Official NBA Summer League Thread

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
lol sometimes I feel like people say things even tho they didn’t watch the game. It’s what they think sounds good

There’s def plenty to be skeptical of with Bronnys game, but at least in this game he was able to create a good amount of space and get shots off
They don't. They just run with narratives. If you want intellectual basketball discussion. This aint the site to be at.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That's Bronny's biggest strength. He has a great feel of the game and doesn't force the issue. He needs to work on his shooting. Like I said earlier. The skillset is clearly there. He is just undersized.
I still dont know why the shooting is so bad. I mean I get it in situations where he has to create space. However, he's gotta knock down these open looks or routine pull ups. Breh even missed his fts.

Thats the other thing. You can be short, but you gotta be able to get to the rim and finish. Especially when the jumper is not there. As a guard a couple layups changes the outlook on the shot attempts. 2 more layups and you're 4/11. Still not great, but it just feels better and know a quick turnaround can be near. 2/9 and shyt start messing with your head. He's gotta seize the moments there's a chance to get to the rim and get easy points.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The good thing about it it’s Summer League then preseason he got time to adjust. The NBA much faster than anything he probably ever played in. He’ll be alright it’s just going to take some time.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I still dont know why the shooting is so bad. I mean I get it in situations where he has to create space. However, he's gotta knock down these open looks or routine pull ups. Breh even missed his fts.

Thats the other thing. You can be short, but you gotta be able to get to the rim and finish. Especially when the jumper is not there. As a guard a couple layups changes the outlook on the shot attempts. 2 more layups and you're 4/11. Still not great, but it just feels better and know a quick turnaround can be near. 2/9 and shyt start messing with your head. He's gotta seize the moments there's a chance to get to the rim and get easy points.
He has the athleticism to get to the rim.. I have no idea why he doesn’t try and utilize it more

His height maybe makes him tentative about attacking when there’s opportunity or something.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This will be a good case study. How many talented players that didn't make the league because a team never developed them.

Bronny landed in a situation, where the team will make a all out effort to develop a prospect.

And I don't see him going to the G-League no matter what. He would occupy the last roster spot since those players don't get any PT. LeBron probably feels, he would develop faster in practice.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He has the athleticism to get to the rim.. I have no idea why he doesn’t try and utilize it more

His height maybe makes him tentative about attacking when there’s opportunity or something.
Nobody expects him to be LeBron obviously.

However, LeBron's greatest gift (driving to the riim) might be his worst skill. Thats why I agree with Rob telling him he's too athletic to not get into the paint. Even if its just to get there and work on jump passes to dump it off to other teammates.

Hoping the shooting is just tired legs since every shot was short. However, going to the rim is an attitude thing. Getting to the FT always helps guards confidence.
Why is JJ Redikk not coaching summer league?
He said he was trying to get his coaching staff together during this time.

However, yea I dont get why he'd miss out on the experience. Better than letting all your recent draft picks sit most of the 4th. Need to be trying to get Knecht ready to play now. He'll be 24 by next years playoffs...if he's not ready he could get lost in the shuffle.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This will be a good case study. How many talented players that didn't make the league because a team never developed them.

Bronny landed in a situation, where the team will make a all out effort to develop a prospect.

And I don't see him going to the G-League no matter what. He would occupy the last roster spot since those players don't get any PT. LeBron probably feels, he would develop faster in practice.
Hope Bron is right. I just wonder if he's too naive of his son's mentality to drift/be passive. I think he needs to have confidence reps/being fearless reps to truly improve. And that comes with game reps (G League).

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
It’s why I keep ansking the question why does Bronny HAVE to play in the NBA? It’s not like when I was coming up and we were obsessed with the game, but were also trying to use it as a vehicle out of our circumstances. Bronny isn’t trying to leave the hood or buy his momma a house. That’s not to say he can’t love the game, but I know the uncompromising nature of it all is coming from LeBron.

All this shyt all to serve LeBron’s ego, which is why it feels so weird and awkward. Like, I know LeBron loves his son. At least, I think he does. However, why is he so comfortable with using his son as an ends to a means like this? He’s using him as a some kind of fukked up prop to accomplish a goal that is not going to be some amazing legacy enhancing feat. It’s orchestrated bullshyt. Trying to Nico Ali Walsh your way into the NBA is crazy. :wow:

Moreover, didn’t this dude literally die last year and had to be resuscitated on the court at practice? I hate to make the comparison, but Jordan owned his own team and never did any goofy shyt with trying to FORCE his kids into the league—even though Marcus Jordan was lowkey better than Bronny is.
Because next year's class is supposed to be a problem.