Official Nas Thread

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
20-something years in the GAME and the GOAT peers declaring him the Undisputed GOAT:blessed:

When Common breaks down Nas 3 syllables changing the way people rap:

Bulletholes left in my peepholes
I'm suited up in street clothes
Hand me a nine and I'll defeat foe

...gave me nostalgia to my 10-year-old-self becoming a stan based on his unadulterated lyricism:ohlawd:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I cosign everything J.Cole says about I gave you power top 5 Nas song.Like Cole I was 11 reading that album booklet just fukking mind blown

Yo, I can hear somebody comin in, open the shelf
His eyes bubblin, he said, "It was on"
I felt his palm troubled him shakin
Somebody stomped him out, his dome was achin
He placed me on his waist, the moment I've been waitin
My creation was for blacks to kill blacks
It's gats like me that accidentally, go off, makin nikkaz memories
But this time, it's done intentionally
He walked me outside, saw this cat
Cocked me back, said, "Remember me?"
He pulled the trigger but I held on, it felt wrong
Knowing nikkaz is waiting in hell for 'im
He squeezed harder, I didn't budge, sick of the blood
Sick of the thugs, sick of wrath of the, next man's grudge
What the other kid did was pull out, no doubt
A newer me in better shape, before he lit out, he lead the chase
My owner fell to the floor, his wig split so fast
I didn't know he was hit, it's over with
Heard mad nikkaz screamin, nikkaz runnin, cops is comin
Now I'm happy, until I felt somebody else grab me
Damn!
:ohlawd::ahh:

Evertime this powerful song comes on, it takes me back to sitting in junior highschool homeroom, memorizing the CD booklet, and seeing who could rap this word for word:ahh::banderas:
...that's my childhood:to:

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Mamacita
Black widow turned to be a back seater
Satin pillows a pimpstress in willow
Cookin my blow and heads low
Eye swellin
Dishonor the grain
I gotta split my wife's melon
So I can see the seven seeds of my circumference
Beaver lunged it
Polishin pistols at the gunsmith

:wow: :to:

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1 / 14
By Alison Fensterstock, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Follow on Twitter
on January 29, 2014 at 3:59 PM, updated January 29, 2014 at 4:16 PM
View/Post Comments
Rapper Nas will perform his classic debut album "Illmatic" live in its entirety at the 2014 Buku Music and Art Project, the festival announced today (Jan. 29). The two-day event released its final lineup this afternoon.

"Illmatic," released in 1994, is considered a landmark of American hip-hop, and is often included on lists of the best albums of the '90s. A hardcore hip-hop album with a literate, crafty lyrical sensibility, "Illmatic" established Nas's significant reputation and, according to many critics, revived New York's reputation on the scene at a time when attention had begun to swing to the West Coast, home of Tupac, N.W.A. and Dr. Dre. This year (2014) marks the album's 20th anniversary.

Also added to Buku's lineup today are electronic composer Dan Deacon, noise-pop duo Sleigh Bells; Chicago's Chance the Rapper; Carnage, an innovator of the EDM-meets-Southern-hip-hop genre trap music; dance producer Clockwork, disco-flavored DJ duo Classixx, dance producers Treasure Fingers and Clockwork, and dance music/visual arts mavericks Young & Sick, who created Buku's own visual signatures.

Previously announced Buku acts include the Flaming Lips, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Odd Future ringleader Tyler the Creator, Ellie Goulding, Pusha T, Beats Antique, the Detroit rapper Danny Brown and many more. Among the local acts on deck are the indie-pop band Generationals, Big Freedia, members of the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, DJ Soul Sister, DJ Quickie Mart and Khris Royal, many of whom are scheduled to play special sets on the S.S. Buku, a riverboat VIP area docked at the edge of the festival grounds.

The Buku festival, now in its third year, takes place on five stages at Mardi Gras World on March 21-22. Tickets are available at thebukuproject.com/tickets.

http://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2014/01/nas_to_perform_illmatic_in_its.html

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BfQ--9KCIAImlt-.jpg

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
There is no way you can't say nas isn't the fukking best. Just reading those lyrics. That's art. That's poetics. That's what this hip hop thing is about. It's a reason why I'm a fan. It's a reason why I make beats and dabble a little in rhyming. The pure art of expression. Taking how you feel and creatively finding an outlet for the world. Nas personified that for me. The guy comes from QB. One of the harshes places a kid can grow up and never glorified the violence. He just told you about how they do it just in case you didn't know. That's what's missing in the music today. Middle America, white America whatever, they don't care to look into the ghetto and the hoods of America. No one pays attention to that shyt. That's what rap is suppose to express. Our struggles as black Americans in this country. nikkas just wanna rap about dealing and the exploits but never about the struggle. Nas always inputting that in his music. I feel that shyt.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Listening to Life Is Good for the first time in a few months. This record is phenomenal. Nas was pouring his heart out on this one.

"I remember early mornings, syrup sandwiches, sugar water." :ohlawd:
"Walking up them dark stairwells, elevators was out of order." :wow:
"Don't applaud me, I exhausted G." :pachaha:
"Right here baby, really, Nas did this!" :damn:

Classic album.

Last edited:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
There is no way you can't say nas isn't the fukking best. Just reading those lyrics. That's art. That's poetics. That's what this hip hop thing is about. It's a reason why I'm a fan. It's a reason why I make beats and dabble a little in rhyming. The pure art of expression. Taking how you feel and creatively finding an outlet for the world. Nas personified that for me. The guy comes from QB. One of the harshes places a kid can grow up and never glorified the violence. He just told you about how they do it just in case you didn't know. That's what's missing in the music today. Middle America, white America whatever, they don't care to look into the ghetto and the hoods of America. No one pays attention to that shyt. That's what rap is suppose to express. Our struggles as black Americans in this country. nikkas just wanna rap about dealing and the exploits but never about the struggle. Nas always inputting that in his music. I feel that shyt.

Breh, This shyt Right Here

I Know Saying "This Joint Is So Hip Hop" Is Corny As Hell, But Man, No One Is fukking With Nas The Way He Describes The Hood And Just An Era Of Time

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:salute: to the GOAT rapper breathin, nothing more I can really say...well that and I'm fiending for the next album. :ahh:

Mobb Deep...Nas...both of my GOATs are dropping this year, great to be alive :to: