Official NBA Live 18 Thread

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U been able to do this in 2K for 5 years :yeshrug:
But you were not allowed to play 5 v 5 on your court which was so stupid. supposedly live 19 you can invite people to your court and play 5 v 5 with friends. in addition, you can save multiple court setups. which means you can switch between them. you could never do that in 2k.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
FOr Live to truly be the greatest Basketball game they need to conpletely improve the shytty, floaty dribbling and movement mechanics, just terrrible.

Secondly, Association mode needs the ability to create teams, easier trades (i tried trading lots of players but the CPU rejects, where as in 2K itll work. Remember this is game, add trade override because it made me say fukk this mode)

Add player lock like in 2K for all modes.

Add a create a draft class and download draft class like 2K, its retarded how they just didnt add things their competition has and makes their game replayable.

Improve body type and graphics.

The one thing i give live is that they have the ESPN scoreboard, imagine that with better gameplay and graphics

NBA Live 20 better have all of this, i doubt 19 does.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I've played about 20 or so Live 18 games, here are the things they need to fix:

- 98% of blocked shots go out of bounds

- The ball physics are awful. There's been countless times where the ball would go over the CPU's head full speed yet never go out of bounds. Also the ball hits the rim and automatically goes out no matter what. I've never seen any lucky bounces or just bounces where the ball goes around then rolls off.

- Shots from full or half court always hit the rim and never not

- Dribbling needs more control and signature moves

- There's too much scripted ankle breaking animations. Players flying 5 feet away off one dribble move is fake af and annoying

- Commentary sounds boring af like they're reading off a paper. I think they need a new team entirely or a rotation like 2K

- Still a lot of "skating" by players. Movements robotic

- A lot of shyt not being called fouls. You can literally cobbler someone headed to the hole and you'll get no call.

- Players jumping too damn high off of dunks and dunks that make no sense to how the player is moving. Brehs doing a 360 dunk in traffic after getting a running start from the free throw line :gucci:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
I've played about 20 or so Live 18 games, here are the things they need to fix:

- 98% of blocked shots go out of bounds

- The ball physics are awful. There's been countless times where the ball would go over the CPU's head full speed yet never go out of bounds. Also the ball hits the rim and automatically goes out no matter what. I've never seen any lucky bounces or just bounces where the ball goes around then rolls off.

- Shots from full or half court always hit the rim and never not

- Dribbling needs more control and signature moves

- There's too much scripted ankle breaking animations. Players flying 5 feet away off one dribble move is fake af and annoying

- Commentary sounds boring af like they're reading off a paper. I think they need a new team entirely or a rotation like 2K

- Still a lot of "skating" by players. Movements robotic

- A lot of shyt not being called fouls. You can literally cobbler someone headed to the hole and you'll get no call.

- Players jumping too damn high off of dunks and dunks that make no sense to how the player is moving. Brehs doing a 360 dunk in traffic after getting a running start from the free throw line :gucci:
Agreed

Lets give them until Live 20.

More fast paced, responsive movements, better body types, graphics, more options in modes, draft classes.

And i would like to see Shannon Sharpe, Skip, Stephen A, Max Kellerman in the later Live games to make it interesting.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: :mjcry: Servers been down for two weeks now on X1

I called EA yesterday and they gave me the :yeshrug:
people like complaining about 2K but they are about to learn that Live has bunch of issues as well, slow on updates..etc.

I live the improvement they did this year but their whole marketing has been courts lol. They should be working fully on their modes since their gameplay isn't up to par but franchise mode, LUT is mediocre.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
people like complaining about 2K but they are about to learn that Live has bunch of issues as well, slow on updates..etc.

I live the improvement they did this year but their whole marketing has been courts lol. They should be working fully on their modes since their gameplay isn't up to par but franchise mode, LUT is mediocre.

Breh, 2k is in need of competition

I was a LIve dude til 2k11 and I rocked that MyPlayer to last year

In the span of 2 months I played 2k14, 2k15, 2k16 and 2k17

The game looks better and is bloated

Live 18 (Though I haven't played in two weeks) is a fun game and does some things better than 2k

I'll give them til Live 2020 is be legit

But, the Xbox servers being down like this is inexcusible

I'd get a refund if the game wasn't $5