Official Nas Thread

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York

Well, besides the fact that 3 minutes in he was only touching on his investments, promoting other artists, etc...

But it was mostly his whole demeanor after dude brought up that twitter question around the 3 minute mark (kind of foul of him).
His voice nearly cracked and everything. The way he smiled and said "I'm getting up there" and barely said something about his OWN record.

I don't know. Maybe I'm looking too into it. Just seemed out of touch to me. Nobody felt the same?

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, besides the fact that 3 minutes in he was only touching on his investments, promoting other artists, etc...

But it was mostly his whole demeanor after dude brought up that twitter question around the 3 minute mark (kind of foul of him).
His voice nearly cracked and everything. The way he smiled and said "I'm getting up there" and barely said something about his OWN record.

I don't know. Maybe I'm looking too into it. Just seemed out of touch to me. Nobody felt the same?

I don't know if that's the right word for it. He's only answering the questions his asked. But he's vague whenever he's asked about any new music in other interviews.

Last edited:

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York
I don't know if that's the right word for it. He's only answering the questions his asked. But he's vague whenever he's asked about any music in other interviews.

You're probably right, wrong wording. Nas been naming people more than ever before, so I think he's paying attention/listening more than ever honestly. Nas was NOT name dropping artist a few years ago. It always felt like he wasn't aware of anyone new. Not the case anymore. Dude pretty much names everyone out in mainstream hip-hop in this interview.

Ultimately, it just seems like his heart ain't really into it whenever people talk about his record.
Which is what I said in my first post. If his heart ain't into it, I wouldn't want him to drop something brehs

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're probably right, wrong wording. Nas been naming people more than ever before, so I think he's paying attention/listening more than ever honestly. Nas was NOT name dropping artist a few years ago. It always felt like he wasn't aware of anyone new. Not the case anymore. Dude pretty much names everyone out in mainstream hip-hop in this interview.

Ultimately, it just seems like his heart ain't really into it whenever people talk about his record.
Which is what I said in my first post. If his heart ain't into it, I wouldn't want him to drop something brehs

Then fukk it.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yep he doesn;t seem to focus on the music even though considering that at some point he didnt; care about anything else i doubt he went full CEO ESCO on us.

still just give us SOMETHING... the soundtrack joints WHEN do those drop/leak !?!?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This interview doesn't sound like someone whose heart isn't in their music:

The Life of Nas: Hip-Hop Legend Turned Ace Venture Capitalist

At the time of our chat, he still hadn’t decided between two titles for his upcoming album—but Nas says he’s taking his time, letting his next major musical statement unfold organically.

“It takes time to do it because I’ve come from different moments in rap music where I was a part of the shifting of the whole thing,” he admits. “And once you’ve made those kinds of impacts on the music, you don’t always want to do too much of the non-thinking. You want to do something that adds onto what you’ve been building all these years.”

“I have to be excited about it. It has to mean something to me, more than just a record. It has to mean a lot of things to me. I don’t know if that’s a Virgo thing.” He laughs. “That should explain a lot, right? We’re sort of perfectionists and over-thinkers.”

“I’m working feverishly,” Nas insists, “and I’m working more than I have been [on the album] than I have in the last year or two. I’m working a lot more, because there’s something about this year. There’s something about it.”

^^^ Same interview was posted in the thread last month.

From reading what he's saying in that article, him being vague about his new album is more so him allowing everything to come together naturally than adhering to a deadline. It's pretty much what he's been saying for years. It's something that he wants to get done for the sake of the fans, but he isn't really forcing himself to get it done. It seems like he's only recording material when he feels that spark as opposed to recording just to record. At least that's my take away from this interview as well as other statements he's made about his new album in recent years.

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
20yrs of music. If breh wants to step back and chill and het his paper up let that nucca live

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
I don't know about out of touch but I struggle to see how he's still motivated/inspired to drop another album.

That "finished up my new album, single 'bout to be dropping" line 2 years ago still got me.:mjcry:
he must've scrapped that entire album and started from new
only explanation
:to: