Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thing is he must be thinking of timing. Supposedly the album is believed to be done. If he is still working on it then I understand it and I am fine but the timing thing is killing me.

Daps
Can't the gawd tell Meek to drop that joint 'Scarface' that has him featuring on it. Milly told Whoo Kid that it was up to the big homie to release it or not!

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The main problem is we as rap music fan we are not patient wit our artists. It's like rap artist careers used to be so short that if you didn't drop something every two years, you faded in peope's mind. But now it's different, it's acceptable now to have a twenty year carreer, so artists like nas, jay... who were able to pass that mark and still be relevant can afford to take take with their album. In other genras like rock n roll you can wait 5 years or ten between two albums. People fail to realize that for an artist (especially for someone like Nas who puts his soul into his lyrics) to be able to tell something worth listening you have to let him live, make experiences, travel the world, read and see things, meet people. It's call living. And when he will feel ready to share experience and accumulate a certain inspiration, get new ideas, he will let it out. We often say the first album is often the best and it's because the first album is generally 20 years of experience accumulated in one effort. And the best nas joints were often driven by a special context (his rise to the game, new richessness, jay z attack, his mom death, his divorce).

That's the difference between nas and others rappers, he's still interresting to HEAR because he tell a lot of things about himself and black culture that he delivers thanks to his reading and things he had experienced.

My only complain it's a lack of featurings like he used to do in the past inbetween albums to keep us waiting. And not a single leak (exept season) but things got tight around him with his new managing team I guess
You are 100% accurate and more could be added. By the way, his management team is very thorough.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol LIG is on Nas team. Always giving us some jems on the inside scoop. We are lucky to have this individual on these boards.

I believe Life is Good i on the team and he does give us gems but the point I am trying to make is... everyone here is ecstatic that Nas is a successful business man. We are pumped that his is getting paper. That's all good and we appreciate all the info on the business side but when you keep teasing us with the hope of new music but then supply us with gems of business ventures, tours and new endeavors, we tend to get a little frustrated. I think we were promised a Mass Appeal track with Nas spitting over Gangstarr's Mass Appeal track (or an updated version of it). We got nothing. We did get the Season and that was dope as fukk but now we want more. I don't think Life is Good or Nas can be be mad us for that.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Black Reign @mson
I can't give you information that Nas himself does not want the public to know as of yet. What I attempt to do is keep the fans (because I am a fan myself) from being discouraged and some insight into why Nas is not releasing music at this immediate time.

I like this site and respected the dedication that you guys show Nas but if you for one moment think I will jeopardize any confidential information that I'm privy to pertaining to this album would be silly and ethically unprofessional of me. I give you what I can and hint at clues. I'm sorry that some of you feel like my information is not useful to you. So therefore, I will be 100 with you all and just enjoy the commentary with no input pertaining to this subject from here on out. Peace, Love & Positive Outlook!

By the way if you guys are in the area or interested Nas will be at this event in NYC starting today- 7/10/15. I believe tomorrow's event will be from 12:00pm-4:00pm.
http://hennessy250tour.splashthat.com

Last edited:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe Life is Good i on the team and he does give us gems but the point I am trying to make is... everyone here is ecstatic that Nas is a successful business man. We are pumped that his is getting paper. That's all good and we appreciate all the info on the business side but when you keep teasing us with the hope of new music but then supply us with gems of business ventures, tours and new endeavors, we tend to get a little frustrated. I think we were promised a Mass Appeal track with Nas spitting over Gangstarr's Mass Appeal track (or an updated version of it). We got nothing. We did get the Season and that was dope as fukk but now we want more. I don't think Life is Good or Nas can be be mad us for that.
Not mad at all. I enjoy conversing with the fans because I'm one also. I understand the frustration but I can also relate to the album delay. As I stated in my previous post it is not my intention to give useless information because professionally I can only reveal so much.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not mad at all. I enjoy conversing with the fans because I'm one also. I understand the frustration but I can also relate to the album delay. As I stated in my previous post it is not my intention to give useless information because professionally I can only reveal so much.

I respect that. That's cool. Thanks Life is Good. I know the album is gonna be well worth the wait and the God will bless us again. :salute:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

Man you better not stop posting..I will call you by your government name on here..lol

Naw , seriously, ignore the dumb comments and keep posting

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Black Reign @mson
I can't give you information that Nas himself does not want the public to know as of yet. What I attempt to do is keep the fans (because I am a fan myself) from being discouraged and some insight into why Nas is not releasing music at this immediate time.

I like this site and respected the dedication that you guys show Nas but if you for one moment think I will jeopardize any confidential information that I'm privy to pertaining to this album would be silly and ethically unprofessional of me. I give you what I can and hint at clues. I'm sorry that some of you feel like my information is not useful to you. So therefore, I will be 100 with you all and just enjoy the commentary with no input pertaining to this subject from here on out. Peace, Love & Positive Outlook!

By the way if you guys are in the area or interested Nas will be at this event in NYC starting today- 7/10/15. I believe tomorrow's event will be from 12:00pm-4:00pm.
http://hennessy250tour.splashthat.com
Nah man don't go haha, we need that commentary. We need those little hints, I respect your commentary.