Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
"With “Life Is Good” it felt like hip hop needed an album to help steer the direction of the sound and the rest of the albums that were coming out that year. Or to re-encourage the ones that were working to say, “It’s ok to make a hip hop album.” And that was my goal with that. And I think I accomplished that. I think after that I saw a nice sharp turn for the better in rap albums.

EXACTLY

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
"With “Life Is Good” it felt like hip hop needed an album to help steer the direction of the sound and the rest of the albums that were coming out that year. Or to re-encourage the ones that were working to say, “It’s ok to make a hip hop album.” And that was my goal with that. And I think I accomplished that. I think after that I saw a nice sharp turn for the better in rap albums.

EXACTLY
I think the interview should've stayed on its own in its own thread. I very nearly posted it just now too. I don't agree with him on that though. Most of those albums were already being made when his album dropped. GKMC is particular was basically a finished product. People are making albums again though.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hope he doesn't let the critical acclaim of LIG sway him. Nas needs to always do what he feels like.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
fukk everything Nas does until I get a FULL version of.....

Get The Curse Worse Than Superstition To MCs
Like The Virus, Bad Luck
Like Opening The Tomb of King Tut
Feel The Hand Of The Mummy's Touch
Cover Your Flow Like A Web Of A Black Widow
You Feel Fate
Retribution

shyt is :ahh: and :hamster: at the same time because of how :ohhh: it is :to:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I want to know is: besides re-packaging Illmatic for the 20 years anniversary, what else they can Sony (realistically) do to make it special? The 10 year edition was pretty nice with several remixes and one unreleased track.