Official Nas Thread

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hennessy x Nasir Jones x Malcolm Campbell...NEVER STOP NEVER SETTLE!

The Hennessy x Nas x Malcolm Campbell TV Commercial:

Behind the scene:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Earlier this year Mariah Carey teased a summer release for her latest album, then titled The Art of Letting Go, but she eventually delayed the date to properly complete the record. Some of those finishing touches on the LP will include completing her new collaboration with Nas — and possibly even linking up with two much younger collaborators.
Back in September, Mariah tweeted a photo of herself in the studio with Nas, whom she worked with on "Thank God I Found You (remix)," and their reunion sounds promising.
"We have yet to finish our collaboration but it's one of people's favorite records, even though it's nowhere near finished, and even though it's not at that
place yet," Carey told MTV News, adding that she's so focused on the current project that it's difficult to even compare it to the last time she recorded with the Queensbridge rapper.
litePlayerPlay2.png

Mariah Carey Gives Us An Update On Collaborations With Nas, Mike Will, Hit Boy, More
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:973022

"It's gonna be dope, I could tell you that," her longtime collaborator Jermaine Dupri added, even putting in a call to Nas during the interview to get an update on their schedule.
And Nas isn't the only one Mariah has been spending quality time with in the studio. Instagram photos over the past few weeks have revealed that she's also been at work with producers that include Mike Will Made It, Hit-Boy and Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins.
"[The album's] sound is varied in terms of textures and in terms of the lyrics," she explained. "A lot of songs are [very] different from one another, but there's something that's similar in terms of all the records. There's an intensity that I think people are going to feel."
Dupri, who joined Mariah's management team over the summer and is overseeing production of the album, shared his two cents on the project so far. "You see those producers and you probably think the producers are driving the songs," he said. "But the records actually sound like they're crafted for Mariah as opposed [her] getting on people's records and doing what they're doing."
litePlayerPlay2.png

Mariah Carey And Jermaine Dupri Uncover 'The Art Of Letting Go'
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:967794

"She's definitely not the artist that will allow you to write the record before she gets to the studio."
"That's because [you're actually] crafting with the other person," Mariah offered up. "The best records in my opinion are the ones where we got together from the inception to the completion of the record. I like this record because we started from scratch, with nothing."
When asked how her twins Monroe and Moroccan have affected her music, Mariah played coy, and would only say that she had something special in store. Will we hear them on the record? "I don't wanna give away one of the very special things about this record," she teased.
Mariah's latest song "The Art of Letting Go" will be released via Facebook on November 11.​

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Complex some time back had a list of all the collabs Mariah has done with rappers and it made me wonder how much Nas has done vice versa(for singers).....

With the recent news he is appearing on a remix with Emeli Sande, it seems like his list is growing.

I know underrated singer Goapele(one of the most underrated singers) out there is a big fan of him so a record could come with her

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas Introduces Harvard Fellowship
'Hip-hop is important like computer science,' he says

By James Sullivan
October 31, 2013 4:40 PM ET
20131031-nas-x600-1383250820.jpg

Nas
Marcus Halevi
When Henry Louis Gates emailed Nas to ask him to lend his name to a new fellowship at Harvard's Hiphop Archive, the rapper replied yes "in a nanosecond," said the professor. A decade ago, he might have had a different answer.
See Where Nas' 'Illmatic' Ranks on the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
"I said no to a lot of things in my twenties," Nas said, sitting at a conference table in aviator shades and a very collegiate cardigan in the Cambridge building that houses Harvard's W.E.B. duBois Research Institute for African-American studies."In the beginning, I was a fighter. I'm always going to be a fighter, but I fight differently, for different reasons, today."
The Nasir Jones Hiphop Fellowship is the result of a major endowment from an anonymous donor who wanted Nas to be the face of the program. "He said 'Nasir Jones is the man,'" recalled Gates, sitting with the rapper and Hiphop Archive founder Marcyliena Morgan. The fellowship is for visiting scholars and will help pay for their research and hip-hop related academic programs.
Gates, the host of PBS' current historical series The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross, said that serious study of hip-hop is critical at a time when black Americans are experiencing "the best of times and the worst of times." In the post-affirmative action era, he said, "we're still fighting the structural causes of poverty and racism . . . To a great extent, we have to save ourselves. And that's the message I get from your work," he said, turning to face Nas.
Nas said his mother wanted him to go to North Carolina State, where his grandparents lived, but he didn't finish high school. Even before he started performing, he said, he recognized that hip-hop could be an education in itself. "One thing that drew me to hip-hop was the things Kurtis Blow was saying, the things Melle Mel was saying," he said. "I would ask my folks, 'What do Run-D.M.C. or Rakim mean by this?'
"Hip-hop is important like computer science," he continued. "The world is changing. If you want to understand the youth, listen to the music. This is what's happening right underneath your nose."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nas-introduces-harvard-fellowship-20131031#ixzz2jKwAqdRD
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Complex some time back had a list of all the collabs Mariah has done with rappers and it made me wonder how much Nas has done vice versa(for singers).....

With the recent news he is appearing on a remix with Emeli Sande, it seems like his list is growing.

I know underrated singer Goapele(one of the most underrated singers) out there is a big fan of him so a record could come with her

:whoa: he's gonna be on the joint w/Sande? :to: