Official NBA Summer League Thread

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Therein lies the problem. The inability to create his own shot.

I mean Bron basically created a role player for himself lol. He basically just needs to be able to hit open shots and play defense. My only point is he did not look completely out of place in the game.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lakers should be more worried about Dalton shooting terrible. He’s the guy that they actually need to stretch the floor, and he’s already 23 so there’s no upside there.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It got dark on Josh Christopher career pretty fast, he better develop a corner 3
shyt happened quick for a few of those Houston guys.

Kmart son needs a productive year with the Sixers.
I mean he did not look terrible, he was able to get open shots and create for himself in the mid range. If he had gone 7-9 instead of 2-9 the hype train would be taking off
Nearly all of his shots were good looks.

As a pro you have to take advantage of them when you're not much of a playmaker.

Needs a good game tomorrow or the pressure will increase for the breh.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
It was funny hearing cats throw out names to compare him to.

Jrue, Pat Bev, Marcus Smart, Russ, Jimmy, Lavine, etc.

But what had me :dead: was when Marc Spears read Bronny's scouting report and it said "a poor man's Davion Mitchell" then we had to hear Ramona and others try to spin the comparison.

In reality it was lowkey disrespectful to Mitchell. He was an All-American, National DPOTY and National Champion at Baylor while playing in arguably the toughest conference in the country.

All those guys Bronny is being compared to has been that guy at the HS and/or College level. Or at least shown flashes. We've haven't seen that with him.

Honestly, it's more of an indictment on Bron than it is Bronny. It's okay if he doesn't have everything figured out at 19, but it's not fair to him if they speed through the process. So far, the path that has been taken is showing that it is not about Bronny developing into a quality NBA player, but to get Bron another milestone.

It’s why I keep ansking the question why does Bronny HAVE to play in the NBA? It’s not like when I was coming up and we were obsessed with the game, but were also trying to use it as a vehicle out of our circumstances. Bronny isn’t trying to leave the hood or buy his momma a house. That’s not to say he can’t love the game, but I know the uncompromising nature of it all is coming from LeBron.

All this shyt all to serve LeBron’s ego, which is why it feels so weird and awkward. Like, I know LeBron loves his son. At least, I think he does. However, why is he so comfortable with using his son as an ends to a means like this? He’s using him as a some kind of fukked up prop to accomplish a goal that is not going to be some amazing legacy enhancing feat. It’s orchestrated bullshyt. Trying to Nico Ali Walsh your way into the NBA is crazy. :wow:

Moreover, didn’t this dude literally die last year and had to be resuscitated on the court at practice? I hate to make the comparison, but Jordan owned his own team and never did any goofy shyt with trying to FORCE his kids into the league—even though Marcus Jordan was lowkey better than Bronny is.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
shyt happened quick for a few of those Houston guys.

Kmart son needs a productive year with the Sixers.

Nearly all of his shots were good looks.

As a pro you have to take advantage of them when you're not much of a playmaker.

Needs a good game tomorrow or the pressure will increase for the breh.
That's Bronny's biggest strength. He has a great feel of the game and doesn't force the issue. He needs to work on his shooting. Like I said earlier. The skillset is clearly there. He is just undersized.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Therein lies the problem. The inability to create his own shot.

He did create his own shot though. He just didn't make them.
lol sometimes I feel like people say things even tho they didn’t watch the game. It’s what they think sounds good

There’s def plenty to be skeptical of with Bronnys game, but at least in this game he was able to create a good amount of space and get shots off