Official NFT Thread

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I wanna make my own NFT either a trading card or something like a NFT video game. Something interactive to create a community.
:myman:

I have an idea based on some retro scifi themes.
Either a full out megaman style game or a customizable card battle game.

I could be art direction and game design.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Cool thread OP

NFTs been popping for a while, especially around January 2021 things got crazy money wise. I was surprised nobody made an NFT thread.

Question:

one thing that makes it to me seem hard to get into is this, the different type of platforms. I am not able to tell why I’d pick Ethereum over Solana for example. The info I find is usually focused on the cost to the environment. But what factors do you look at when selecting a platform and why does it even matter if the focus is buying NFTs and selling them for more expensive?

Second question: do you think a) this is a bubble that will burst and the value of NFTs will come down drastically or b) this is the new reality, isn’t going anywhere, will be mainstream in a few years?

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Not sure how these may differ from Top Shots but hopefully it's a smoother purchasing process. I think the nba is partnered with top shot for authenticity so who knows if these will be accepted without any issues.

Seperate projects on different blockchains. But TopShots (Flow Blockchain) does have more authenticity here being NBA partnered.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Cool thread OP

NFTs been popping for a while, especially around January 2021 things got crazy money wise. I was surprised nobody made an NFT thread.

Question:

one thing that makes it to me seem hard to get into is this, the different type of platforms. I am not able to tell why I’d pick Ethereum over Solana for example. The info I find is usually focused on the cost to the environment. But what factors do you look at when selecting a platform and why does it even matter if the focus is buying NFTs and selling them for more expensive?

Second question: do you think a) this is a bubble that will burst and the value of NFTs will come down drastically or b) this is the new reality, isn’t going anywhere, will be mainstream in a few years?

1st Question: Its the different technology inherent to each chain that solve the dilemma of scalability, security and decentralization. Solana is proof of stake and proof of history as well as other innovations that make it competitive with Ethereum.
Short answer: Solana is faster and with fewer fees.
There is even a Wormhole function that allows projects to move between each chain.
I paid $200 in gas fees for a $60 NFT on Ethereum. Gas fees on Solana are 0.00005 or something like that.

Long Answer: For specific chains, each has it's own answer to the Impossible Triangle, which is balancing scalability, security and decentralization. Ethereum for example is proof of work, moving to proof of stake, and has issues with scalability. Which is why gas fees skyrocket when the blockchain is congested. I'm doing broad strokes but this is the real issue blockchains are trying to settle. Algo, Matic, Elrond and a few others use ZK Rollups, or Sidechains to solve the scalability issue, which affects how the blockchain stores and retrieves data. I'm so bullish on Solana because of it's innovations in this area and the resulting transaction speeds.

Here is Solana's Proof of History explained

SideNote: Solana uses Arweave for data storage. You may want to look into that coin as Solana's NFT market heats up.

2nd Question: I see NFT's being here to stay. This is the second NFT wave we've had this year only a few months apart from the first major wave from Beeple's record setting sale. When you actually look at these communities, people are extremely passionate about the space and are long term investors by nature. Art is a huge industry and NFTs are looking into branching into the gaming industry, which is currently larger than sports. The technology is still new but the ultimate form of NFTs IMO, would be a Triple A game, like Grand Theft Auto, being play to earn; maybe even VR too.

Currently, people in third world countries are earning a living by playing NFT games like AXIE Infinity. People NEED this technology. I think and hope Play 2 Earn becomes mainstream somehow.

We are moving into a time in human history where we will have humans born in the time of the smart phone, we will run out of people born before the modern internet. Monetization of digital property via social media is already the present. Internet technologies and digital ownership is the future. You could ask why aren't more people minting memes in order to monetize going viral? Is it necessary to mint a youtube video if your already making viewer money?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NFT bubble has popped and will pop many more times imo

But that's what growth looks like. I think shyt was too wild earlier this year honestly.

These things need a while to build actual value and not just exorbitant prices for troll purposes

It took 50+ years for the first issue of Spider-Man to be worth a million dollars

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
RIB drop was this Friday .

people that pulled Iverson,Shaq,Wade or Bron are eating

nikkas that pulled Morris Peterson or Quentin Richardson…:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
NFT bubble has popped and will pop many more times imo

But that's what growth looks like. I think shyt was too wild earlier this year honestly.

These things need a while to build actual value and not just exorbitant prices for troll purposes

It took 50+ years for the first issue of Spider-Man to be worth a million dollars

That my issue with this whole thing the reason spider man is worth that much is because it was an item with history and nobody knew it would be that much.

Alot of these NFTs have a presumed value with no real story or history. A few will be worth money down the line that made records early on like the apes but 99.9% will not.

If your buying one because you want to flex and have it as your social media avatar fair enough but otherwise I think alot of people are going to be left disappointed