Official Nas Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

"New York, New York...New York, New York...New York, New York " :wow:

Does Nas perform this track a lot? Seems like many people don't know about it. I run into folks who only know Hate Me Now and Nas Is Like from I Am. Then I play them this track and they're blown away. It's fire and should be a staple of live shows.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

Not hip-hop but I was listening to a dance compilation last night and this came on. The Nas sample (only appears once) and slight reworking of If I Ruled the World had me :lawd:

Esco

Rich & Black
Daps
Does Nas perform this track a lot? Seems like many people don't know about it. I run into folks who only know Hate Me Now and Nas Is Like from I Am. Then I play them this track and they're blown away. It's fire and should be a staple of live shows.
I've only been to one Nas concert and he didn't perform this song. Also, I've noticed a lot of classic songs, especially those from 'I Am' don't get talked about, like Ghetto Prisoners, Undying Love, Favor for A Favor, and Small World.

Real Nas heads know he has plenty of classic songs from albums other than Illmatic, It Was Written and Stillmatic

Daps
I swear y'all read way too much into way too little. Nas has dropped a couple handfulls of dope features in the last year, year and a half. None show any signs of a fall off nor disinterest. He's constantly doing shows and obviously has many other ventures...I remember cats saying he wasn't on jay level cuz he wasn't business minded lol. From what I hear he's doing quite well. And I say good for him!

Records don't sell at all anymore, so he needs to get his paper any way he can and pleases. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

His catalog is timeless and not a week goes by that I don't listen to Nas in some capacity. He's got a ton of unreleased music...hundreds and hundreds of songs. I'm always feasting on those.

I'm prob a bigger Nas fan than most, and I def want new music from him, but let him do it when he's ready. I'm glad he's not forcing anything nor putting out an album just to appease the fans.

I'm sure he's recorded 2 albums worth of material in the last 4 years, but if he doesn't feel it's right than so be it! Y'all will be the same ones saying he needs to hang it up if it's not perfect in your eyes, but stay getting salty when he doesn't drop it. Like y'all think you're entitled to it or something.

***bumps Take It In Blood***

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

Naw, Ive seen Nas a ton of times.. Never did it live that I know of

its better than the first IMO..

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps

Haha Jungle with Ben Horowitz, cofounder of Andreessen Horowitz, one of the most powerful VC firms in Silicon Valley ($4.2 billion in assets). Nas has talked about how Ben has helped him get into investing.

this is so incredible to see.
two extremes meeting type shyt
reminds me of this clip.
nas,someone who made it out of the hood, chilling with french rich white dudes
another example of two different worlds meeting.

:feedme:by the way, does anyone know the song at the beginning of the clip???