Beautiful.

This would be dope as an album cover on some full circle shyt

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Lost Tapes 2 Discussion

We need to keep this topic out there in terms of we want to see and our expectations for this project. While the album may already be in the can, there may be a chance we can , to a small degree, influence what's on the album. We do know that there is a member of his camp that posts here.What do we have to lose? I'm curious as to the timetable for release and from what era the tracks will be from. I guess it doesn't matter to me because I want them all but I would assume that there won't be any Def Jam shyts on there since they were bullshytting about release their version of it. Oh well, maybe that will come in another 12 years.

I do want a few never before heard tracks though. Mix that with some of what we've already heard but top quality and I'll be getting my copy the first day and Japanese version too if it has bonus tracks.

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
The Lost Tapes 2 Discussion

We need to keep this topic out there in terms of we want to see and our expectations for this project. While the album may already be in the can, there may be a chance we can , to a small degree, influence what's on the album. We do know that there is a member of his camp that posts here.What do we have to lose? I'm curious as to the timetable for release and from what era the tracks will be from. I guess it doesn't matter to me because I want them all but I would assume that there won't be any Def Jam shyts on there since they were bullshytting about release their version of it. Oh well, maybe that will come in another 12 years.

I do want a few never before heard tracks though. Mix that with some of what we've already heard but top quality and I'll be getting my copy the first day and Japanese version too if it has bonus tracks.

this is completely unrealistic

but if its not a classic I will probably be disapointed at first just because the first was so strong

then I will eventually accept it for what it is as long is theres some dope material I'll be cool

I have NO idea what era it will be from theres probably tracks from 2003-2014 that could be candidates its really gonna be interesting to see what we get

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
this is completely unrealistic

but if its not a classic I will probably be disapointed at first just because the first was so strong

then I will eventually accept it for what it is as long is theres some dope material I'll be cool

I have NO idea what era it will be from theres probably tracks from 2003-2014 that could be candidates its really gonna be interesting to see what we get

I think I'll have the same reaction. The first lost tapes was so perfect. One of my personal all time favorite releases in any genre. Held me down for months.

The bar is so high, especially after a decade plus wait. I'm still in a I'll believe when I see it, but I'm hoping that since there's so many years to select from it will be a great release.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the whole project will be from Sony vaults. Doesn't he have some type of distribution deal with them? I'm sure either getting his masters or free reign to the vaults for his label's use was part of the deal. Not having control over either of those seemed to factor into the reason why we never got LT2 from Def Jam. Nas and his team ain't dumb. I just hope they one day consider releasing studio freestyles, studio remixes and alternate takes with different versus.

A while ago, I created a list of known nas unreleased Sony tracks that I thought would be maybe just a notch below LT1 but that was without a couple of unheard tracks. I think Nas could release several volumes that are of top quality and could possibly rival the first. The key would be adding a minimum of 3 never before heard tracks. I wouldn expect anything less than that from Nas.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My biggest expectations for a Lost Tapes 2 is that they keep the "no hype, no BS" theme going. There's so much material that could potentially end up on a Lost Tapes 2. The first one even had fresh material like "Nothing Lasts Forever".

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
THe Scientist was supposed to be NY Stomp and I believe its a Def Jam era song. Not so sure about that one. Heard he didn't finish it anyway.

High
You Don't Jbiw Me
My Worst Enemy Is Me
Foul Breexe
Seeds of Heaven
Rise and Fall
Talk of NY
Curse

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When Thugs Die
understanding
Your Mouth Got You In It
Tales From The Hood
Stay Alive
Among Kings
Never Gonna Give It Up
Death Anniversary
Life's Gone Low
Two Seater
Anybody Test
I Already Know
True Dialect
Good Morning
Da Don
Grave Yard

Crabs in A Barrell
I Am Somebody
Get Up

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When he first spoke on lost tapes 2 I thought it was from def jam sessions in which case a lot of these tracks wouldn't make it