Official Nas Thread

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
honestly that shyt reminded me of First Take and other sports shows where one dude makes a retarded argument and the other guy makes a semi-decent argument. That shyt is so fake. Vlad probably in his feelings because the god never responded to his interview request.
:mjlol:

My view...

Illmatic 5 mics
IWW 4.5 mics
I Am 2.5 mics
Nastradamus 2 mics
Stillmatic 4.5 mics
God's Son 3.5 mics
Lost Tapes 4.5 mics
Street's Disciple 3 mics
HHID 3 mics
Untitled 3 mics
Life Is Good 4 mics

before yall :francis: @ me...I'm stingy with giving out 5s. Unless something is perfect or so near perfect it doesn't matter, I don't give it a 5.
No way I am&Untitled are anything below 4 mics those ratings are crazy

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Untitled is his 4th classic album IMO
solid 4 mics imo
IDK if he's got a 4th classic but he got 3 that aren't debatable imo ILL,IWW,LT all certified classics. Stillmatic is a personal classic but if someone wanted to debate it wasn't I wouldn't argue:ehh:.Only weak albums in his catalog IMO are HHID,SD,&Nastradamus everything else is 4&above

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
solid 4 mics imo
IDK if he's got a 4th classic but he got 3 that aren't debatable imo ILL,IWW,LT all certified classics. Stillmatic is a personal classic but if someone wanted to debate it wasn't I wouldn't argue:ehh:.Only weak albums in his catalog IMO are HHID,SD,&Nastradamus everything else is 4&above

Actually I think Stillmatic is a classic :yeshrug:. The GOAT diss record, one of the GOAT album intros, Classic songs like Your Da Man, 2nd Childhood, The Flyest, What Goes Around, Smokin, Rewind. It's an undeniable classic

Idk Lost Tapes is a great great album to me, but never thought of The Lost Tapes as a classic, since it's like a compilation album. :patrice:

Last edited:

ChiTownGuevera

All Star
Daps
honestly that shyt reminded me of First Take and other sports shows where one dude makes a retarded argument and the other guy makes a semi-decent argument. That shyt is so fake. Vlad probably in his feelings because the god never responded to his interview request.
:mjlol:

My view...

Illmatic 5 mics
IWW 4.5 mics
I Am 2.5 mics
Nastradamus 2 mics
Stillmatic 4.5 mics
God's Son 3.5 mics
Lost Tapes 4.5 mics
Street's Disciple 3 mics
HHID 3 mics
Untitled 3 mics
Life Is Good 4 mics

before yall :francis: @ me...I'm stingy with giving out 5s. Unless something is perfect or so near perfect it doesn't matter, I don't give it a 5.
U hella frontin breh..........

Forget Illmatic b/c we all knw that shyt is untouchable n still holds the crown as the best album of all time since its inception...

But u mean to tell me It Was Written ain't a 5 mics type of album?:why:
Breh IWW def top 10 album OAT, those rhymes alone puts Nas as one of The GOAT if he decided not to even drop after that, U buggin...:what:

God'son 3.5? Ur view is shyt :francis:

Nas classics: Illmatic, IWW, Stillmatic

Near classics: Lost tapes, Distant Relatives
Very very good albums: God'son,Life is Good

Underrated albums: I AM, Street Deciples, Untitled

okay albums: HIHD

Filler: nastradamus

Ark

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Anambra
Everyone shyts on Nastradamus but fukk it , the albums that we view as good today are even fukking better than that album

I know y'all love K dot but his last album isn't even better than I AM... and y'all call it classic
I mean what track from from the the album is better or more legendary as Nas is like or Story telling better than Undying love or prolific song better than Small world.....I mean i have to say this son is definitely getting overrated , none of his albums are better than Untitled yet you y'all it classic :francis:

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
Illmatic
IWW
Stillmatic
Lost Tapes
Untitled

are all classics to me

Untitled has aged exceptionally well, and that shyt was so far ahead of it's time with what Nas was talking about. Soo much knowledge in it, think we're gonna get Nas the professor back with a sped up flow over more commercial production on the next one. At least that's what his recent guest appearances are hinting at

Life is Good is close (4.5 mics, although I find myself skipping over Daughters, Summer on Smash, Bye Baby... and World's an Addiction and Cherry Wine could be shorter or use another verse. Bonus tracks make up for it a little.

God's Son, Streets Disciple, I Am, HHID = 4 mics... HHID isn't aging well for me, still love the concept tho

Nastradamus - 3.5, but I fukk with it, still gets spins like twice a year

nobody is fukking with that catalogue tho

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Eminem last week at Lollapolloza International in Chile on the headline stage:

tumblr_o4e1radyKQ1rvpuywo1_540.jpg

*filed*
*noted*
*understood*

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:what:

How can an album with Nas is like, NY state of mind pt 2, small world and undying love on it can have a 2.5 rating ? :mindblown:
Haven't listened to it in awhile but I was crazy disappointed when it came out. Nas Is Like had me expecting a classic. First few tracks are dope but then the pop rap radio tracks were wack. Big Things, Kissing, Dr Knockout...ugh.

I don't give IWW 5 mics due to Black Girl Lost and the album sequencing. Brehs I said I'm picky as fukk when it comes to 5s. My cousins still hate me for not giving Reasonable Doubt a 5...

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't listened to it in awhile but I was crazy disappointed when it came out. Nas Is Like had me expecting a classic. First few tracks are dope but then the pop rap radio tracks were wack. Big Things, Kissing, Dr Knockout...ugh.

I don't give IWW 5 mics due to Black Girl Lost and the album sequencing. Brehs I said I'm picky as fukk when it comes to 5s. My cousins still hate me for not giving Reasonable Doubt a 5...

What's wrong with black girl lost?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Your opinon is trash :scust:

• Dap
Reactions: Ark