Official Nas Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I was gonna ask y'all about the Horowitz-Nas SXSW talk on Sunday and what you thought. Seems like a dude at Gawker gave a lot of hate to it. I think it was because it was a perception thing. Barry drops a lot of rap references in his blog and I think because he looks a little awkward (see the Tanning of America ep) and nas is very introvertive and lowkey the talk calm off awkward. The writer at Gawker seem to dislike it just off the idea of a white dude working in Hip Hop. They kinda touched on Rap Genius and that issue.

That's the only thing that kinda worries for his next album, that perception from record buyers might have thinking negatively some way

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I was gonna ask y'all about the Horowitz-Nas SXSW talk on Sunday and what you thought. Seems like a dude at Gawker gave a lot of hate to it. I think it was because it was a perception thing. Barry drops a lot of rap references in his blog and I think because he looks a little awkward (see the Tanning of America ep) and nas is very introvertive and lowkey the talk calm off awkward. The writer at Gawker seem to dislike it just off the idea of a white dude working in Hip Hop. They kinda touched on Rap Genius and that issue.

That's the only thing that kinda worries for his next album, that perception from record buyers might have thinking negatively some way

I been trying to find the vid of the talk..

anybody have it??

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Serious?...Why do you think the album buyers will think negative regarding Nas' next album?

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Horowitz is gonna make sure Nas is filthy down the line..lol

He's like a Stan with REAL money.. lol
The thing about Nas is his $ will NEVER really change his outlook of truly enjoying the simple things in life. He's pretty filthy already but understands that their is more he desires to achieve in life besides money.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
The thing about Nas is his $ will NEVER really change his outlook of truly enjoying the simple things in life. He's pretty filthy already but understands that their is more he desires to achieve in life besides money.

question, Webber and Nas still tight?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Serious?...Why do you think the album buyers will think negative regarding Nas' next album?

I feel like as popular and respected as Nas, people sleep or dismiss his next albums. Hes still a consistent seller and other rappers would kill to have his fanbase, but I always feel like he could do well. But I know that's a silly reason to even look at it like that.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like as popular and respected as Nas, people sleep or dismiss his next albums. Hes still a consistent seller and other rappers would kill to have his fanbase, but I always feel like he could do well. But I know that's a silly reason to even look at it like that.
Those who "dismiss his next albums" more than likely can't deal with his evolution. Nas has never been one to follow the opinions of others or broadcast his success In a grandiose way. I think the issue that the hip hop world has with Nas is he doesn't conform but he ALWAYS prevails by being true to his art and with that comes envy. There are not many artists with Nas longevity/legacy that produces the quality music that Nas has over his career thus far. His gift is genuine and he has been blessed to reap the benefit of his God given talent.