Official Nas Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
MAN!!!!!!
the night was just incredible!!!
it was cold as fukk!!!
did not expect the cold and the coffee lines were no joke.
damn, they were long.
overall the night went smooth,little fukkery!!
only once a fight of sorts broke out close to me,but it was squashed quickly.
i was in a foreign country, so i was not gonna get involved in no shyt.
never know how cops react to a foreigner!!!

now to the concert itself - it was nothing but quality.
the highlights:
saw some local hip hop acts that i usually don't pay too much attention to like reason.
dude can spit and had the crowd rocking.will pay more attention to him!!
:whoo:
ladysmith black mambazo was a surprise.always liked them and they did their thing!!LEGENDS!!
:whew:

timbaland was the headlining act and he was sorta mixed bag to me.
he either was drunk or high as fukk. he kept getting the name of the city wrong.
his dancing was :patrice:
but he played his hits so, i had no complaints!!

wiz khalifa had the second best set for me. not the biggest wiz fan,so i did not know every song, but he has hits and the crowd was rocking.

but of course, the highlight was nas.
funny thing for me was the talk before nas came on. no one referred to him as nas. everyone (in my section anyway)was like:"when is the GOAT coming on??" "where is the GOAT"
I always knew about the love africa has for nas, but i was surprised at that!
had a nas fan feeling like:obama::ahh:

and then nas came on.
brehs hearing ny state of mind live is always:banderas::lawd:
he pretty much did all of illmatic and some of his other hits!!
nas also payed homage to brenda fassie who passed away a few years back(she was the queen of southern african pop)
that had me like:bow::gladbron:
how in the hell he know about her. dude obviously knows about african music!!
place was rocking!!!

:dj2::dj2::dj2:
african-celebration-o.gif

sorry i have no pics. my phone been acting up!!!
one of the few negatives of an otherwise awesome night!!!!
NAS-602x400.jpg

Nas took our breh --> @Life is Good to Africa with him. I wanna hear about it when he gets back

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CASTLE LITE: WE WEATHERED OUT THE COLD AND IT WAS WORTH IT

By now you would’ve read the tweets and Facebook statuses of how much of a great success the Castle Lite Extra Cold Concert was. And yes, the concert deserved all the hype it received; it was everything we had anticipated. But before we go any further kindly let us vent our frustration at Timbaland’s dismal performance and the dreadful cold weather that had us wondering if it was really worth freezing our behinds off for the legend that is Nas. We must say though, the weather did play along with the theme, what an extra cold experience it was.

Either Timbaland was really puzzled at how cold an African country can be or he must’ve had one too many Castle Lites’, because that in which we witnessed was one watered down version of the great producer we’ve come to know and love.

However the hits he kept playing made us forgive his poor performance and remind ourselves that he is still one of the best, it was funny to hear people scream “Hibiri!!” when he played Aaliyah’s “Try Again” which was sampled by South African kwaito artist Mgarimbe for “Sister Bettina” that time Timbaland had no idea.

We’d also like to take our hats off to the hot local line-up consisting of MiCaSa, Reason and LadySmith Black Mambazo, thank you to the stage manager who made Wiz open up for Reason, now that was something really special and Reason did not disappoint at all! A world class performance that was, esoecially from one of our most revered emcees at the moment.

Did we mention how cold it was at the Super Sport Park? There was a point where the coffee line was longer than the beer line, understandibly so! The chill out there was real and after months, weeks and hours of waiting the G.O.A.T (Greatest of All Time) – Nas appeared on stage with the Philarmonic Orchestra whom he had been rehearsing and posting instagram posts of the rehearsal throughout the week. Nasir Jones also just had to capture our hearts when he played Brenda Fassie, now that we didn not expect a great tribute to one of our most respected super star.

Van Glorious

LB4LIFE
Daps
Reppin
South Jamaica Queens, NY
I dont know if this has been discussed but there is a mysterious rapper that no one has ever seen. No pictures, no interviews and no back story and clearly sounds like Nas pitched down which the streets is saying that it is Nas and goes by the name "Your Old Droog". A street album was just released. Let me know whats up?

http://2dopeboyz.com/2014/06/04/your-old-droog-ep/

2vualaa.jpg

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I dont know if this has been discussed but there is a mysterious rapper that no one has ever seen. No pictures, no interviews and no back story and clearly sounds like Nas pitched down which the streets is saying that it is Nas and goes by the name "Your Old Droog". A street album was just released. Let me know whats up?

2vualaa.jpg

I mean, he sounds like any number of East Coast renaissance era MCs (Could be Black Thought too)...but if it is Nas that's a interesting concept. Just dont think it is.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL

2vualaa.jpg
That's not Nas...

Dudes bars aren't up to scratch and this your old droog concept isn't Nas's style...dude's music is pretty kool though

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son

2vualaa.jpg

He sounds more like the Game doing a Nas impersonation. But this is good shyt though