Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So happy y'all are feeling the snippets! Bout to listen to them now. Only checked the intro..and I stand by my initial impression..that shyt was done wrong!

Can't read back now, how's the general consensus on the intro?

Oh and mother of God I also listened to black bond...my ears were bleeding off of 30 sec snippet..how da fukk is this only a bonus track??

Most people are feelin the intro track, some aren't. I listened to it twice, I actually feel its pretty cinematic to what Nas is saying.

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
So happy y'all are feeling the snippets! Bout to listen to them now. Only checked the intro..and I stand by my initial impression..that shyt was done wrong!

Can't read back now, how's the general consensus on the intro?

Oh and mother of God I also listened to black bond...my ears were bleeding off of 30 sec snippet..how da fukk is this only a bonus track??

Black bond IS virtually part of the album. No one thinks of 'Every Ghetto' as a bonus track, do they? It's not like it won't be on the hard copy disc.

Btw, is there a beat switch in the intro or is that it? Some share your opinion, some don't. I think it sounds pretty dope.

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
OMFG that concert!!!!

Live band called Z totally killed it! Felt like discovering new songs..Nas did nearly the whole illmatic, had some sick as fukk new versions of songs with old school beats, James brown payback and so many more..

Building started shaking when he did live at the barbecue!! Got yourself a gun is insane, sly fox my lord! Had goosebumps all thru the daughters track..dude did fukking "you're da man"!!

shyt was phenomenal!

:ohlawd::noah::damn::ohhh:

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The intro beat stays approx the same throughout the whole track, don't expect it to pick up at some point..kinda the same for the Anthony Hamilton joint..the beat never really starts..

Queens Story, y'all see, is very surprising...As I said, it reminds me of a primo beat, now I know : ain't the devil happy, except the violins keep changing for the whole song..it doesn't loop...very orchestral

MJB is kinda disappointing to me on the chorus...I understand they wanted this to sound like early 90s r&b but her part lacks the emotion the classic "I love you" had

Yo I'll admit, off this snippet, summer on smash sounds much better than I thought yesterday..I already said in my review the beat sounded good when nas raps, just that the chorus sounded like a mess...I'll have to hear the whole version but it could work, after all

You wouldn't understand is really my kinda joint. Hoped they would be more like that...beat is pleasant, nas IWW flow...Bragadoccio but u'll see he adds substance to it...and u ain't heard the chorus yet..she did a real good job IMO..the best sung chorus to me with Amy on the lp..I just rewinded that snippet half a dozen times already..

Cherry wine still like I first heard it, an uptempo version of can't forget about you, with Amy singing a pretty nice hook.

Bye baby...I really feel so lucky for having heard that full song already..it's just the perfect beat, mood, vibe to address that while situation and end the album...I really hope there's gon be at least 30 seconds silence before nasty starts coz u'll need that moment to digest and be back ready for a hard hitting beat like nasty

Speaking of sequencing, wouldn't it be better to have the don after SOS so the album ends up on that more mellow note, without interruption?

For fukk sakes I need to listen to black bond, I need it!! Salaam did
Another crazy beat with many variations apparently! Need to hear what that song is about, like right the fukk now

Roses sounds real dope too!

Wow!! Where's the love!!! Sounds like some Lawrence of Arabia soundtrack!! Damn!!!!

Wow so that's 3 more potential great to incredible songs to add to the lp..guess now I only have beef with the intro, most probably worlds an addiction, and possibly summer on smash. Plus ill prob get quickly bored with reach out i think.

Out of 18 songs, that's still cool!

Considering the rest could range between great and incredible!

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
MJB is kinda disappointing to me on the chorus...I understand they wanted this to sound like early 90s r&b but her part lacks the emotion the classic "I love you" had

Speaking of sequencing, wouldn't it be better to have the don after SOS so the album ends up on that more mellow note, without interruption?

yeap ... my only 2 gripes off the snippets.

RnB hooks are just not necessary with Nas tracks when he's spitting like this.

Sequencing just seems a bit off bouncing between the different types of tracks, but easily fixed in iTunes.

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
Also, I noticed there's a severe lack of NaS gifs on the innanets, we're gonna need to tool up for this album drop.

I'll start making gifs here Nas Gifs

tumblr_m6lxzcFGzH1raq7mho1_r1_500.gif

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
The intro beat stays approx the same throughout the whole track, don't expect it to pick up at some point..kinda the same for the Anthony Hamilton joint..the beat never really starts..

Queens Story, y'all see, is very surprising...As I said, it reminds me of a primo beat, now I know : ain't the devil happy, except the violins keep changing for the whole song..it doesn't loop...very orchestral

Yo I'll admit, off this snippet, summer on smash sounds much better than I thought yesterday..I already said in my review the beat sounded good when nas raps, just that the chorus sounded like a mess...I'll have to hear the whole version but it could work, after all

You wouldn't understand is really my kinda joint. Hoped they would be more like that...beat is pleasant, nas IWW flow...Bragadoccio but u'll see he adds substance to it...and u ain't heard the chorus yet..she did a real good job IMO..the best sung chorus to me with Amy on the lp..I just rewinded that snippet half a dozen times already..

Cherry wine still like I first heard it, an uptempo version of can't forget about you, with Amy singing a pretty nice hook.

Bye baby...I really feel so lucky for having heard that full song already..it's just the perfect beat, mood, vibe to address that while situation and end the album...I really hope there's gon be at least 30 seconds silence before nasty starts coz u'll need that moment to digest and be back ready for a hard hitting beat like nasty

For fukk sakes I need to listen to black bond, I need it!! Salaam did
Another crazy beat with many variations apparently! Need to hear what that song is about, like right the fukk now

Roses sounds real dope too!

Wow!! Where's the love!!! Sounds like some Lawrence of Arabia soundtrack!! Damn!!!!

Wow so that's 3 more potential great to incredible songs to add to the lp..guess now I only have beef with the intro, most probably worlds an addiction, and possibly summer on smash. Plus ill prob get quickly bored with reach out i think.

Out of 18 songs, that's still cool!

Considering the rest could range between great and incredible!

That's better lol you almost had us second guessing the GOAT with your review yesterday. World's an addiction sounds incredible to me from the snippet. The beat sounds great so not sure what you mean when you say the beat never really starts. If Nas delivers lyrically (which I've heard he does), I could see this being one of my favorites.

Daps
Also, I noticed there's a severe lack of NaS gifs on the innanets, we're gonna need to tool up for this album drop.

I'll start making gifs here Nas Gifs

tumblr_m6lxzcFGzH1raq7mho1_r1_500.gif

Lmao @ the bytch on his right grabbing the cigar before he can even puff it. Ghnarz stay getting greedy bytches.