Official Nas Thread

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
tpab was an decent album with messages. mostly praised by how the music was made opposed to how good it actually sounds. a lot of cringe worthy moments on it, the biggest is the pac interview. I wouldn't say every nas album is better though.
The amount of perceived cringe-worthy moments is how we're judging albums now, huh. :martin:

You think nikkas say they like the album just because of how it was made and not how it sounds. :childplease::childplease:

I definitely wouldn't say every Nas album is better than TPAB...I'd venture to say that maybe only one or two are clearly better :patrice: No knock against Nas, I just hold Kendrick's albums in high esteem.

Ark

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Anambra
The amount of perceived cringe-worthy moments is how we're judging albums now, huh. :martin:

You think nikkas say they like the album just because of how it was made and not how it sounds. :childplease::childplease:

I definitely wouldn't say every Nas album is better than TPAB...I'd venture to say that maybe only ( one or two are clearly better :childplease: ) :patrice: No knock against Nas, I just hold Kendrick's albums in high esteem.

:ufdup: That's the problem
Do you ever think like ; what of the songs :jbhmm:
If no song can be put on the level of Youre da man or creativity as crazy as Rewind , then people should stop over hyping the fukking TPAB album by calling it classic and influential

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
:ufdup: That's the problem
Do you ever think like ; what of the songs :jbhmm:
If no song can be put on the level of Youre da man or creativity as crazy as Rewind , then people should stop over hyping the fukking TPAB album by calling it classic and influential
No doubt, on most of Nas's albums his high points are higher (sometimes, significantly so) when compared to the high points on Kendrick's albums. That's not what I'm arguing. I'm talking about the overall quality consistence of the full album. A lot of Nas's joints are so uneven in my opinion. He has some really low points, sometimes so low that it fukks up his projects. I guess I just have an appreciation for the stories, themes, and concepts that Kendrick is able to expand and elaborate upon for an entire project. shyt just feels more cohesive when compared to most of Nas's shyt. Don't get me confused, though: I love Nas's music. Son is my favorite rapper. I just like other artists, too, and the different things they bring to the table.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps

Photographs of lost memories,
on the blocks with blunts and hennessey,
pictures of nikkas in mocknecked shirts,
valentine nail and brown bags,
brothers like to brag bout their cousins thats locked in the system,
we all fall victim,
we all call christian or islamic faith,
to restore all our faith,
barb wire and a tall brick wall but we all cant escape

:ahh:GOAT

Never knew murder till I seen my man get popped
No blood soaking, laying there, eyes still open
I got a little closer, put my hand in his palm
He was looking right through me, Yo staring beyond
I wonder what he saw, the limoes, movies and tours
Did he die in vain and represent for the cause
Now I put his name on everything I'm involved
And that's the game, Ya'll can't relate, fukk ya'll
:mjcry:(Ill Will)
:wow:GOAT

Ain't got nothin' to do wit old school, new school
Dirty South, West Coast, East Coast
This about us, this our thing, 'knaw'sayin'?
This came from the gut, from the blood, from the soul
Right here man, this is our thing man
You know, so I say what I say
And I say what I say, and I mean it
Y'all take it how you wanna take it
Cause if you're askin' - Why is hip-hop dead?
It's a pretty good chance you're the reason it died, man
It's a pretty good chance your lame ass, corny ass, is the reason it died, man
You don't give a fukk about, you don't know nothin' about it
You want this paper, be a hustler
You a hustler, you ain't a rapper
Get your paper man
YouknowwhatI'msayin, but this rap shyt is real
bytch, this shyt is real, bytch, ha-ha
:wow:doing it for the culture!!
:ahh:GOAT!!!!!!!!!

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

:ahh:

"Unmarked police cars roam the streets hard, the heat is God Somebody tell these shorties reach for the stars Instead they tell 'em how to reach through the bars, holdin' a mirror Lookin' down a tear in jail, makin' weapons to kill ya..Weed smoke three tokes nikka pour more Henny He sighs with eyes that seen a war too many Cold-blooded murderers, universal Hood to hood, blowin' smoke, state of mind is purple"