Official Nas Thread

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I don't know what happened, and it's not even because of the 20th anniversary...but over the last two weeks i finally started really listening to "Life is Good" nonstop...and WOW is it just me or was that album overlooked/underrated as shyt?

I really hope Nas continues to work with Justice League, Large Professor & ESPECIALLY No ID for the next album...forget being EVP, work with Nas please!! He seems to be the only producer that could really implement that Jazz flow like that outside of LP. This album is really for grown folks only, and i dunno if it was just that i wasn't in that zone when it dropped...but i essentially only listened to the singles back then.

It's only now that i'm listening to & appreciating the other tracks like "No Introduction", "A Queens Story", "Trust", "Roses", and my FAVORITE SHYT "Stay"...wow, what a fukkin song that is.

It's incredible and makes me so happy/proud to see this man still on top of his game 20 years later, and finally getting the accolades he's really deserved. I hope it only keeps going from the art standpoint, the fame & appreciation standpoint, etc. Hope to see him get a Grammy or two soon too just because.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what happened, and it's not even because of the 20th anniversary...but over the last two weeks i finally started really listening to "Life is Good"...and WOW is it just me or was that album overlooked/underrated as shyt?

I really hope Nas continues to work with Justice League, Large Professor & ESPECIALLY No ID for the next album...forget being EVP, work with Nas please!! He seems to be the only producer that could really implement that Jazz flow like that. This album is really for grown folks only, and i dunno if it was just that i wasn't in that zone when it dropped...but i essentially only listened to the singles back then.

It's only now that i'm listening to & appreciating the other tracks like "No Introduction", "A Queens Story", "Trust", "Roses", and my FAVORITE SHYT "Stay"...wow, what a fukkin song that is.

It's incredible and makes me so happy/proud to see this man still on top of his game 20 years later, and finally getting the accolades he's really deserved. I hope it only keeps going from the art standpoint, the fame & appreciation standpoint, etc. Hope to see him get a Grammy or two soon too just because.

I agree with everything you said. I think Nas and that group of producers have another album of classic music in them. Yes, I think it is underrated. I've listened to it on the regular. Stay, Trust, Where is the Love, Roses, Back When are all my joints but Im feeling the entire album. Dont change too much from this winning formula Nas.

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
I don't know what happened, and it's not even because of the 20th anniversary...but over the last two weeks i finally started really listening to "Life is Good" nonstop...and WOW is it just me or was that album overlooked/underrated as shyt?

I really hope Nas continues to work with Justice League, Large Professor & ESPECIALLY No ID for the next album...forget being EVP, work with Nas please!! He seems to be the only producer that could really implement that Jazz flow like that outside of LP. This album is really for grown folks only, and i dunno if it was just that i wasn't in that zone when it dropped...but i essentially only listened to the singles back then.

Life is Good has received nothing but praise, though. It really is an incredible album.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Life Is Good would have been better if Trust and Where's The Love replaced Reach Out and Summer On Smash. Still a dope album obviously but those tracks are so out of place...

I also would have replaced World's An Addiction with Roses, which is a stunning track.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NaS must have everyone, who is working on his album, shook. Aside from the article the other day, no one saying anything about it. Something is up. Before that, there was the news about the epps iced finding the missing track with Frank ocean. They promised that we would hear that track so we assumed it would be on the new album. That might be Lost Tapes 2 material if Def Jam beats Sony to the punch.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Life Is Good would have been better if Trust and Where's The Love replaced Reach Out and Summer On Smash. Still a dope album obviously but those tracks are so out of place...

I also would have replaced World's An Addiction with Roses, which is a stunning track.

:dwillhuh:

Reach Out, lyrically is one of the best tracks on the album.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
@Nas performing N.Y. State of Mind at the Beacon Theater. @aliciakeys graced the keys to start it off #IllmaticXX pic.twitter.com/f2rCS3SVzF