by 10.3%.

Parrot Analytics said that Max was the fastest-growing major streaming service in 2021 when it came to demand share for originals.

By the end of the year, total demand for Max originals was well ahead of Netflix. The chart below illustrates the growth:
HBO Max's latest DC Comics series, "Peacemaker," has gained momentum against some of streaming's most popular shows.

The series, which is a spinoff of last year's "The Suicide Squad" and was created by the movie's director James Gunn, was the most in-demand original streaming TV series in the world as of January 22, according to the data firm Parrot Analytics. It was 69.5 times more in demand than the average series.

Parrot Analytics measures audience demand, which accounts for the interest in and engagement with, or overall popularity, of a TV series.

Parrot Analytics said that Max was the fastest-growing major streaming service in 2021 when it came to demand share for originals.

By the end of the year, total demand for Max originals was well ahead of Netflix.

HBO and Max ended 2021 with a combined 73.8 million subscribers, according to parent company AT&T, surpassing projections while Netflix and Disney+'s subscriber growth had slowed.

DC content will be essential for Max's growth throughout 2022 and beyond. New series like "Green Lantern" and "Justice League Dark" are in development. A "Batgirl" movie is in the works for the service to debut this year. Theatrically released Warner Bros. movies will have a 45-day window before debuting on HBO Max, including "The Batman," which hits theaters in March.

"Peacemaker" has been a hit with critics as well and has a 94% Rotten Tomatoes critic score.

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

When someone mentioned Vigilante being on the show, I thought it was the cowboy Vigilante.

I was like how the hell are they incorporating that character. Glad they used this incarnation.

Using lesser known characters gives the writer/producer/director a lot more leeway.