I almost cried when I heard this.. lol
breh we had the
ku-xlarge.gif
my homie had the panasonic radio bumping this in our hood good times:banderas:

Ermias

D o n e.
Supporter
Daps

still remember the 1st time I heard this walking downtown nikkaz was blasting this immediately spent $5 on that Cutmaster C mixtape everybody had the:ohhh::whew::damn:faces on.Us Nas stans felt a sense of pride:ahh:

Yea nikkas knew he was back after hearing this :yes:

Ermias

D o n e.
Supporter
Daps
funny thing was anybody who heard QB finest album,BE EZ,Eye 4 Eye freestyle,knew he never left

those verses:scusthov::fire:

Back then I didn't know too much about Nas, so I thought he was done off the strength of my friends who were coincidentally Jay-Z fans. Needless to say, me and those dudes no longer kick it. :beli:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He actually said he was gonna do that, that he was "just gonna drop it"....of course I don't believe it lol, but funny Jay and Bey took his idea and did it before he could :p
what did beyonce do?

she dropped an album on a tuesday and nobody knew?

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
n-NAS-large570.jpg

Thus far, how is the album shaping up in terms of its direction?

With “Life Is Good” it felt like hip hop needed an album to help steer the direction of the sound and the rest of the albums that were coming out that year. Or to re-encourage the ones that were working to say, “It’s ok to make a hip hop album.” And that was my goal with that. And I think I accomplished that. I think after that I saw a nice sharp turn for the better in rap albums. So that mission is completed.

With this record, ah man … It’s the next chapter in myself as a writer. I’m really excited about every new leaf I turn. Every new endeavor. I’m excited about that and all the potential that comes with everything new that I do. And all my ideas can come to fruition. And that excites me, because there’s no limits to what I can do, in terms of trying to be an inspiration. I just want to do well for the listeners out there. Do well for the whole genre. So I’m excited.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/18/nas-new-album-nasir-jones_n_4122025.html

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After two decades, Nas is still at the top of his game!
The hip hop legend is celebrating the 20th anniversary of his iconic debut album, Illmatic and told HipHollywood, “I think about the way the game was back then and I didn’t know I would even be still around this long…I didn’t want to be around this long in the game to tell you the truth.”
And even though he didn’t want to be here, he can now look back on the 20+ years in the rap game and give a little advice to the new comers. “Anybody out there that’s working on their first album, who’s only made one album right now, just think about 20 years from now and it’s gonna be a great feeling.”
HipHollywood caught up with the “One Mic” MC as he was being honored at the 2nd annual Vibe Impact Awards. J. Cole, Swizz Beatz, Busta Rhymes and more came out to show their support for Nasty Nas.

And while everyone came out to celebrate Nasir, he took a moment to give props to another New York rapper, J. Cole.