Official Nas Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Snippets sound good so far.

Only thing that seems off is the sequencing ... it seems to bounce around too much between typical bangers, reminisce/storytelling, introspective/personal, preachy/worldview, and fun/radio singles.

Also, not a fan of the RnB hooks. They aren't sellout hooks, but I'm not trying to hear Mary J or Ant Hamilton sing on Nas records. Really the only RnB hook that's fit well on a Nas track is Kells on the Street Dreams Remix and that's only b/c he absolutely murdered that hook.

Also, Bye Baby sounds like a monster way to end the album.

[Bart Scott]CAN't WAIT[/Bart Scott]

Cant believe Fans criticize the sequencing of Nas albums too...good lord people

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
I am not sure how i feel about all the rnb hooks, but it's hard to tell from snippets. Album could have a nice original feel to it though.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
And we don't know what World of addiction and summer on smash will sound like exactly since he just hear the choruses.

Funny it's a perfect summer album and Nas his more know for his 4th quarters winter albums. That will be a first since street's disciple and iww

Well, for now on I will not listen sound by sound to keep a little surprise and only listen when the full leak will be online. I can't wait for my copy of the album, I ordered it today and it will came only toward august

Daps
And we don't know what World of addiction and summer on smash will sound like exactly since he just hear the choruses.

Funny it's a perfect summer album and Nas his more know for his 4th quarters winter albums. That will be a first since street's disciple and iww

Well, for now on I will not listen sound by sound to keep a little surprise and only listen when the full leak will be online. I can't wait for my copy of the album, I ordered it today and it will came only toward august

SD dropped in November 04. Untitled dropped in July 08 though.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok somebody cut through the stannery for me... is this really living up to expectations? If so, this would be the first time in years...

Daps
Ok somebody cut through the stannery for me... is this really living up to expectations? If so, this would be the first time in years...

What are your expectations though? It's also hard to give a complete opinion without hearing the whole album, so it's just the snippets and the released songs.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are your expectations though? It's also hard to give a complete opinion without hearing the whole album, so it's just the snippets and the released songs.

Fair enough - my expectation is that with good producers behind him, he puts out something comparable to IWW/Stillmatic. My question was about the snippets - I am at work and can't listen. All I see is a lot of Nas stans going crazy and I was trying to cut through it.