Official NOPE Thread

Daps
Saw it last night. Average at best, LOT of dumb shyt happened in this movie. nikkas being more concerned about a horse than fukking aliens, strange character motivations, old nikka getting killed by a fukking falling quarter, random monkey subplot that has ZERO purpose, alien randomly goes super saiyan 3 at the end, etc. Despite the films issues, people will eat it up because of WHO made it, just like the new Kendrick Album. Jordan Peele is the most overrated director in Hollywood.

Keke Palmer is a decent actress but she had to work with stereotypical lines. Despite that, she would've been a much more engaging lead than Daniel K, who seemingly had ONE mood the entire film. Im Never watching this again.

Side note, we were like 20 minutes into the movie and nikkas were STILL coming into the theater, maybe this is a Baltimore thing but black people STAY showing up late and leaving early during movies.

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Anybody got a link? I’m not opposed to supporting but I just don’t have time to go to the theater
I've been looking a cam all weekend, ain't found one yet

i guess I just be settling in my old age. I don't need explanations any more than I need an origin story. They tend to be boring and uninteresting. This movie was long enough as it was. Just make it interesting

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
It was still a good movie if you're not into the secondary meaning of it all. That might be the part I dug the most where if you didn't want to think super deep it was still a pretty good time.......I think it was more of a western than a horror movie now that I think about it.
That wasn't super deep thinking tho
It was obvious

If they show you a repeated scenes of something seemingly unrelated to the plot
And then they pretty much drop it in front of you with the whole point of juniors character in the film hosting the show
And even dude says

"Junior thought he could tame it...you gotta come to an agreement."

And then all the previous shyt with the monkey doesn't click in your brain?

:gucci:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it last night. Average at best, LOT of dumb shyt happened in this movie. nikkas being more concerned about a horse than fukking aliens, strange character motivations, old nikka getting killed by a fukking falling quarter, random monkey subplot that has ZERO purpose, alien randomly goes super saiyan 3 at the end, etc. Despite the films issues, people will eat it up because of WHO made it, just like the new Kendrick Album. Jordan Peele is the most overrated director in Hollywood.

Keke Palmer is a decent actress but she had to work with stereotypical lines. Despite that, she would've been a much more engaging lead than Daniel K, who seemingly had ONE mood the entire film. Im Never watching this again.

Side note, we were like 20 minutes into the movie and nikkas were STILL coming into the theater, maybe this is a Baltimore thing but black people STAY showing up late and leaving early during movies.
I'm sorry but this is a terrible analysis, you might need to re-watch the film, it seems you missed ALOT. And you have the audacity to call Peele overrated when you can't even grasp simple concepts in the movie. Smh. Not understanding the moneky's involvement in the movie tells me it went over your head, and this is a pretty straightforward film.

Last edited:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That wasn't super deep thinking tho
It was obvious

If they show you a repeated scenes of something seemingly unrelated to the plot
And then they pretty much drop it in front of you with the whole point of juniors character in the film hosting the show
And even dude says

"Junior thought he could tame it...you gotta come to an agreement."

And then all the previous shyt with the monkey doesn't click in your brain?

:gucci:
nikkas need their hands held and everything explicitly explained to them. I can't even imagine how they would react to a Kubrick film and this is nowhere near as ambiguous, it's straightforward as fukk

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Keke was by far the most charismatic of the bunch in the film. You earned that WOAT banner. :mjlol:

I got the woat banner by white boys creating fake profiles to rig the vote also i was #2nd in the goat votes in the same forum

The movie fukkn sucked….”most charismatic”

Its a fukkn sci fi film not a romantic comedy

If m night made this shyt u would shyt on it…not my fault kaluuya had a mono tone ass speech in this

Last edited:
Daps
I'm sorry but this is a terrible analysis, you might need to re-watch the film, it seems you missed ALOT. And you have the audacity to call Peele overrated when you can't even grasp simple concepts in the movie. Smh. Not understanding the moneky's involvement in the movie tells me it went over your head, and this is a pretty straightforward film.
Then explain it, genius.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will the the only thing i didnt like was
how they kept the alien from eating them. I mean all you gotta do is close your eyes or look away? Its not really even a threat at that point then. And it didnt make sense because horses running away dont sit n stare at the sky, so why did it eat them? I think it should have been able to beam anyone up if exposed out in the open

Daps
I will the the only thing i didnt like was
how they kept the alien from eating them. I mean all you gotta do is close your eyes or look away? Its not really even a threat at that point then. And it didnt make sense because horses running away dont sit n stare at the sky, so why did it eat them? I think it should have been able to beam anyone up if exposed out in the open
Imagine if lions could only eat things that made eye contact with them. :lolbron:

Nonsensical.