Official Nas Thread

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
I'm looking at you the same way:comeon:

I still listen to a bunch of tracks of I Am to this day. I was done with TBAP after only a couple listens.
To each is own breh. :manny: I just think TPAB is one of the better albums I've heard in recent memory. I wouldn't want to listen to half of the songs off of I Am... What other Nas albums you think are better than TPAB? :sas1:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
1. TBAB isn't some untouchable album where it would be considered blasphemous to compare other albums to it.

I think TPAB is a 4 mic album the same way I consider "I Am..." to be a 4 mic album.

2. Nothing corny about "Black Girl Lost".

Ain't nobody saying it's blasphemous to compare other albums TPAB...so long as those other albums are worthy of the comparison. My nikka Khalid El-Amin was nice coming out of UConn but nobody would dare compare him to Steph Curry.

Professor Polo

80s Baby
Daps
Ain't nobody saying it's blasphemous to compare other albums TPAB...so long as those other albums are worthy of the comparison. My nikka Khalid El-Amin was nice coming out of UConn but nobody would dare compare him to Steph Curry.
Khalid EL-Amin...love that shyt

:dead:

Ark

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Anambra
Add whatever you want, breh, that album ain't better than TPAB. Now I ain't saying that there aren't hot/classic songs on there but as a body of work it ain't holding a candle to TPAB.

What body of work????
That TPAB songs couldn't hold up to any of those songs that i mentioned?
Then how is the fukking album supposed to stand the test of time????
I can clearly see that the reason why people shyt on I AM... is because of Jay z words on takeover but i remember the source given 4.5mics when it came out....

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
What body of work????
That TPAB songs couldn't hold up to any of those songs that i mentioned?
Then how is the fukking album supposed to stand the test of time????
I can clearly see that the reason why people shyt on I AM... is because of Jay z words on takeover but i remember the source given 4.5mics when it came out....
Breh Jay-Z and The Source don't control or dictate how I view an album. I Am... overall is one of the weaker albums in Nas's discography although it definitely has some of his best work, too. It's just really uneven regarding the quality. TPAB is just more consistent and cohesive as an album. But like I said everybody has an opinion. shyt is just surprising to me how people rate and compare albums.

erickonasis

Resident Oldhead
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
To each is own breh. :manny: I just think TPAB is one of the better albums I've heard in recent memory. I wouldn't want to listen to half of the songs off of I Am... What other Nas albums you think are better than TPAB? :sas1:
TPAB is not in the same league with ANY Nas album and shouldn't even be mentioned well maybe except The "N" album

and I know people don't mention it much but HHID was a great album too imo

"Where are they now"
"Still Dreaming"
"Cant forget about you"
"Who Killed it"

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
TPAB is not in the same league with ANY Nas album and shouldn't even be mentioned well maybe except The "N" album

and I know people don't mention it much but HHID was a great album too imo

"Where are they now"
"Still Dreaming"
"Cant forget about you"
"Who Killed it"

c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.320x240x158.gif