Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
Just finished it initial thoughts is it was ok. :ehh:

I enjoyed it more than "US".

But what was up with Daniel tho :what:

That nikka showed no emotion or personality throughout the whole movie. Keke was the star of the whole film to me. Jordan should of got another breh to play Daniel's role imo.

I just want to say that Akira reference was dope.

Acting performances were….odd. Keke Palmer was basically’Riley Freeman’ the entire movie…she had charisma, but was also annoying at times. Kaluuya was unusually flat. The story felt incomplete to me…almost as though huge pieces of the story were left on the cutting room floor that would’ve connected central threads in the story and made them make sense. I like Jordan Peele, but this wasn’t a great film at all. There was no sensible conclusion to anything I saw, and not enough background given to understand the motivation behind some stuff that happened. Well shot…but disappointing story to me.

:dahell: Y'all do understand the concept of characters in movies right? A quiet, stoic, shy farm breh is the character Daniel Kaluuya was playing. Y'all sounding like you expected him to be Fred Hampton again.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
:dahell: Y'all do understand the concept of characters in movies right? A quiet, stoic, shy farm breh is the character Daniel Kaluuya was playing. Y'all sounding like you expected him to be Fred Hampton again.

Well I wasn't expecting all that but he acted like he didn't want to be there. Iont want him to be extra but dude was sohh stone-faced.

Any character he interacted with he was straight:unimpressed:

I dunno maybe that's just me:manny:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn’t really impressed by this film but I’ll be back for his next film. This one just didn’t hit to me. It was a decent film I’d say average at best.
Hopefully most people have this same approach. Art aside, it's refreshing to have a new perspective in Hollywood that creates original shyt and can get a budget.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Acting performances were….odd. Keke Palmer was basically’Riley Freeman’ the entire movie…she had charisma, but was also annoying at times. Kaluuya was unusually flat. The story felt incomplete to me…almost as though huge pieces of the story were left on the cutting room floor that would’ve connected central threads in the story and made them make sense. I like Jordan Peele, but this wasn’t a great film at all. There was no sensible conclusion to anything I saw, and not enough background given to understand the motivation behind some stuff that happened. Well shot…but disappointing story to me.
Of course it was well shot. Hoyt van Hoytema the gawd

taker597

Superstar
Daps
The film felt very meta and subtle in it's meaning. So many themes that intersect.

You had tokenism, greed, generational entitlement, fame chasing, obsession, God complex, and proofism.

It was Moby dikk, Jaws, and Close Encounters rolled into one.

A very good film, but not great. 8.5/10

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Nah man i don’t think he was told to act like that. I think he was just bored the whole time they shot the movie :mjgrin:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I really wish they added a simple scene where they try admit they are in over their heads and report it to the authorities. Yet, they simply do nothing. They are forced to get proof themselves and will profit off it as well. So, it has more finality to decision they make and more logically evened out the 3rd act.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
So... Let's talk about Steven's character.

Steven developed a God Complex from the traumatic Gordy incident.

He builds the park or finds the Alien...

He been feeding it this whole time try to turn it into an attraction.

It explains the quote from the beginning.

It explains why Steven gave him that weird look about buying his horses back

It's why he has a weird ass room filled with memorabilia from the incident.

So... How long has he been feeding it horses?

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Decent flick. Loved Keke's performance. Kaluuya could have been a bit more emotional at times but it didn't take away from the movie. Whoever does the music for these movies :salute:the way they chopped the "I wear my sunglasses at night" song is so creepy yet so dope at the same time.

The ending, Jean Jacket's transformation in particular, confused the hell out of me. Why did it change shape? Was it trying to intimidate them when it "released" itself on the house and surrounding area? Hearing all of those voices :sadcam: I guess it didn't help that I dozed off for 5 mins at the beginning of the third act lol.

It's def something I need to watch it again to "get". I can admit that I can't gauge meaning, tropes, understanding, etc as quickly as most. I need my hand held sometimes :manny: