Essential Official Netflix Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Headhunters

Headhuntersposter.jpg

:ooh:

9/10 and it marks the first time I've seen a Norwegian flick. Only gave it a shot because I saw Jaime Lannister on the cover (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau).

shyt has some twisted humor :scusthov: you'll know when you see it. Watch it, brehs!

Dope flick, watched last night

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I'm trying to get through Twin Peaks....boy oh boy. People said it loses steam in the second season, but cot damn, I can barely finish this. Season 1 is eight episodes and I went through that with the quickness. Season 2 had the nerve to be twenty-two episodes, but the main plot of the entire series is solved in episode nine....:why:

I'm not on episode eighteen and struggling to watch more than 20 minutes at a time.

And there is a prequel movie after this....:usure:

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
I'm trying to get through Twin Peaks....boy oh boy. People said it loses steam in the second season, but cot damn, I can barely finish this. Season 1 is eight episodes and I went through that with the quickness. Season 2 had the nerve to be twenty-two episodes, but the main plot of the entire series is solved in episode nine....:why:

I'm not on episode eighteen and struggling to watch more than 20 minutes at a time.

And there is a prequel movie after this....:usure:

is the first season worth watching?

and does it end in a way that makes you have to watch the second season? or is everything wrapped up by the end..

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
is the first season worth watching?

and does it end in a way that makes you have to watch the second season? or is everything wrapped up by the end..

The first season is great....hell, up until episode 9 of season two the show is great. It's just that after that, this has turned into a drag. I've heard that the end is very satisfying, but like I said, it's a struggle to get to it.

Twin Peaks is essentially a satire/parody of 90's soap operas, but with strange mystic elements, comedy elements, romance, conspiracy, backstabbing....and it's made by David Lynch.

It's a slow burner, don't go into it thinking it's a science fiction program, or that it's some detective mystery...it has those elements but it's much stranger.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Just started watching this
Salute_poster.jpg

Should be interesting and this is one of my favorite pictures ever.

Australian doc and seems to focus on the white cat on the podium and racism in Australia. Never knew the Aussies got down like that based on the way everyone treated me when I was there, especially the women.

*EDIT*
:ohlawd:
This shyt is piff. I was wrong, it focuses almost equally on the 3 men but since its australian made, peter norman does get most of the shine. Discussed everything leading up to the race and the raising of the fists.

And of course the fallout from it. It reminded me of a thread I read on here a few months back

Bizarre Protest by Smith, Carlos Tarnishes Medals
by Brent Musburger

MEXICO CITY-Tommie Smith and John Carlos must be labeled unimaginative blokes if they can't come up with a stronger and more effective protest than the one they staged her last night during the Olympic medal ceremony honoring their accomplishments in the 200-meter run.

Smith and Carlos looked like a couple of black-skinned storm troopers, holding aloft their black-gloved hands during the playing of the National Anthem. They sprinkled their symbolism with black track shoes and black scarfs and black power medals. It's destined to go down as the most unsubtle demonstration in the history of protest.

But you've got to give Smith and Carlos credit for one thing. They knew how to deliver whatever it was they were trying to deliver on international television, thus insuring maximum embarrassment for the country that is picking up the tab for their room and board here in Mexico City. One gets a little tired of having the United States run down by athletes who are enjoying themselves at the expense of their country.

Protesting and working constructively against racism in the United States is one thing, but airing one's dirty clothing before the entire world during a fun and games tournament was no more than a juvenile gesture by a couple of athletes who should have known better.

If Smith and Carlos were convinced that the ends justified their black power demonstration during the National Anthem, they should have avoided the award ceremony altogether. If it's true, as Hayes Jones says, that an athlete competes for himself but walks to the stand for his country, then a more courageous protest would have been for Smith and Carlos simply to stay away and not pick up their medals.

Their ignoble performance on the victory stand completely overshadowed a magnificent performance by two black athletes. It's a shame. Smith will not now be remembered as that splendid runner who so thoroughly demolished the world's record that he ran the last 10 yards with both arms held high in triumph over his head as he crashed through the finish line in the fantastic time of 19.8.

He will instead be remembered as the militant black who shook a black glove and black track shoe during the playing of the National Anthem. It hardly seems on the level with his first accomplishment, and it did absolutely nothing to relax racial tensions any place.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Any Anime recommendations, I've seen the FMA series, darker then black, and a couple others. So any recommendations along those lines would be helpful.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
The Thing (Carpenter, 82)

Seen it before, decided to give it another go considering the time of year. Still holds up well, great performances all around (Given the little time for characterization) and still just as suspensful as the first time I saw it (The scene when Mac is testing everyone...sooo much tension) :

(Don't watch if you've never seen the film before)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DITEd2ltIc]Formalist Cinema - Blood Test Sequence from THE THING [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

The talking point is of course the practical effects....still hold up to this day. In 20 years this will still feel real...meanwhile a movie like Avatar is already looking :flabbynsick:.

If you've never seen it, I'd suggest watching it tonight, or tomorrow, assuming you have no Halloween plans.

Anyone ever seen the 2011 prequel? Bad reviews, but I'm considering giving it a go anyways. Not on netflix, and I don't do rentals so....:scheme:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The Thing (Carpenter, 82)

Seen it before, decided to give it another go considering the time of year. Still holds up well, great performances all around (Given the little time for characterization) and still just as suspensful as the first time I saw it (The scene when Mac is testing everyone...sooo much tension) :

(Don't watch if you've never seen the film before)
Formalist Cinema - Blood Test Sequence from THE THING [HD] - YouTube

The talking point is of course the practical effects....still hold up to this day. In 20 years this will still feel real...meanwhile a movie like Avatar is already looking :flabbynsick:.

If you've never seen it, I'd suggest watching it tonight, or tomorrow, assuming you have no Halloween plans.

Anyone ever seen the 2011 prequel? Bad reviews, but I'm considering giving it a go anyways. Not on netflix, and I don't do rentals so....:scheme:

I've seen the prequel. It's underwhelming but not unwatchable. We were promised animatronics but most of if not all of the thing and it's transformation/assimilation scenes looked like CGI :shaq2:

It connects well and sets up the 1982 version great.

I definitely wouldn't spend any kind of money to watch it, I went to the movies to view it and left a bit irritated. I should have waited for a DL.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I've seen the prequel. It's underwhelming but not unwatchable. We were promised animatronics but most of if not all of the thing and it's transformation/assimilation scenes looked like CGI :shaq2:

It connects well and sets up the 1982 version great.

I definitely wouldn't spend any kind of money to watch it, I went to the movies to view it and left a bit irritated. I should have waited for a DL.

Cool breh, thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a try.

At the very least, Mary E. Winstead got some big melons....:wow: