Official Nas Thread

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
Having already created Hip Hop classics like Illmatic, It Was Written, and last year’s Grammy nominated Life Is Good, Nas is now continuing his crossover into filmmaking. The Queensbridge legend is taking on the role of executive producer for the upcoming dance documentary Shake the Dust.
The film is directed by Adam Sjöberg (We All Might Make It) and will cover the social impact breaking dancing has across the globe. Nas will also provide original music for the film.
“What these kids are doing around the world reminds me why I fell in love with hip-hop and how important it is as a creative and constructive outlet,” said Nas in a statement. “After hearing Adam’s vision for this project and hearing the stories, I was incredibly excited to help bring the film to global audiences who need to hear this surprising message of Educational Value
Nas previous production credits include 2001′s Sacred Is the Flesh and 2008′s Tyson documentary.
Watch the trailer for Shake the Dust below.

:banderas:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Everytime I hear Stay it feels like the first time :ohlawd: :noah:

:ohhh: you know what?... that describes the way the album ends off perfectly.

tumblr_mbc3y6Femi1qdlfp4o1_r2_500.gif

I went out and bought another suit after hearing this album.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

Do I want to wear Jordans, shell toe Adidas or my Nike Air Max? Do I want to wear my Rolex Gold Masterpiece? Or do I want to wear my Hublot Classic Fusion King Gold Small Second?

:takedat:

2:00PM: I pick up my son from school, and we do whatever he decides! He likes to eat pizza and tell kid jokes to make me laugh. He also loves to watch movies, like Madagascar and Toy Story 1, 2, and 3. My favorite days are when we just talk, and he asks me questions about the world around us. Spending time with him is usually the best part of my day.

:wow: :wow:

5:00PM: I head to the studio. At this point I’m in the zone – my music zone. First I’ll listen to a beat. I don’t look for any specific sound, but one that moves me. Once I’ve selected one, I start writing. I write in no particular order – sometimes the verse is first, other times the hook. I write what’s on my mind and that very moment, and those ideas can vary.

:banderas: :ohlawd: :lawd:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lets let the video speak for itself... It said "weak rappers like naS" and naS says Pac had that warrior spirit that he lacked and he could NEVER do what Pac did... meanwhile naS wearin Pac shirts lol
Nas was a weak rapper, yet Pac is out here stealing the Street Dreams beat and basing Me & My Girlfriend after I Gave You Power.

"While working as a journalist for The Source in 1994, Hampton covered three court cases involving Tupac. Around this time, she received an advance-copy of Illmatic and immediately dubbed a cassette version for Tupac, who became "an instant convert" of the album. The next day, she writes, Tupac "arrived in his assigned courtroom blasting Illmatic so loudly that the bailiff yelled at him to turn it off before the judge took his seat on the bench." In her essay, Hampton implies that Nas' lyricism might have influenced Tupac's acclaimed album, Me Against The World which was recorded that same year."

:camby:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Lets let the video speak for itself... It said "weak rappers like naS" and naS says Pac had that warrior spirit that he lacked and he could NEVER do what Pac did... meanwhile naS wearin Pac shirts lol

Nas was a weak rapper, yet Pac is out here stealing the Street Dreams beat and basing Me & My Girlfriend after I Gave You Power.

"While working as a journalist for The Source in 1994, Hampton covered three court cases involving Tupac. Around this time, she received an advance-copy of Illmatic and immediately dubbed a cassette version for Tupac, who became "an instant convert" of the album. The next day, she writes, Tupac "arrived in his assigned courtroom blasting Illmatic so loudly that the bailiff yelled at him to turn it off before the judge took his seat on the bench." In her essay, Hampton implies that Nas' lyricism might have influenced Tupac's acclaimed album, Me Against The World which was recorded that same year."
:camby:

:to: can't we just like both.

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White Man's Paper :

I think I've talked about it in this thread some time ago, but back back when HHID was about to drop, there were a few reports of a song called white man's paper with damian marley that really looked promising. shyt was produced by an unknown cat called Afrykan (some sites even said "an african dude"). Well at that time I did some research and found him on YouTube and we started discussing about the track. he had gotten a call from def jam confirming it was on the album, but a few days before the release, without any reason they told him it got took off...

Just yesterday I was wondering what happened to him since then and found this :

http://crazedafrykan.blogspot.fr/2008/10/almost-famous.html?m=1

Quite an interesting piece about the industry.. Shame we will probably never hear this song.. Poor dude himself only heard it once..

Urbane

Pro
Daps
Do I want to wear Jordans, shell toe Adidas or my Nike Air Max? Do I want to wear my Rolex Gold Masterpiece? Or do I want to wear my Hublot Classic Fusion King Gold Small Second?

:takedat:

2:00PM: I pick up my son from school, and we do whatever he decides! He likes to eat pizza and tell kid jokes to make me laugh. He also loves to watch movies, like Madagascar and Toy Story 1, 2, and 3. My favorite days are when we just talk, and he asks me questions about the world around us. Spending time with him is usually the best part of my day.

:wow: :wow:

5:00PM: I head to the studio. At this point I’m in the zone – my music zone. First I’ll listen to a beat. I don’t look for any specific sound, but one that moves me. Once I’ve selected one, I start writing. I write in no particular order – sometimes the verse is first, other times the hook. I write what’s on my mind and that very moment, and those ideas can vary.

:banderas: :ohlawd: :lawd:

Reading this had me envisioning him and his son like the younger Nas and the boy in the One Love video, thought that was pretty cool. LOL at Nas waking up at 10 AM and spending the next two hours pondering his wardrobe and lunch selection.