Official Overwatch Thread

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Me and 3 other friends are all picking this game up September. Extremely late to the party. Questions...

1. How is the longevity? This came out in May right? How fun is it stil now?

2. How is the roster balance?

3. Do you guys rotate your characters or have one or two go to guys?

4. With us only having guys and it being a 6 man team, how easy is it to find guys to fill the ranks and coordinate with? Especially considering how we are brand new in a game where almost everyone is really developed?

5. How do "seasons" and "episodes" work?

6. Is there a storyline to the game that can be observed? Or is it just a multiplayer experience with no plot? If the story is contained outside of the game, where can I learn about it?

7. The three characters I'm aesthetically interested in checking out are Mei, Lucio, Reaper, an Genji. Are they any good?

SYMMETRA LOOKS AWESOME TOO

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Me and 3 other friends are all picking this game up September. Extremely late to the party. Questions...

4. With us only having guys and it being a 6 man team, how easy is it to find guys to fill the ranks and coordinate with? Especially considering how we are brand new in a game where almost everyone is really developed?

6. Is there a storyline to the game that can be observed? Or is it just a multiplayer experience with no plot? If the story is contained outside of the game, where can I learn about it?

7. The three characters I'm aesthetically interested in checking out are Mei, Lucio, Reaper, an Genji. Are they any good?

1. Only game I've played this gen still fun af
2. Well balanced overall. Blizzard constantly updates the game to fix balancing issues and is responsive to the wishes of the userbase
3. I rotate between 4-5 characters
4. It's easy to get people to fill ranks, coordination can be damn near impossible I dont sweat it anymore and just play how I want
5. Real shyt I don't even know
6. Not in game. Any sort of overarching storyline is told from comics and animated shorts on the blizzard website. The game itself is just multiplayer deathmatch
7. Genji the GOAT make em mad character :blessed: Lucio is one of the best in the game. Reaper is easy to pick up and fun to play. I've only just now started fukking with Mei, her lack of offense can be frustrating. This game has characters that fit many different playstyles

Relldaproblem

Heart Breaker
Daps
Reppin
Nipple Light Specials

1.Still enjoying the game. The satisfaction of getting a win with your teammates is still a thrill. Longevity wise pc will more then likely be active for much longer. Tho ps4 has a healthy player base.

2. The roster balance imo is pretty good. Theres no exceedingly overpowered characters tho there are a few annoying ones.

3. Me personally I can play with a bunch of different characters. Haven an array of different characters allows you to adapt better when you team needs a certain kind of class. Tho you can't go wrong with just getting proficient with one character in each class.

4. You wont have an issue finding players for groups. Coordination might be another story .Depending on the platform (I'm strictly speaking ps4 here)communication will be pretty barren outside of your group. Tho there are rare occasions where you will get randoms who do talk back.

5. Episodes aren't a thing. Seasons work like 2 and a half months youll be abe to play ranked mode which only comes during the season. Summer just ended so the fall season will be the next one. There's also a 3 week break after every season. It's truly just a more competitive mode with rankings and prizes.

6. Its multiplayer only and the lore you would have to find outside the game. I'm not really sure where u can find all the info.

7. Imo Mei is underpowered and under utilized. Lucio is the best healer. Reaper is devastating when played correctly and Genji maybe one of the three best characters in the game. Symmetra is hard to sum up. She fills a certain niche extremely well but she seems to lack sumthing imo. I like playing her tho.

Rell Shyt

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Been going symmetra a lot lately, she's better than she gets credit for :leon:

When a team tries to push through your choke point full of turrets it's :banderas:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Been going symmetra a lot lately, she's better than she gets credit for :leon:

When a team tries to push through your choke point full of turrets it's :banderas:
Symettra on console is funny as fukk because people just can't track you when you're up in their face melting them with the primary

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
2750 Comp rank, solo. Tell me how the fukk I tryhard every game go 8-2 in placement and get ranked at that? The fukk. I was averaging like 34 kills and had 3 games with 60+ elims. What the fukk... I placed 61 and got to 65 solo last season. How, Sway? How? Done with this game. PoE league starts. lol

edit:

Apparently this ugly ass rank is platinum.

MV2B0uU.jpg

Ranking_system.png

I'm fukking trash, bros.

Here are the rankings:

Bronze - 1-1499

Silver - 1500-1999

Gold - 2000-2499

Platinum - 2500-2999

Diamond - 3000-3499

Master - 3500-3999

Grandmaster - 4000-5000

I would love to try for at least master but you have to try super fukking hard in solo. I see the sort of improved MM. When the other team had 3 in a party, I also had 3 people in a party on my team. I play with voice off though so none of that really matters to me.

Last edited:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Won 7/10. Ranked 2751 platinum last night. Proceed to lose every match but 1 since my placements. I'm down to like 2400 something now. This shyt frustrating. Genii is God mode for ppl who know how to use him, McCree is useless....and everyone is angry all the time :mjlol: