Official Nas Thread

Professor Polo

80s Baby
Daps
I want the album too

but at this point in Nas career he has nothing to gain by rushing out a mediocre album

I'll GLADLY wait as long as it takes for his album to not be a MCHG

and I LOVE Wu but damn they put out so much mediocre shyt that I dont know when to check for it or when to not bother

I KNOW Nas about to come through when the heat when its ready/ hes ready to make something worthwhile hes not a young dude anymore sitting in the studio all the time hes got grown up business going and shyt

basically he could just tour off his old shyt if he wanted so why put out some shyt music ? Remember that when LifeIsGood dropped we got an entire album worth of great music PLUS bonus tracks that were fire

theres only 3 legitimate reasons to complain about Nas music at this point

1. he never releases any more music ( not gonna happen)
2. He puts out anything under a 9/10 or 10/10 album wise after making us wait
3. we dont ever get a lost tapes 2
I'm fiending bruh...I cant help it

I NEEED this shyt in my life....at least gimme a throwaway...The Season was the last thing I heard from the man and that shyt was fuego...

Something to hold me over...I saw him post something on instagram a few months back insinuating he was gonna drop something in the summer....nothing yet

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Ayo, I'm really getting sick of waiting on you Nas. I was playing Life is Good yesterday and my itunes showed I added it into my library on 07/11/12. fukking Saturday will be 3 years since it leaked....fukk THAT!

:stopitslime: So you ain't buy the album huh?...... cause it came out 7/17/12 :sas2:.

I only remember that cause that's my bday though :pachaha:

I'm gonna throw this album on on the 17th again while in Colombia :win:

Life is Good :ahh:

@Life is Good ...let Nas know I wanna shot his next album cover www.flickr.com/photos/epiphvision :myman:

Last edited:

FloodedJesus

Rookie
Daps
Two things...

1. I came across this rare Tim Westwood freestyle Nas done in 1996

2. I'm sure everyone has 'Library Of A Legend' but it only goes up to around 2005/6....has anyone ever updated it? it was originally around 6 folders but that would surely double with all the stuff dropped in the last decade...

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want the album too

but at this point in Nas career he has nothing to gain by rushing out a mediocre album

I'll GLADLY wait as long as it takes for his album to not be a MCHG

and I LOVE Wu but damn they put out so much mediocre shyt that I dont know when to check for it or when to not bother

I KNOW Nas about to come through when the heat when its ready/ hes ready to make something worthwhile hes not a young dude anymore sitting in the studio all the time hes got grown up business going and shyt

basically he could just tour off his old shyt if he wanted so why put out some shyt music ? Remember that when LifeIsGood dropped we got an entire album worth of great music PLUS bonus tracks that were fire

theres only 3 legitimate reasons to complain about Nas music at this point

1. he never releases any more music ( not gonna happen)
2. He puts out anything under a 9/10 or 10/10 album wise after making us wait
3. we dont ever get a lost tapes 2

Good points but I don't think he is still working on the album. Who really knows though? If I recall correctly, he shouted out in a verse that he was done a while ago and then there was an article that he was done. There hasn't been anything that said he went back to he studio to record some more. I do prefer that he perfect the album as opposed to releasing fluff but I'm not convinced that is the reason for the delay.

Additionally and I've ststed this several times, although I do want the God to excel in all business ventures and opportunities he attempts, I am more of a music fan of his and I've been waiting very long to enjoy his new music. The little teases from time to time aggravate me now more than excite me because it's time to release.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
So ya'll back to uppin this with nothing new huh :beli:

Someone took this photo of him in the studio with Large Professor, J-Zone in the studio. Dont know if it means they were doing a record or just hanging out

tumblr_nr570eOixd1qdskgeo1_540.jpg

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
The main problem is we as rap music fan we are not patient wit our artists. It's like rap artist careers used to be so short that if you didn't drop something every two years, you faded in peope's mind. But now it's different, it's acceptable now to have a twenty year carreer, so artists like nas, jay... who were able to pass that mark and still be relevant can afford to take take with their album. In other genras like rock n roll you can wait 5 years or ten between two albums. People fail to realize that for an artist (especially for someone like Nas who puts his soul into his lyrics) to be able to tell something worth listening you have to let him live, make experiences, travel the world, read and see things, meet people. It's call living. And when he will feel ready to share experience and accumulate a certain inspiration, get new ideas, he will let it out. We often say the first album is often the best and it's because the first album is generally 20 years of experience accumulated in one effort. And the best nas joints were often driven by a special context (his rise to the game, new richessness, jay z attack, his mom death, his divorce).

That's the difference between nas and others rappers, he's still interresting to HEAR because he tell a lot of things about himself and black culture that he delivers thanks to his reading and things he had experienced.

My only complain it's a lack of featurings like he used to do in the past inbetween albums to keep us waiting. And not a single leak (exept season) but things got tight around him with his new managing team I guess

Last edited: