Official Nas Thread

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We starting to see the transition from music to Hollywood brehs. I think Nas only got 3 albums at the most left before he moves on.. But I been waiting for him to get to Hollywood like Cube did
You are correct! Nas has always had the desire to write movies/screenplays even before music. Music is definitely something he will do for a lifetime but he is definitely moving on to the next successful chapter of his life. Nas is definitely connected in Hollywood and acting was NEVER a desire but he has been blessed to walk in those shoes. He is now ready to show his other skills in writing besides music.

Nas has always talked about this in the beginning of his music career.

aa_2001

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are correct! Nas has always had the desire to write movies/screenplays even before music. Music is definitely something he will do for a lifetime but he is definitely moving on to the next successful chapter of his life. Nas is definitely connected in Hollywood and acting was NEVER a desire but he has been blessed to walk in those shoes. He is now ready to show his other skills in writing besides music.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is my favourite MC when I'm not fukking with Jadakiss, no doubt

How would you describe his rhyme style? I can't describe it, but it's dense. Compacted flowing rhymes, never slimpistic and very dense. For example, your Gucci Mayne type rapper would say: walked down the street for some bread. But Nas would say: my suede timbs hit the QB streets as I go on the hunt for some baked wheat (lol, don't judge the bars, it's just an example!). A quote for example

I'm from London but when I see that it's raining (all the time it seems), I ensure to put on Illmatic as it makes me feel like I'm there. I just sit back and chill. So awesome

Additionally, what is your favourite Nas verse? One of mine I only discovered recently because I had been put off listening to It Was Written, but this verse

:whoo::huhldup::ooh::lupe::leon::scusthov::lawd::whew:

Man

I can only describe his style in one word:

Unorthodox.

That's pretty much it...he uses words in a way that you wouldn't normally use them, but they still make sense and still have that poetic nuance. He isn't a traditional rhymer by any means....he's a true poet :lawd:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I've been waiting for a Nas novel or screenplay adapted into a movie or TV show, ever since I was a 90s kid reading IWW booklet. It was like my first graphic novel without the art work. Just vivid tales of Dopeness:blessed:

Last edited:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas and Swizz again? No fukking thanks. That track from LIG was horrible.
It was not a horrible song IMO...just a matter of taste. One thing I noticed about some of Nas fans is that they are very judgmental and overly critical about Nas' choice in collaborations with certain artists/producers. Most of the time it's unwarranted and very repetitive. Nas as an artists respects his listeners for the most part; it's unfortunate that some of his listeners are very closed minded when it comes to Nas as an artist. Fortunately, Nas has NEVER based his career choices on the opinion of others that's what makes him so intriguing and sets him apart from the majority of his peers. By the way, Nas & Swizz are friends and often chill together unrelated to creating music.

dirty_yo

hired help
Daps
Reppin
the trashcan
You mean "It Ain't Hard Too Tell"...an update will be revealed soon.
Oh the title changed. I've been waiting on that autobiography since 2005! Will be interesting to see what he shares about his early life and come up in the game - I want to know what events shaped the greatest poet of our generation. Seeing as how he's an intensely private person all these announcements come as a shock to me.