Official Overwatch Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The main thing I disagree with on that list is Symettra

She's got the highest defensive win rate by far for a reason. Yeah, the teleport turns defensive points into wars of attrition (whereas most assault teams take the first point simply because of travel time advantage), but the turrets also section off entire approaches. Also a hard counter to Genji and Tracer in close quarters too. Anti-turret on assault as well.

Pharah should also be tier 2 as well because she MUST be hard-countered by picking a sniper. A Pharah allowed to roam free basically gimps the opposing team. Anyone that requires a hardcounter on the basis of something huge like fukking verticality is a powerful pick.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps

Game director Jeff Kaplan discusses Overwatch’s upcoming Competitive Play mode, giving players an overview of how it works and detailing development changes made since the beta based on player feedback. He also addresses several goals that Overwatch’s developers have for the system in the future.

Summary:

-MMR for players will be public and shown during a match

-MMR for entire team will be shown, lower MMR team stands to gain more

-Hoping to come out end of June

-Seasons last like "normal seasons" ~2.5 months, with down time in between

-Queuing as a team is possible

-Assault maps (Hanamura, Volskaya, etc) will be revamped a bit

-Sudden death will now be played on the same map, instead of a random capture point map

-Rewards: GOLDEN WEAPONS! (ex: Reinhardt golden hammer)

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Junkrat deaths annoy the hell out of me in this game. Something about how I die to that guy always pisses me off after I see the kill cam
Dude's a brain dead character. I actually wanna start using him solely to annoy other annoying players.
Yeah, the Pharah should also be tier 2 as well because she MUST be hard-countered by picking a sniper. A Pharah allowed to roam free basically gimps the opposing team. Anyone that requires a hardcounter on the basis of something huge like fukking verticality is a powerful pick.
Pharah is not that unstoppable tho. You can also counter her with turrets. Tho def not as effective, there's a good chance a turret is going to take out Pharah before she is able to take it out. Especially if it's in a spot that catches the player off guard. It's happened to me many times before :francis:

The fact that Pharah is a character that stays in the air makes her more of a target at times. Especially for ults like High Noon and all.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Dude's a brain dead character. I actually wanna start using him solely to annoy other annoying players.

Pharah is not that unstoppable tho. You can also counter her with turrets. Tho def not as effective, there's a good chance a turret is going to take out Pharah before she is able to take it out. Especially if it's in a spot that catches the player off guard. It's happened to me many times before :francis:

The fact that Pharah is a character that stays in the air makes her more of a target at times. Especially for ults like High Noon and all.
:dwillhuh: I've literally never been killed by High Noon as a Pharah

No one cares about turrets anymore. At least not if you got a real team, they're barely a speedbumb. There's a reason why Torb ain't shyt outside of solo queue. If Tracer, Genji, Reaper, Winston, or any of the rear pressing characters are on their job then turrets are free - especially for high damage poke characters like Pharah.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats

No one cares about turrets anymore. At least not if you got a real team, they're barely a speedbumb. There's a reason why Torb ain't shyt outside of solo queue. If Tracer, Genji, Reaper, Winston, or any of the rear pressing characters are on their job then turrets are free - especially for high damage poke characters like Pharah.
I got the worst luck with high noon as Pharah. I would fly up in the air and hear high noon almost immediately. Can't get out of the way quick enough :francis:

And I'm not saying turrets are a big problem anymore, just saying there's more of a chance they'll hit Pharah cuz she's in the air with less cover compared to others on the ground. You're the only target meaning the chance to focus all the damage on you as opposed to multiple targets on the ground.

Still not huge issues but Pharah being in the air does have its shortcomings at times :yeshrug:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I got the worst luck with high noon as Pharah. I would fly up in the air and hear high noon almost immediately. Can't get out of the way quick enough :francis:

And I'm not saying turrets are a big problem anymore, just saying there's more of a chance they'll hit Pharah cuz she's in the air with less cover compared to others on the ground. You're the only target meaning the chance to focus all the damage on you as opposed to multiple targets on the ground.

Still not huge issues but Pharah being in the air does have its shortcomings at times :yeshrug:
:jbhmm:

You might just be zooming in non-zoom areas

unless someone puts a turret in a complete nonsense spot I'm usually straight. The first part of Hanamura though - you gotta be EXTREMELY careful because all the vertical advantage there just means you have to thread needles with rockets through windows while turrets have range over the entire chokepoint

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I just started playing yesterday and when I play with torb I always have top damage and the most eliminations.... No exaggerating...I'm talking ALWAYS. dudes really must not be playing him right.

He's the easiest player to play with to me

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I just started playing yesterday and when I play with torb I always have top damage and the most eliminations.... No exaggerating...I'm talking ALWAYS. dudes really must not be playing him right.

He's the easiest player to play with to me
Its more of an indictment on the other team

If a torb leads the game in elimations, damage, or has a +40% kill participation, then the opposing team is simply fukking awful.