Essential Official Netflix Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i don't know the inner workings of things, but it makes no sense to me that literally every old movie isn't on netflix or amazon. i guess hulu is a player too, but wouldn't old forgotton movies benefit from being on Netflix? why is it on Halloween, the only "Halloween" movie i can get on netflix is one from 1995 with Paul Rudd? Is it not as beneficial as i think it is to have your shyt on netflix? they're great with tv for the most part, but the movies still blow. I mean, you have Avengers - one of the biggest movies of all time, then a bunch of crap and old comedies. How the hell did they even get Avengers? I shouldn't be impressed when Django Unchained hits Netflix.

... but it's only $8 so im bytching too much

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
i don't know the inner workings of things, but it makes no sense to me that literally every old movie isn't on netflix or amazon. i guess hulu is a player too, but wouldn't old forgotton movies benefit from being on Netflix? why is it on Halloween, the only "Halloween" movie i can get on netflix is one from 1995 with Paul Rudd? Is it not as beneficial as i think it is to have your shyt on netflix? they're great with tv for the most part, but the movies still blow. I mean, you have Avengers - one of the biggest movies of all time, then a bunch of crap and old comedies. How the hell did they even get Avengers? I shouldn't be impressed when Django Unchained hits Netflix.

... but it's only $8 so im bytching too much
Every studio with a nice collection of classics is waiting for a call from Netflix or Amazon. Back in the day when Netflix came calling it was no sweat to pay a few million for a studios top selection.. studios were like :ehh: go ahead and stream our old sh*t.. But when Netflix blew up studios were like :dwillhuh::ohhh::whoo::feedme:now it cost damn near ten times what they were paying to get content from studios. That sh*t ain't cheap anymore. If ya'll recall It was only like four years ago that all of Starz Channel content was on Netflix:noah:. When the contract ended and Netflix became a household name they said we f*cked up, we should've charged them double than what they paid for our sh*t. When it was time to re-up Starz wanted like $200-300 million for their content. Netflix said :damn::shaq2::pacspit:.. Other studios started doing the same sh*t. That's when the ideal to make their own content came up. :smugbiden:But if ya'll want that piff back up again, that $8 bucks a month will balloon to $15 bucks a month in a heartbeat.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I'd gladly pay $15 a month if they ended the ridiculous dvd plan and just made everything streaming. a lot of times i search for a movie and it's available on dvd, not streaming. can't believe enough people are paying that to keep that profitable. im sure that will be dead within 2 years

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
damn i havent been on netflix in a hot minute
HBO GO been the MVP recently
watching all the Real Sports joints :banderas:

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
Every studio with a nice collection of classics is waiting for a call from Netflix or Amazon. Back in the day when Netflix came calling it was no sweat to pay a few million for a studios top selection.. studios were like :ehh: go ahead and stream our old sh*t.. But when Netflix blew up studios were like :dwillhuh::ohhh::whoo::feedme:now it cost damn near ten times what they were paying to get content from studios. That sh*t ain't cheap anymore. If ya'll recall It was only like four years ago that all of Starz Channel content was on Netflix:noah:. When the contract ended and Netflix became a household name they said we f*cked up, we should've charged them double than what they paid for our sh*t. When it was time to re-up Starz wanted like $200-300 million for their content. Netflix said :damn::shaq2::pacspit:.. Other studios started doing the same sh*t. That's when the ideal to make their own content came up. :smugbiden:But if ya'll want that piff back up again, that $8 bucks a month will balloon to $15 bucks a month in a heartbeat.

I'd gladly pay $15 a month if they ended the ridiculous dvd plan and just made everything streaming. a lot of times i search for a movie and it's available on dvd, not streaming. can't believe enough people are paying that to keep that profitable. im sure that will be dead within 2 years

they will have to eventually starts charging more than $8 and it will still be worth it

as for the DVD option thats actually a problem with the movie studios, since they sell streaming and rentals contracts separately

inthebushes

Dont Hate Participate
Daps
Reppin
Byrd Gang
So much new piff this month:blessed: Gotta check out Dumb and Dumber, Kingpin, and Total Recall again, haven't seen them in years.:mjcry:

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
Netflix is adapting popular book series A Series of Unfortunate Events into an original series.

lemony-snicket_612x380.jpg

The streaming service has acquired the rights to produce a new series based on the 13 best-selling novels published from 1999 to 2006 and written by Lemony Snicket,the pen name of author Daniel Handler.

Paramount Television, the TV arm of Paramount — the studio behind the 2004 feature that starred Jim Carrey, Meryl Streep and Jude Law — will produce the series in association with Netflix. Handler will serve as an executive producer.

A Series of Unfortunate Events tells the tale of orphaned children Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire at the hands of the villainous Count Olaf, as they face trials and tribulations, misfortunes and an evil uncle in search of their fortune, all in their quest to uncover the secret of their parents' death. More than 65 million copies have been sold in the series, which has been translated into 43 languages and spawned board games, card games, video games and albums.

“On the search for fantastic material that appeals to both parents and kids, the first stop for generations of readers is A Series of Unfortunate Events. We are proud to start work on a series for a global audience that already loves the books," said Cindy Holland, vp original content for Netflix. “The world created by Lemony Snicket is unique, darkly funny, and relatable. We can’t wait to bring it to life for Netflix members.”

“I can’t believe it,” Snicket said from an undisclosed location. "After years of providing top-quality entertainment on demand, Netflix is risking its reputation and its success by associating itself with my dismaying and upsetting books."

Netflix has been ramping up its scripted portfolio as of late, recently ordering Madagascar spinoff All Hail King Julien and Richie Rich from AwesomenessTV. Upcoming series hitting the service over the next several months include its ambitious team-up with Marvel (Daredevil will be the first to premiere), Marco Polo and Bloodline, among others.

A Series of Unfortunate Events is just the latest property to be adapted into a series, a move that has become increasingly commonplace as networks and creatives seek titles with established fan bases in an ever-evolving TV landscape. Other titles getting the adaptation treatment include Archie, In the Heat of the Night, Twin Peaks and Big.

AJW

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Berkshire, England
Watched Indie Game: The Movie last night. Dope documentary. I'm not a huge gamer (loved it as a kid and play casually now) and I still enjoyed it, you don't have to be in to video games to enjoy. The dude who made 'Braid' is a nutcase :wow: and the Fex dude ain't far off either, when he was dishing out death threats to his old business partner :merchant: