Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My nikka if Nas did that I would be so Happy. But honestly his recent lost tapes joints haven't been to fire. Unless he has some jewels in the vault.

Yeah but remember after Def Jam shut down The Lost Tapes 2 NaS said he was going to release it with LIG. He didn't but he had several top quality bonus tracks that probably would've made the Lost Tapes 2. Those were Trust, Where's The Love, Roses and Black Bond. Put those with Snitch Alibi, Who Are You, What It Is, Top Down, Colors and then through in White Man's Paper or No Such Thing as a White Jesus and you got something there.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yeah but remember after Def Jam shut down The Lost Tapes 2 NaS said he was going to release it with LIG. He didn't but he had several top quality bonus tracks that probably would've made the Lost Tapes 2. Those were Trust, Where's The Love, Roses and Black Bond. Put those with Snitch Alibi, Who Are You, What It Is, Top Down, Colors and then through in White Man's Paper or No Such Thing as a White Jesus and you got something there.

I feel like Lost Tapes 2 would be the like the first Lost Tapes in that it will feature tracks we have mostly already heard on mixtapes and B Sides to singles. When I got that album I had 11 of the 12 tracks before from bootlegs, audiogalaxy, international editions of his albums and B-sides to Stillmatic singles. The only new track was purple.
Salaam said years back most unreleased stuff that leaks is on purpose and because Nas feels comfortable putting it out. So I imagine a Lost Tapes 2 be it on Columbia or Def Jam will feature joints like What It is, Talk of NY, Foul Breeze, Like Me, Top Down...aaaaand sure enough you'll get people complaining they heard it all before (which happened with the first Lost Tapes but people werent as up on mixtapes/b-sides/mp 3s back in 02 like they are now). So I dont even know if its benefical to release a Lost Tapes

Personally I feel like anytime Statik Selektah, Green Lantern, DJ Delz or J Love dropped a Nas tape that WAS Lost Tapes. Heck, that El Darado Black project that DJ Delz dropped in January 2009 with all those unreleased Untitled tracks felt like a Lost Tapes album or those QB Finest tapes.

Because of that along with the complications of dealing with TWO labels handling his vault and an industry where it makes less and less sense to drop complilations, I think people should not hold their breath for another Lost Tapes. Matter of fact, I bet Nas' verses on No Thing as White Jesus and White Man's Paper had rhymes that he ended up spitting or re-using on other songs like he did with the Untitled and Hip Hop is Dead sessions.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
I been waiting years to hear Nas rip this best to shreads :wow: the description says 2012 but I saw this video on YouTube in like 2010

:whew:

edit: of you listen it sounds like 9th Wonder already incorporated Nas ad libs on the track :pachaha: