Official Nas Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
nas and Adele dont seem like a good match.. Adele is great tho.. I dont care to hear a collab.

aa_2001

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah im just correcting the post damn take it easy :childplease:

1991(Mc Serch)
2011/2012(Amy Winehouse)

NAS averages a song with a white person about once every 20 years....im not too worried
gallery_5700_367_1643277.gif

Who says shyt like this?

But for the record he got songs with Joss Stone, The Beastie Boys, The Alchemist etc.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The ‘Illmatic’ Influence Infographic
MUSIC

APRIL 18, 2014
by SHEA SERRANO
PRINT

nas-illmatic.jpg

Nas’s Illmatic, which turns 20 tomorrow, has been sampled (at least) 312 times since he ripped it from a poisonous, deadly, extra-dense chunk of Queensbridge, New York, concrete and turned it into a consumable part of rap history. This is remarkable when you consider that the album is only 10 tracks long; more still given that one of those 10 is an intro that’s less than two minutes in duration.

If you don’t count the aforementioned intro, that means Illmatic has been sampled an average of 35.4 times for every song on the album. I can’t see your face right now, so I’m not sure if you’ve interpreted 35.4 as a large number or not, so here: To place this stat in narrow, genre-specific context, Biggie’s Ready to Die, also released in 1994, also accepted as a classic, and also featuring a child on the cover, has been sampled an average of 20.8 times per song. And really, even this number is swollen; “Juicy” alone has been nabbed 108 times. No other song on the album gets even half that.

Another: Jay Z’s Reasonable Doubt (1996), also accepted as classic, earned a meager 5.0 average for per-song samples. (I am left to assume that his low, low average is, at least in part, due to his album cover having zero kids on it.)

Biggie was deified after his tragic death and Hova married Beyoncé, but Nas crushes them both here.

So, duh, Nas is impressive. Illmatic is impressive. This samples-per-song stat is impressive. And now it’s quantified.

This is the Illmatic Influence Infographic, a color-coded chart that shows (probably) all of the songs that currently use a sample from Illmatic.

I can’t think of one single reason someone would need to know any of this other than to know it. But sometimes that’s the point.
illmatic-infographic-final-red.jpg

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Just Timbo, Swizz, and No ID so far

sorry cornballs, no Adele yet

Apart from No ID I wouldnt be surprised if none of these producers end up being confirmed. This is like when people were panicking cause Kane Beatz and Alex Da Kid had sent Nas beats back in 2010/2011.

Hell, I wouldnt be surprised if Nas doesnt even drop an album until 2016! The promotional run for the Illmatic Re-issue felt like he was promoting a new album and the anniversary is gonna take up much of his year on the road performing it

Nas and Jay, much like Snoop are all at a point where they probably will not be dropping albums even every 2 years. They are vets who have other business ventures going on and will drop albums when they feel like as they dont have an obligation from the label to be fresh young act who has to get X amount of albums in the streets.
Now I know that sucks because you have to wait longer between albums and probably means lesser sales for him because out of sight is out of mind but I think hes in a comfortable place again and has his business ventures right which take up his time.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said he was colloborating with Adele. I just said he has mentioned her a few times as in being a fan of hers. Nas would make it dope regardless. Justin Timberlake is a dope artist too and Jay is hit or miss right now. Still excited for that Sinatra in the Sands song.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
This would be the perfect time for Nas to drop Lost Tape 2 & 3; one from Columbia and one from Def Jam.