Official NOPE Thread

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
You typed all that shyt to say nothing and get respect from no one. Your judgement is ass breh. :laff:

Ahhh the typical “I’m unbothered yet responding to every word you say routine” then like a dweeb brags about internet chat board “respect” lmaoooooooooooo wtf

like I said and you read …a predictably contrived ass nikka fanning out and embarrassing himself intellectually over a contrived ass mediocre movie :russ: a match made in goofy nikka heaven

Let me repeat - I didn't even watch Nope until yesterday. I have never seen Us at all. So I'm obviously not a groupie.
When you watch the movie has nothing to do with your present groupie behavior nikka …stop babbling and try to make some damn sense for once

The rest of your bytching is incoherent and you didn't even understand my critiques of your position. It's becoming more and more clear why you didn't understand the movie either.
No competent retort happens when your POV has been reduced to gibberish … it’s becoming more and more clear that your lowbrow taste has led you to becoming enamored with a mediocre film and the insecurity I cause in identifying that has led you to engaging in this day long babble fest :dead:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
After the second watch I actually did finish it this time however I was still distracted at parts and missed out on key parts. I didnt see how JJ consumes people which I heard was the horrifying moment of the film. I really liked the direction of the film, it’s not easy to blend genres (western, horror, sci-fi with social undertones) as seamless as JP did. I really hope he continues to go in this direction because this movie I find superior to get out in a sense of the story telling. In modern movie era there’s too many films that are cookie cutter, on the nose and the director holds your hand to understand the plot. This style of directing is very David lynch and I admire that he’s challenging his audience or he doesn’t insult their intelligence by taking risks with films like this. Sure it’s a little dragged out, about 30 minutes could’ve been cut but I don’t mind a slow burn. I thought the alien was goofy and ridiculous looking initially but after looking into it, I really like the idea that extraterrestrials aren’t just the stereotypical superior intelligent grey people in a ship. Very plausible that it would be some apex that humans can outsmart. I could go on forever about what I liked because I respect artistry and concepts outside the box and this movie has that. Still haven’t seen a clear interpretation on the standing up shoe, but the subtle references made from anime to 90s sci fi is an incredible feat to pull off. I’m not knocking anyone for not liking this movie, especially since Hollywood has convinced us movies like these are lazy and filled with plot holes which it can be if you look at it that way.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Finally saw it

I will go with a 3/5

Very innovative design work. Very original and unique.

But the actual characters and the pace of the movie were lacking.

I will end up watching again just for the visuals, but I didn't like anyone in this as a character.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Y’all know the dad died from Jean Jacket right? I didn’t either but apparently in the beginning you can hear distant screams before OJ’s dad falls off the horse(the missing hikers) . Later in the film you see mad Coins scattered on the floor.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Finally saw it

I will go with a 3/5

Very innovative design work. Very original and unique.

But the actual characters and the pace of the movie were lacking.

I will end up watching again just for the visuals, but I didn't like anyone in this as a character.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i liked this one. he's 2/3 as far as i'm concerned. i still think Us fukkin sucked donkey balls, but this one was pretty good. 3.5/5

now if we're gonna start dragging Twilight Zone and other shyt into it, i guess i'm still not fully sold on Peele overall, but he's a different voice at least.