Official Nas Thread

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Olympic snowboarder Jamie Anderson recently spoke about how Nas inspired her during a recent Gold medal-winning event at The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics.

"It's Nas 'I Can,'" she says in an interview with ABC. "It's just a very inspirational song to truly believe in yourself and know that you're capable of anything. If you work hard at it, you can. It's the truth."

Nas responded to the interview on Twitter.

"Shout out to @Jme_Anderson. She's living the American dream! Honored to be apart of it. Congrats on the Gold," Nas said.
Nas stay winning

Jamie Anderson Danced to Nas Before Gold Medal Run

www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jamie-anderson-danced-nas-gold-medal-run-22451030

jJIeT4H.jpg

aa_2001

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hello Coli Family!
I can't wait for you guys to hear the upcoming news regarding the NEW ALBUM to be released this year. Nas is doing so many great things outside of musc but this album is one of his top priorities. He is extremely busy accomplishing his dreams so that he can continue to give his fans
creativity through film, documentaries, music, tech & books (ect.) for YEARS TO COME! The future is very bright. By the way X-Box & Nas join forces with music series: http://dlvr.it/4vfVwF
GOAT :wow:

:ahh:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Nas is my favourite MC when I'm not fukking with Jadakiss, no doubt

How would you describe his rhyme style? I can't describe it, but it's dense. Compacted flowing rhymes, never slimpistic and very dense. For example, your Gucci Mayne type rapper would say: walked down the street for some bread. But Nas would say: my suede timbs hit the QB streets as I go on the hunt for some baked wheat (lol, don't judge the bars, it's just an example!). A quote for example

He's one of the reasons I did go off into storytelling because his pictures were so vivid. When he displayed his rhyme schemes and his word play and his songs, it made me wanna create visual pictures as well.

I'm from London but when I see that it's raining (all the time it seems), I ensure to put on Illmatic as it makes me feel like I'm there. I just sit back and chill. So awesome

Additionally, what is your favourite Nas verse? One of mine I only discovered recently because I had been put off listening to It Was Written, but this verse

nikkaz thinkin shyt sweet, I carry big heat
Wavy hair chipped teeth, up in this bytch deep
Queens murder clicks meet, yellow tapes on black gates
Mediterranean, projects is like Kuwait
I escape into zones, that's irregular
Why debate on a phone, I'm solar cellular
Escobar 600, you just a crumb inside a world
where the rich run it, curriculum of a mathologist
Deep throats, they try to swallow this
Anthropologists, dynasties of great knowledgists
I preserve in my dome,
nikkaz mics is full of silicone
Spot's blown, guerilla ice on this killer's life
I put my word on it
Now you can sleep on or rock a swerve on it
Nas is menage a trois' on Mount Aire lodges
We like a smooth fam', but rougher than how DeBarge is
Catchin charges, of marksmen, livin heartless
Grab a cartridge, cock my shyt on some Mobb shyt
We mobbin, puttin nikkaz in mausoleums
From Queens cross the Throsnic, heads bop, I see 'em
from queens cross to throgsneck heads nod

:whoo::huhldup::ooh::lupe::leon::scusthov::lawd::whew:

Man

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is trapped in the 90's after all. Great! More music! Wonder if his tracks will be officially released.